I guess this is going to be a thing now

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    She may not have been persuade him to choose a specific method but she may have been persuading him to pick any of them.
    "Her texts included repeated admonitions for Mr. Urtula to ‘go kill himself’ to ‘go die’ and that she, his family, and the world would be better off without him.*

Oh there is no doubt she’s a bad person. I just believe that codifying this lack of responsibility for your own actions is logically flawed and as we have already pointed out bad for our country. I’m pretty sure the statute you quoted was written to try prevent euthanasia, and not some crazy ex-girlfriend from being a horrible person. But you see how clumsily laws are written, when ‘we have to do something’ whiners get obsessed about something.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Oh there is no doubt she’s a bad person. I just believe that codifying this lack of responsibility for your own actions is logically flawed and as we have already pointed out bad for our country. I’m pretty sure the statute you quoted was written to try prevent euthanasia, and not some crazy ex-girlfriend from being a horrible person. But you see how clumsily laws are written, when ‘we have to do something’ whiners get obsessed about something.
    Yeah, kinda reminds me of all the mandatory ‘stupid stickers’ nowadays. You know, the ones with warnings they label products with that make you stop and think WTF. Did somebody actually do something that stupid with this product...and how many people are we talking about anyway? Dang....
    Two words: Personal Responsibility...
    Get some

Rocko68

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 27, 2019
    New Orleans, La
    "Imagine some jerkoff being so willing to wreck a life that he’d take his own to do so. What the heck was this guy doing to get that reaction from her? I’m thinking he created the scenario. The article doesn’t say she was harassing him and his girlfriend every minute of the day and demanding he rid the world of himself, popping up like penny wise the clown and whispering in his ear every day and torturing him into doing it and I seriously doubt that is the case. Sounds like he was a glutton for it and put himself in that situation. If all she ever did was just tell him he should end his life, this is utter BS.
    Even in this day of blame it all on someone else and I can’t possibly take responsibility for my own dumb ass, this is going too far. It sounds like what they’re charging her with is covered by the first amendment. Hate speech=speech."

Good point, he may have been the pursuant in this case and to the point that she had no other nice ways to say it's over....who knows.

El Pozzinator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Denham springs LA
    Given the specifics of LRS cited above, it’s worth considering the inverse of this situation:

Do we think it would be reasonable to charge HIM if he’d successfully encouraged her to commit suicide? More practically, do we think our society WOULD charge him with her suicide? If the answer to either of those is yes, then I think the conclusion ought to be that she clearly violated the law and should be charged and tried accordingly. All these laws only applying to certain segments of the population or blatantly favoring one segment over any other is anathema to “all men created equal” (and women), and they’re a slippery slope. If what’s good for the goose is no longer good for the gander, we’ve allowed the government to affect an us-vs-them. And once they’ve divided us once, they’ll keep breaking us down into smaller and smaller niches which are easier to control than our collective whole. They’ve already done a great job of dividing us so far with all this “hyphen-American” and persecuted / victimized minority group crap (no single defined segment comprises more than 50% so we’re all by definition some minority or another) and we need to stop letting the left tell us we fall into some disadvantaged group that needs cared for.

Ok, I’ll get off my stupid soapbox now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom