Join BayouShooter For Free
Pelican

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34
    Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    I feel pretty confident I am far safer than the vast majority of people playing on the internet with little or no knowledge as to how all this crap works.

What I (personally) fear is if computers can learn as they go along (and it appears we reached that threshold 5 years ago (also in the episode)), then they can be turned against us on purpose. Like hacking, and stealing information that really matters like bank accounts, insurance documents, retirement savings, etc. How you ask? Right now, human thieves have limitations to what harm they can cause because they can't get around certain security measures and protocols. Remember, if you didn't know already, over 90% of all data breaches, and successful phishing scams, and money grabs are caused by humans in the loop that have let the scumbags in. Arbitrarily clicking hot links on BS emails, or having useless weak passwords, etc. But aside from that, let's say you are not exposed from a dummy within your midst. AI comes in to the picture and now a computer is learning as it goes on how to find the vulnerabilities that a human scumbag can't. The possibilities are limitless.

The genius of James Cameron in writing Terminator. It is exactly how this is shaping up in the early stages of AI.
    Bug Out Whale is the other direction.

Seriously Misunderstood!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    Bug Out Whale is the other direction.
    Sorry, I'm not getting the references.
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    I don't believe in a supreme deity; but have to believe Trump's win was Divine Intervention!

User Info Menu

My sister sent me an Alexa for Christmas last year, i sent it back. Camera on my laptop I am using now has a piece of electric tape covering it, been there since I got the computer. Siri is turned off on the two iphones and ipads in the house. I don't know if turning off those "assistants" will help but hope so!

Seriously Misunderstood!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jkingrph View Post
    My sister sent me an Alexa for Christmas last year, i sent it back. Camera on my laptop I am using now has a piece of electric tape covering it, been there since I got the computer. Siri is turned off on the two iphones and ipads in the house. I don't know if turning off those "assistants" will help but hope so!
    Good going!

Turn off location services too. At least until you need to use your map or gps. Then turn it off again! Those scumbags are triangulating your movement with it on!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    I don't believe in a supreme deity; but have to believe Trump's win was Divine Intervention!

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

II like that the phone is recording my location. On more than one occasion, I've gone into the Google map timeline to see where I was on a particular day at a particular time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously Misunderstood!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    I’I like that the phone is recording my location. On more than one occasion, I've gone into the Google map timeline to see where I was on a particular day at a particular time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It can be a very useful tool for many things. That is why it is so disappointing that they can't separate a great concept and technological innovation from their incessant parasitism and need for owning us digitally!

Too bad they can never be trusted!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Hey, Emperor even if you try to stay away from the data mining assholes your data is never safe no matter where you go. Check out the below article and yes they operate hospitals here in LA.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...e-already-had/

Seriously Misunderstood!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shrxfn View Post
    Hey, Emperor even if you try to stay away from the data mining assholes your data is never safe no matter where you go. Check out the below article and yes they operate hospitals here in LA.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...e-already-had/
    That is sad!

I am a true blue capitalist, and I have never been for breaking up big companies, but these companies are run by scumbags that couldn't care less about privacy, liberty, or freedom. They are part of the machine! They understand (all too well), that he who controls the data, controls the power over the populous!

I did notice in the article that they fully intend to deploy AI algorithms within this scheme.

Heaven help us!