First hand experience?? P320 vs. P320 Xseries

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snipehunter7

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2016
    Franklinton, LA
    I’m looking at a P320 RX Compact (on sale right now and have a bunch of applicable gift cards) but then there’s the 320 XCompact.

Ive read over all the specs. Anyone have any first hand experience with these? If not these specific models, then the P320 series vs the P320 Xseries.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    I traded my Glock 23 for a new 320, not the x, dec 2018.

i love this thing vs my 23, even with a 9mm conversion in the Glock.

also I changed the grip module to the small and love the way it feels. I use the desantis slim tuk and it all but disappears. I shoot very well with it and love the sights on it.

mine has a safety, after the drop tests, I actually like it that way.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    You can get the x grip modules for around $40-$50 new. I just bought one used for $30 shipped. The grip is what makes the biggest difference in my opinion. The size and grip angle is perfect. If you are a LEO check out the professional series. I’m going to order the professional carry in the next couple of days. The pro line doesn’t remove the rear sight when installing an optic and the mounting screws for the plate are up top vs under the slide.

https://www.google.com/amp/sigtalk....812-sig-p320-pro-series-has-landed.html?amp=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

snipehunter7

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2016
    Franklinton, LA
    You can get the x grip modules for around $40-$50 new. I just bought one used for $30 shipped. The grip is what makes the biggest difference in my opinion. The size and grip angle is perfect. If you are a LEO check out the professional series. I’m going to order the professional carry in the next couple of days. The pro line doesn’t remove the rear sight when installing an optic and the mounting screws for the plate are up top vs under the slide.

https://www.google.com/amp/sigtalk....812-sig-p320-pro-series-has-landed.html?amp=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks. Didn’t realize the grip modules were interchangeable between the regular and X series.

The 320 RX (with the optic) is about the same price as the X series w/o optic. I know there are other differences, but that’s a big plus especially knowing I can swap the grip module for cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndyG

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 3, 2019
    Lafayette, LA
    Trigger, feel, sights, or just the right combination of everything?

combination of the above. well balanced, flat shooting, exceptional ergonomics, great stock sights and trigger. on Day 1, reached out further and grouped tighter with the 320 xfive (full-size) than my go-to p226 i’ve shot for years.

can’t compare to other racing guns as i haven’t owned/shot any, but i’ve owned and shot quite a few SIGs and this one’s a personal favorite for target shooting

Last edited:

LouisianaJoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Luling, Louisiana
    I recently bought the P320 full size with the built in ROMEO1 sight. I really like it. At 15 yds, I put 17 shots into a little over an inch firing somewhat fast. The dot co witnesses with the sights.

Nuncles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Lafayette, LA
    The 4 main differences are the grip, sights, optics milling and trigger. Depending on the price your looking at for the RX, these can all be changed except for the optics milling. The RX is cut for the Romeo1 while the X Compact is cut for the Delta Point, Romeo Max, and equivalent. I know the RX compact on sale at Cabela's has the Sig night sights. The X Compact will come the Sig XRay sights. The trigger is curved vs straight. That will be a personal preference. I'm not sure if, in the stock configuration, that one is lighter or smoother than the other. The grip is also a personal preference and is the easiest/cheapest to change. Go to the store and feel all aspects of both and see where your preferences are. Also take into consideration as to which optic you want to go with. If you think you will want something other than the romeo 1, then the X series may be more of a contender.

civiltiger07

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 20, 2017
    Brusly
    I don't have any first hand shooting experience with a P320. All I have to offer about the P320 is that the grips feel wierd in my hand. However the P320 X-series is a whole diferent ball game.\

I have been shooting a P320 X5 in Steel Challenge and USPSA matches for 2 years now. This X5 is simply a bas ass pistol! Also, I did pick a X5 Legion and don't get me started on that thing! The X-series grips fit my hand like it was custom formed for me. The trigger, sights, mags, and performance of this gun is second to none as far as production pistols go for me. I also picked up a P320 X-carry this year and all the same comments apply to the X-carry as the X5. I don't have a X-compact yet but I'm likely to pick one of those up as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom