Extar EP 9 review

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    https://youtu.be/mFAPNdzQsbU

Guy is kinda goofy, misses the mark on some things but at least you get some good views of the gun and some good info. Anyway, I’ve had mine for over a year now and the round count is over 1k at this point, so I thought I’d give it my own review.

First I want to mention that I’ve never had the first FTF in over 2 cases of ammo. About 1/3 mixed subsonic in 126(?)gr and 147gr, about 2/3 was 115gr aluminum cased ball from CCI and Federal. That’s also using mostly SGM 33 round mags and a few Glock funsticks. Suppressed about 1/2 the time with both sub and supersonic loads. I do admit there were a few times that I pulled the trigger and nothing happened...but when I investigated, the breech was open and the mag was dry, so...

Light weight! Even loaded and with a can this thing is lightweight. My Scorpion feels like a tank compared to this even unloaded. Same with a 7.5 inch AR9 on a PSA milled 9mm lower. Balance is also nice.

Accurate and shootable! As much as any other PCC or braced pistol I’ve ever shot. Shot pennies glued to plywood at a fair distance with the red dot I have on it. Just under 100 feet, but it’ll reach out there to 100 yards quite well too. I found the brace on it to be fantastic. Close your eyes and it’s the same as a nice stock. All rubber coated. It is adjustable in that you force it to the length you want and it stays put. Not that it will bump your shoulder though. Recoil is almost nonexistent. Follow up shots are too easy if you shoot with both eyes open with a red dot. If you don’t you should learn.

AR compatible? The lower is to some extent and where it counts in my opinion. I replaced some small parts and the grip just to suit my liking. The trigger was great (think Frontier poly lower trigger) but I had a few silky smooth mil spec laying around with JP springs so, that and the safety went steel. Swapped the grip for one of the little K grips that Magpul makes. Real nice swap there. I’m certain the bolt stop is the same as well.

Service? Well, I talked to a real nice person when I was looking at these. Just called Extar and asked questions with no waiting and got all of them answered. Right here in the USA. They back up their product. Good enough for me.
    Just over $400 to my FFL, I think it was 430? Can’t remember. Low enough I should have got 2.
    I built the first 10mm AR pistol I had ever seen or shot and it’s a fun and awesome gun in my opinion, so I’m extremely anxious for EXtar to bring out their 10mm version of this puppy. They also say they’re planning a .45 version.

So, low priced dependable lightweight suppressor host in 9mm. Maybe I’ll just post up a link to their site just in case.

https://extarusa.com/

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Just thought I’d mention, threads on the barrel end right before the forend tube starts so if you direct thread a can with 1/2x28 threads it’ll almost butt right to the tube. No need for any boosters or thread extensions. Very friendly suppressor host.

Any other question, post up.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I've been waiting 2 years and counting for the 45 or 10mm version to come out. Don't hold your breath!
    I know, right?! They need to get after it. I’m wanting one in 10mm so bad I can taste it. Hoping they use Glock mags like my AR.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom