Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34
    Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kuffaar View Post
    It really is. Most at gas tubes in his melt down videos fail between 400-800 rounds full auto.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    9mm AR's don't have gas tubes.

On Target

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    9mm AR's don't have gas tubes.
    No they do not. But the in comparison to a DI rifle for this 9mm to go the long haul is impressive. His 22 suppressed video is impressive also. Very little heat.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

No they do not. But the in comparison to a DI rifle for this 9mm to go the long haul is impressive. His 22 suppressed video is impressive also. Very little heat.

You're comparing apples to oranges.

5.56 case pressures are around 55kpsi while 9mm is less than half of that.

All or nothing

User Info Menu

Gas tube or not, 5k rounds on full auto, as fast as you can feed a 9mm PCC and no breakage. I guess one could knock that, but their opinion wouldn’t hold any weight afterward.
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct it———
    Bangswitch

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    Gas tube or not, 5k rounds on full auto, as fast as you can feed a 9mm PCC and no breakage. I guess one could knock that, but their opinion wouldn’t hold any weight afterward.
    I don't think anyone is "knocking" it. I'm just pointing out that comparing it to a DI 5.56 gun on full auto is much harsher on parts than what the 9mm gun is experiencing.

On Target

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    Exactly 5000+ rounds on any platform regardless if its DI, piston, or blowback on full auto that is impressive. But in his melt down videos DI and Piston all fail at some point.

So what I was getting at is if he can put this many rounds down range and still get accurate shots afterwards. I dont see any thing wrong with having an AR9 that cost $140. Friction and heat is what damages a barrel. And I really seriously don't think any of us will ever hit this benchmark on full auto lol

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

So what I was getting at is if he can put this many rounds down range and still get accurate shots afterwards. I dont see any thing wrong with having an AR9 that cost $140.
    Is the 9mm AR in the video identical to the 9mm AR upper in the OP?

On Target

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    Is the 9mm AR in the video identical to the 9mm AR upper in the OP?
    No it is not but with blow back your bcg is likely to fail before the barrel.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

No it is not but with blow back your bcg is likely to fail before the barrel.

Considering a 9mm barrel is a solid chunk of steel, you're probably right, but it's still no comparison to a DI gun.

Firings schedules are important. It's why heavy MG's have interchangeable barrels.

All or nothing

User Info Menu

Exactly 5000+ rounds on any platform regardless if its DI, piston, or blowback on full auto that is impressive. But in his melt down videos DI and Piston all fail at some point.

So what I was getting at is if he can put this many rounds down range and still get accurate shots afterwards. I dont see any thing wrong with having an AR9 that cost $140. Friction and heat is what damages a barrel. And I really seriously don't think any of us will ever hit this benchmark on full auto lol

Yeah, on my biggest magdumping weekend with a truckload of gun’s and cans of ammo I can’t say I’ve ever shot 5k rounds in a day, much less a half hour or less. He cut the drum in two.....in spray and pray mode.
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct it———
    Bangswitch