CA Compliant

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jordanoh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2019
    New Orleans
    Does anybody know if it’s possible to convert a Compliant mag fire arm chambered in 40 to its regular 12 rounds instead of 10? Is it simply just a mag change or is it other parts have to be changed also? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTx11B

Combat Vet
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    NOLA
    Assuming nothing else is wrong with gun yes. I would ask if any modifications have been made from whoever has it.

Jordanoh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2019
    New Orleans
    No I’m looking to buy the CA compliant Sig 226 model online it’s just to good of a deal to pass up butt I’d like to be able to use my few extra rounds in it because I live in a regular complaint state

MTx11B

Combat Vet
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    NOLA
    Gotcha, something to think about is by the time you upgrade mags and whatever else, pay ffl fee locally you might just be into it for more than you wanted anyway. Most local FFL dealers will work with you and or try the used market you could save money on a like new gun as most people buy and shoot once then put away. Food for thought goodluck hope it works out

Jordanoh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2019
    New Orleans
    Ya I’m lookin all over the place it’s a special model that they sell for way more then buds is selling for and couple of models I wanted to get from them is sold out now

snipehunter7

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2016
    Franklinton, LA
    Elite

Cool. I got one 10 round CA compliant mag and a couple standard capacity mags with an older P229. The 10 round mag looked the same on the outside from what I recall except for the markings and less round indicator holes. I never took it apart but wondered if it had a really big follower and spring to compensate.

You may come out better selling those to some out of state folks and buying standard capacity mags.

Jordanoh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2019
    New Orleans
    Cool. I got one 10 round CA compliant mag and a couple standard capacity mags with an older P229. The 10 round mag looked the same on the outside from what I recall except for the markings and less round indicator holes. I never took it apart but wondered if it had a really big follower and spring to compensate.

You may come out better selling those to some out of state folks and buying standard capacity mags.

Appreciate the help man really

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I would put the mags up for sale on calguns forum and see if they move, then just buy regular capacity mags from gun mag warehouse or whoever has the best deal.

Sometimes the mag bodies have dimples to limit capacity, sometimes the followers are different. Changing the guts is no big deal, but altering the mag body would be a pita.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom