I guess this is going to be a thing now

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I like the description under the photo ( You, 21 right and the boyfriend left) that's real reporting because you just don't know these days.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    At 1st I thought it was the same case as the 2017 one.
    I think it is both really a new thing even though it us another case, but has been going on a very long time with many individuals.
    The thing thatt has changed is tech has left a clear trail of evidence to prosecute someone afterwords.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    At 1st I thought it was the same case as the 2017 one.
    I think it is both really a new thing even though it us another case, but has been going on a very long time with many individuals.
    The thing thatt has changed is tech has left a clear trail of evidence to prosecute someone afterwords.

I just find this sort of thing a bit much. He could have solved the problem by blocking her on his phone, and although inexperienced with most social mediums I believe you can block people on those as well.

I don’t understand the logic. You don’t kill yourself because some bitchy ex says to. They lost the opportunity to boss you around when they stopped putting out.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I just find this sort of thing a bit much. He could have solved the problem by blocking her on his phone, and although inexperienced with most social mediums I believe you can block people on those as well.

I don’t understand the logic. You don’t kill yourself because some bitchy ex says to. They lost the opportunity to boss you around when they stopped putting out.

Setting aside the fact he did not block her, should her encouraging him repeatedly to go kill himself be considered a crime?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Setting aside the fact he did not block her, should her encouraging him repeatedly to go kill himself be considered a crime?

I say no! The old saying; "If so and so tells you to go jump off a bridge......?" Comes to mind.

Even if this was this dudes first piece, how can you be intelligent enough to graduate from BC, but so emotionally dis-attached literally from reality that you would actually not be able to pause and think figuratively; "You know what? F**K HER!"

Now, this society of ours is creating an entire generation of crybaby's, bed wetters, mama's boys, and whackos; but still. Is nothing anyone does to harm themselves or others ever their own faults anymore? Who, other than out of touch phony liberals and America haters can't see the end game can't end well for the U.S.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

This kind of behavior has been prosecuted before, but I’m not sure that’s the right course of action. She shouldn’t have any undue influence and it’s not duress. She had no power over him that he didn’t willingly allow as best I understand.

Now it’s safe to say she’s not a good person. I just don’t see her actions as criminal.

Ok it could be harassment.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I say no! The old saying; "If so and so tells you to go jump off a bridge......?" Comes to mind.

Even if this was this dudes first piece, how can you be intelligent enough to graduate from BC, but so emotionally dis-attached literally from reality that you would actually not be able to pause and think figuratively; "You know what? F**K HER!"

Now, this society of ours is creating an entire generation of crybaby's, bed wetters, mama's boys, and whackos; but still. Is nothing anyone does to harm themselves or others ever their own faults anymore? Who, other than out of touch phony liberals and America haters can't see the end game can't end well for the U.S.

Eggs-actly :hi5:

Beau Etienne

Take a Card. Any Card.
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    Regardless of the situation I can only assume that he was mentally ill. Crimes against the mentally ill should have, and do, have merit. Stupidity or depression in this case ? I think the definition of mental illness or not would weigh heavily in my determination were I to be sitting on a jury.
    Yea, she's a bitch, at the least.
    This reminds me of the song 'Jumper' by Third Eye Blind.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=third+eye+blaind+jumper+lyrics

Last edited:

Rocko68

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 27, 2019
    New Orleans, La
    That's a tuff one to consider taking a side on. Words really do hurt and in most relationships the words from a significant other packs a wallopp. Agreed the days of a generation of mamby-pambys is upon us, and the days when kids grow up having to experience normal hardships in life are over as well.
    Her callous CHOICE in words were most probably never intended to persuade him to jump, but nevertheless, he also had the CHOICE to say, "really &!+(h, no way and I'm out".
    It's kinda like a divorce, the option to stay in an abusive relationship is yours and the CHOICE you make is yours as well.
    Too bad for the families, and I wonder what their opinions would have been on this.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

This kind of behavior has been prosecuted before, but I’m not sure that’s the right course of action. She shouldn’t have any undue influence and it’s not duress. She had no power over him that he didn’t willingly allow as best I understand.

Now it’s safe to say she’s not a good person. I just don’t see her actions as criminal.

Ok it could be harassment.

LA R.S. 14:32.12. Criminal assistance to suicide
    A. Criminal assistance to suicide is:
    (1) The intentional advising or encouraging of another person to commit suicide or the providing of the physical means or the knowledge of such means to another person for the purpose of enabling the other person to commit or attempt to commit suicide.
    (2) The intentional advising, encouraging, or assisting of another person to commit suicide, or the participation in any physical act which causes, aids, abets, or assists another person in committing or attempting to commit suicide.

I know a few people who are book smart but socially inept. And he deserves some of the blame. But I think it goes beyond harassment if you are constantly encouraging someone to kill themselves in text messages sent at an average of once every two minutes for two months. I believe she didn't have a duty to help the guy but she did have a duty to not encourage him to kill himself.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    That's a tuff one to consider taking a side on. Words really do hurt and in most relationships the words from a significant other packs a wallopp. Agreed the days of a generation of mamby-pambys is upon us, and the days when kids grow up having to experience normal hardships in life are over as well.
    Her callous CHOICE in words were most probably never intended to persuade him to jump, but nevertheless, he also had the CHOICE to say, "really &!+(h, no way and I'm out".
    It's kinda like a divorce, the option to stay in an abusive relationship is yours and the CHOICE you make is yours as well.
    Too bad for the families, and I wonder what their opinions would have been on this.

She may not have been persuade him to choose a specific method but she may have been persuading him to pick any of them.
    "Her texts included repeated admonitions for Mr. Urtula to ‘go kill himself’ to ‘go die’ and that she, his family, and the world would be better off without him.*

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Only way I can see any law being acceptable in my opinion regarding these events is with a child or someone who has the mind of a child, as in special needs etc. or perhaps the clinically proven mentally ill. The story as I read it is absolutely ridiculous. Let’s consider how it may have gone on so long. How and why might the goober have allowed the InYou person to text what was sent for all that time. Did she reject him and did he in turn stalk her until she turned to those actions that the prosecution now wants to charge her for? Regardless, the derp had every opportunity to shut it down and move on.
    Bangswitch beat me to it. I swear I was thinking, if she had just told him to go F himself is she guilty of rape? As ridiculous as this sounds, charging her is worse.

Imagine some jerkoff being so willing to wreck a life that he’d take his own to do so. What the heck was this guy doing to get that reaction from her? I’m thinking he created the scenario. The article doesn’t say she was harassing him and his girlfriend every minute of the day and demanding he rid the world of himself, popping up like penny wise the clown and whispering in his ear every day and torturing him into doing it and I seriously doubt that is the case. Sounds like he was a glutton for it and put himself in that situation. If all she ever did was just tell him he should end his life, this is utter BS.
    Even in this day of blame it all on someone else and I can’t possibly take responsibility for my own dumb ass, this is going too far. It sounds like what they’re charging her with is covered by the first amendment. Hate speech=speech.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom