Thieves Breaking Vehicles With Firearms Stickers.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Sheriff: Gun thieves targeting pickups with hunting stickers and patriotic emblems
    By Doug Evans
    Published 23 hours ago
    Fayette County
    FOX 5 Atlanta
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Print
    Email
    FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. - Here is a puzzling case out of Fayette County where investigators say thieves broke the window of a man’s pickup truck while at the gas pumps. We’ve heard of cases of thieves opening unlocked doors and sliding into the car. But this time they actually broke the glass to get inside.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Yeah, what’s bad is, if you tried to explain to Joe Bob why it’s not a good idea to put that big white ‘My Glock is in the console’ sticker on the blacked out rear glass...

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    People just don’t understand what a grey man is and how to protect yourself from those with harmful intentions.

Worst one I’ve seen is the stick figure family trend.
    Now everyone knows you have a wife, two kids (and their gender) and a dog.
    Too much intel for burglars and other n’erdowells....

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Seems like we had a member on here years ago that was LSU PD. And he told about they had more vehicle burglaries on vehicles with dark tinted windows. It as like if they were that dark there must be something worth stealing in them.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I had my toolbox in the bed of my truck broken into once after putting a "Jefferson Gun Outlet" sticker on my rear window... They didn't break into my truck, just the toolbox... in BROAD DAYLIGHT and in the middle of a pay to park parking lot no less. Just used a crowbar or something on the lid to pop it up and bend the small bars holding it closed. It took all of 2 seconds to fix.

Now, what moron would ever believe I would leave a firearm in a metal non-weatherproof toolbox in the bed of my pickup truck is beyond me. Then again, it could have just been a coincidence... because the same kind of morons around with all of the construction downtown that break into the sites to steal all of the tools may have thought my truck belonged to a construction worker and possibly the toolbox was full of tools.

In reality, it was full of surveillance cameras... brand new in the boxes... and guess what? They never touched them. Like I said... morons.

In closing... I removed the sticker... hasn't been touched since. Was never touched prior to putting the sticker on either. That was the only sticker I ever put on my truck (no "Come and Take it", no "GLOCK" or "Springfield"... not even Magpul). I constantly see "advertisements"... even an NRA sticker can be one... if you leave your firearm in your vehicle! Isn't that like Rule #2? or #3? haha.

Come on people!

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    That is why I have ACLU, OBAMA 2012, Hillary 2016, and Warren 2020 stickers on my car.:mamoru::rofl::mamoru:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RussD2
    Top Bottom