9mm AR upper assembly $140

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Yeah, I know, too good to be true, right?
    No BCG or charging handle but what a crazy price. I’ll take a gamble for that money to have another upper tho. I still have a 5.56 and a .300BLK that I bought from these guys dirt cheap and they run like tops. It’s like a new found freedom to have a beater so cheap and not worry about every little ding. The parts are decent on these builds and you can request them as a kit to assemble yourself but I’ve been happy with how mine were done. These guys are also a good source for lower cost mil spec build kits or parts, unless your hands are just too good to handle anything less than Colt or DD, etc..

https://www.deltateamtactical.com/D...ndguard-Assembled-or-Unassembled_p_11904.html

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Parts kit is not included in the $140 bundle.

$44 KAK barrel
    $40 Anderson slick upper
    $25-30 4" m-lok handguard
    $12+ muzzle device

It's possible to beat that $140 price on paper. I could order the same or comparable parts for $121. It would have a standard bird cage muzzle device instead of what comes in the kit. And I could probable save a couple of dollars by getting a stripped upper with a forward assist. Those can be found as low as $30. But I wouldn't be surprised if the total out of pocket got close to $140 when you add shipping at the various stores. The second link is a decent bundle if you don't mind sacrificing m-lok and settling for keymod.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

$44 KAK barrel
    $40 Anderson slick upper
    $12+ muzzle device

It's possible to beat that $140 price on paper. I could order the same or comparable parts for $121. It would have a standard bird cage muzzle device instead of what comes in the kit. And I could probable save a couple of dollars by getting a stripped upper with a forward assist. Those can be found as low as $30. But I wouldn't be surprised if the total out of pocket got close to $140 when you add shipping at the various stores. The second link is a decent bundle if you don't mind sacrificing m-lok and settling for keymod.

The first upper doesn’t have a forward assist or dust cover. There are plenty of uppers built that way. So what kit are you referring to? The second upper I listed has a dust cover and forward assist equipped upper, and comes with the kit if you go the unassembled route. I’m looking at 15 bucks extra for those who can’t or choose not to build, thus order the built upper and I bet there are plenty of folks who would go for that. That’s the crowd I threw it out there for, but did mention that they had a choice.
    True enough, I haven’t built much on the AR15 platform in at least 6 months, but I haven’t seen a 9mm upper this cheap... well, ever.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

$44 KAK barrel
    $40 Anderson slick upper
    $12+ muzzle device

Why don’t you post some hot deals Perez?
    That’s what this section of the forum is for, correct?
    I’d rather see you post your finds than have you make attempts at explaining why these are not good deals in your opinion. What exactly is the point in that? I don’t find it helpful. Does anyone find it helpful?
    For all you posted here to explain why these aren’t good deals, I don’t see one link to any deal. No help at all. Maybe you could just move your post to the no help at all section.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Why don’t you post some hot deals Perez?
    That’s what this section of the forum is for, correct?
    I’d rather see you post your finds than have you make attempts at explaining why these are not good deals in your opinion. What exactly is the point in that? I don’t find it helpful. Does anyone find it helpful?
    For all you posted here to explain why these aren’t good deals, I don’t see one link to any deal. No help at all. Maybe you could just move your post to the no help at all section.

Sigh. First of all, there are 2 posts started by me on the first page of hot deals so either you didn't actually look or you are just lying. Secondly, you have such a desire to argue that you don't want to see that my post was saying the deals you posted were good bundles at a decent price.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Arguing about being able to build an upper cheaper than $140 is... interesting.

Are you really gaining anything by saving a few pennies?

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    So say, someone {Me} wants a 9mm AR. What does it take other than the BCG and the Upper? Do they make Conversion Mags shaped like 5.56?
    What else is needed ?

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Arguing about being able to build an upper cheaper than $140 is... interesting.

Are you really gaining anything by saving a few pennies?

Well it depends. Heat that sucker up with a string of mag dumps. If it still shoots good after running a couple hundred through it in a couple minutes it’s a win. If not, you lost one date night with you lady. With my taste in bourbon and food in general, plus someone to watch my kids, $140 doesn’t go far, so getting a durable good at that price point is easy to justify. If it’s gun parts and it’s actually worth a crap I’m usually pretty content, but there is that other possibility.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So say, someone {Me} wants a 9mm AR. What does it take other than the BCG and the Upper? Do they make Conversion Mags shaped like 5.56?
    What else is needed ?

Mean Arms makes the EndoMag. It's an insert for a gen2 or gen3 pmag that allows you to use a standard lower with an ar9 upper. I pre-ordered a set of those when they were first announced and have had mixed results with them from failure to feed to 2nd to last round bolt hold open. I've tried to tweak it a little but I haven't gotten them to run reliably. But that was a year ago. I don't know if they've adjusted the design or there was a production issue with the batch I got or if the combination of parts wasn't just right. I do know they've gotten some good reviews. And CMMG sells a conversion version in their Banshee line that comes with it.
    https://www.meanarms.com/products/detail/endomag-9mm

You may also need to get a 9mm buffer that's a little bit longer than a standard buffer. Alternatively, you can get a buffer spacer to use with a standard buffer but you may want to try a heavier buffer. And you may need an ar10 carbing length buffer spring.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    What else is needed ?

A dedicated 9mm lower that accepts Glock or Colt mags is common. Alternatively you can purchase a magwell adapter for a standard lower receiver.

You may or may not need a different buffer, depending on the BCG you purchase.

Well it depends. Heat that sucker up with a string of mag dumps. If it still shoots good after running a couple hundred through it in a couple minutes it’s a win. If not, you lost one date night with you lady. With my taste in bourbon and food in general, plus someone to watch my kids, $140 doesn’t go far, so getting a durable good at that price point is easy to justify. If it’s gun parts and it’s actually worth a crap I’m usually pretty content, but there is that other possibility.

Mag dumps are not exactly my procedure for testing quality, but ensuring it can handle a more strenuous firing schedule is important.

The reason I ask is because 9mm AR's are often finnicky and Joe Blow Tactical websites often don't sell the best quality parts.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Mean Arms makes the EndoMag. It's an insert for a gen2 or gen3 pmag that allows you to use a standard lower with an ar9 upper. I pre-ordered a set of those when they were first announced and have had mixed results with them from failure to feed to 2nd to last round bolt hold open. I've tried to tweak it a little but I haven't gotten them to run reliably. But that was a year ago. I don't know if they've adjusted the design or there was a production issue with the batch I got or if the combination of parts wasn't just right. I do know they've gotten some good reviews. And CMMG sells a conversion version in their Banshee line that comes with it.
    https://www.meanarms.com/products/detail/endomag-9mm

You may also need to get a 9mm buffer that's a little bit longer than a standard buffer. Alternatively, you can get a buffer spacer to use with a standard buffer but you may want to try a heavier buffer. And you may need an ar10 carbing length buffer spring.

Now that’s cool

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Mag dumps are not exactly my procedure for testing quality, but ensuring it can handle a more strenuous firing schedule is important.

The reason I ask is because 9mm AR's are often finnicky and Joe Blow Tactical websites often don't sell the best quality parts.

Yeah sometimes you get a good deal and sometimes it’s junk. I like to find those high value low cost items. Sometimes I strike out but I’ve found some.

I did like that you had an option to buy it ‘some assembly required’ or for $15 more they would do it for you. So at least you don’t have to disassemble before you assemble.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Yeah sometimes you get a good deal and sometimes it’s junk. I like to find those high value low cost items. Sometimes I strike out but I’ve found some.

I did like that you had an option to buy it ‘some assembly required’ or for $15 more they would do it for you. So at least you don’t have to disassemble before you assemble.

Quality of parts can make or break a firearm. Good parts don't matter if they don't assemble it properly. At the price point, it doesn't inspire confidence.

Hell, I recently had a $1300 AR Pistol from a "reputable manufacturer" fall apart in my hands after 2 mags on the range.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Quality of parts can make or break a firearm. Good parts don't matter if they don't assemble it properly. At the price point, it doesn't inspire confidence.

Hell, I recently had a $1300 AR Pistol from a "reputable manufacturer" fall apart in my hands after 2 mags on the range.

Make model and what happened please? It’s not bashing if it happened. Could save some of us the wallet and heartache. Thanks

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Sigh. First of all, there are 2 posts started by me on the first page of hot deals so either you didn't actually look or you are just lying. Secondly, you have such a desire to argue that you don't want to see that my post was saying the deals you posted were good bundles at a decent price.

Yeah, I didn’t get that from your post. I actually thought you were picking over it like there were better deals all around but I’m sure I misread your post, at which point I welcomed you to go post some deals, which was not a statement that I had looked or that you don’t post any deals....so no, I’m not a liar either...I was just trying to be nice.

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom