Red flag laws don’t apply to gang members?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RM Holsters

Aware
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    So again this just proves their point, targeting gangs who are mainly killing each other doesn't really mater. Lets target the one who MAY rise up against the government one day and disrupt the flow of power / money coming our way. They also know sending 12 LEO into a gang area, there will be resistance, legal battles from national resources whereas sending the same 12 LEO to suburbia for 1 individual in 1 home should be much easier picking.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    It is not about "gun safety laws", it is about taking the guns from the citizens. They just can't quite come out and say that very often.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Is there a documented case where someone who has been red flagged and went through the process of getting their guns back? So they have to fill out a 4473 for each weapon and pay a transfer fee? Is being red flagged a felony? Will that cause issues in the future buying guns? If someone is that disturbed call the sheriffs office, they call the coroners office and they will put a hold on the person, not the guns. We already have a non-gun confiscation solution. I’ve seen this done first hand in in Jefferson Parish over 20 years ago. The family can remove items if they see fit. Not a gun grab.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Is there a documented case where someone who has been red flagged and went through the process of getting their guns back? So they have to fill out a 4473 for each weapon and pay a transfer fee? Is being red flagged a felony? Will that cause issues in the future buying guns? If someone is that disturbed call the sheriffs office, they call the coroners office and they will put a hold on the person, not the guns. We already have a non-gun confiscation solution. I’ve seen this done first hand in in Jefferson Parish over 20 years ago. The family can remove items if they see fit. Not a gun grab.
    Of course this is the better solution. I did that sort of work for 15 years and there was never any seizure of property. Person was treated as a patient at the point of commitment and was detained in a facility for a minimum of 72 hours but nobody worried about the person’s property. That was left to the family. Never ran into a case where there was no family available so I can’t answer as to how the Sheriff’s office would have handled securing property at that point.
    We don’t need Red Flag laws.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Of course this is the better solution. I did that sort of work for 15 years and there was never any seizure of property. Person was treated as a patient at the point of commitment and was detained in a facility for a minimum of 72 hours but nobody worried about the person’s property. That was left to the family. Never ran into a case where there was no family available so I can’t answer as to how the Sheriff’s office would have handled securing property at that point.
    We don’t need Red Flag laws.
    If a person is red flagged for threatening to set fire to a mall will the man show up and confiscate his gas cans and matches or be treated as disturbed and treated as a patient and given the same treatment as stated above. It’s all about removing guns not saving lives or protecting the innocent.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    If a person is red flagged for threatening to set fire to a mall will the man show up and confiscate his gas cans and matches or be treated as disturbed and treated as a patient and given the same treatment as stated above. It’s all about removing guns not saving lives or protecting the innocent.

Agreed

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom