I Will Stand Against This As Long As I Can! Fair Warning!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I am staunch believer that it is just a matter of time before those still here will be nothing more than a number in a data base; and terminators will soon follow. Seems it is happening a lot sooner than even I imagined.

I implore everyone, particularly all of you older folks, that are not as tech savvy as your kids.; watch this Frontline episode if you haven't last night. You may be inviting and allowing these tech parasites into your home and you don't even realize it. If you do, and think there is no problem, shame on you!

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/in-the-age-of-ai/

It is extremely riveting and downright scary!

This is why do not use Google, Facebook, Twitter, or any of those tech parasites, including smart appliances, digital assistants, etc.

I just hope this site is not selling our info too!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I am staunch believer that it is just a matter of time before those still here will be nothing more than a number in a data base; and terminators will soon follow. Seems it is happening a lot sooner than even I imagined.

I implore everyone, particularly all of you older folks, that are not as tech savvy as your kids.; watch this Frontline episode if you haven't last night. You may be inviting and allowing these tech parasites into your home and you don't even realize it. If you do, and think there is no problem, shame on you!

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/in-the-age-of-ai/

It is extremely riveting and downright scary!

This is why do not use Google, Facebook, Twitter, or any of those tech parasites, including smart appliances, digital assistants, etc.

I just hope this site is not selling our info too!

If anyone wants to buy Emperor's info, hit me up. I'll sell it to the highest bidder :mamoru:

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I try to limit my data siphoning to the absolute minimum.

BTW for home voice and automation, there are quite a few open-source ecosystems that do not siphon your data and don't require the internet to work. No need to go back to the stone age.....

I got 100 hobo dollars for Emp's data Austin. You can send it straight to Zuckerberg for me....

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    If anyone wants to buy Emperor's info, hit me up. I'll sell it to the highest bidder :mamoru:

I try to limit my data siphoning to the absolute minimum.

BTW for home voice and automation, there are quite a few open-source ecosystems that do not siphon your data and don't require the internet to work. No need to go back to the stone age.....

I got 100 hobo dollars for Emp's data Austin. You can send it straight to Zuckerberg for me....

The good news for me is I am not living a pretend life online. You can pretty much read anything I ever posted here and get the little bit of data on me that is out there. As for the important stuff, good luck trying to find that! ;)

The greatest asset I have is reality.

But this expose' is not just a delve into data mining. It is really about the exponential growth of AI in the last 5 years. Some of these guys deeply involved really believe as much as 50% of the US workforce may be unemployed within 15 years!

Check it out! It is unbelievable!

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    As for the important stuff, good luck trying to find that! ;)

Challenge accepted. What do you consider important stuff? I think I've already found quite a bit of public info without trying very hard.

Any of those numbers mean anything to you? They may be parts of larger numbers

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Challenge accepted. What do you consider important stuff? I think I've already found quite a bit of public info without trying very hard.

You can't forget 021 or 18, lol.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

That is child's play! It is too easy to get those. Some of those numbers are from permission slips I have to ask for from regulatory agencies to operate a business. Permission slips from government bureaucrats and regulatory agencies are public information. Tax info, voting info, etc., are others.

Nonetheless, don't think that doesn't upset the hell out of me that I have to kneel at the alter of bureaucratic BS to make a living.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    That is child's play! It is too easy to get those. Some of those numbers are from permission slips I have to ask for from regulatory agencies to operate a business. Permission slips from government bureaucrats and regulatory agencies are public information. Tax info, voting info, etc.

Nonetheless, don't think that doesn't upset the hell out of me that I have to kneel at the alter of bureaucratic BS to make a living.

Taken like a champ, lol. You also just lowered the bidding on my information :(

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You can't forget 021 or 18, lol.

More child's play! If you know me personally, it is even easier to get that info. If you know what my business is, and it is no secret to many here, the website is a good place to start.

I would note, that we stopped updating those on FB, Twitter, etc., a long time ago. My sales director was the last person that updated any of those over a year ago. I haven't touched any of them in 4 or more.

Now let's not get lost in my digital footprint. Check out that episode. You are one who would appreciate it over many anyway. ;)

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    The good news for me is I am not living a pretend life online. You can pretty much read anything I ever posted here and get the little bit of data on me that is out there. As for the important stuff, good luck trying to find that! ;)

The greatest asset I have is reality.

But this expose' is not just a delve into data mining. It is really about the exponential growth of AI in the last 5 years. Some of these guys deeply involved really believe as much as 50% of the US workforce may be unemployed within 15 years!

Check it out! It is unbelievable!
    Sounds like you’d be better off if you were living a pretend life online...
    Or maybe just don’t live so much online.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Does 8675309 mean anything?

Yes, but this is the number I was all in for when that number came out! :rockon:
    iu

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    So you saw the episode and this is what you concluded from it, or are you an expert on AI and already know everything coming down the pike, or is this off hand humor?

Serious questions.

Far from an expert, but knowledgeable enough about information sharing and data collection to know that you can't win. You can choose to purchase copious amounts of Reynold's Wrap and live underground or play the game like everyone else.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Far from an expert, but knowledgeable enough about information sharing and data collection to know that you can't win. You can choose to purchase copious amounts of Reynold's Wrap and live underground or play the game like everyone else.

Your not reading the thread thoroughly enough. The Frontline piece is actually about AI and the pitfalls of it. They didn't just toss it out there and expect the viewer to take their word for it. The wizards behind the AI curtain are the ones themselves warning; right now, with the promise will come the pain! And, lot's of it. The data mining part was the pre-curser to these tech companies wanting even more control over their so-called customers/users.

My thread title says it, "I will hold out as long as I can!" I will not follow everyone down the social sewer! When the day comes that so many lemmings are using these services that the avenues I use are limited or gone, I will search for something else. I will NEVER voluntarily let these parasites in my world.

I also stated, I hoped this site wasn't compromised and selling to third party scumbag advertisers. because, that would be a shame. But again, here on BS is all I have out there. It's pretty straightforward; I am a pro-second Amendment believer, a staunch fiscal conservative, an Independent voter who hates all politicians, an educator where my wisdom and experiences can help others, and a person that speaks his mind whether it hurts feelings or not! ;)

You should watch the piece.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom