I Want a New OTF Assisted Knife. What Sayeth Ye All?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Interesting, I signed up for grindworx account and opted in for text messages. The text message comes from BladeHQ. Didn't realize they were the same company. I've always liked BladeHQ.

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    Blade HQ has been my go to knife store for a long time. Great Customer Service. I've sent a few back that I wasn't pleased, for one reason or another, with with no problem.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    Keep us posted on how your order goes......

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    First of all, I'm not a knife guy. I got it in today. I paid $29 with shipping and the knife feels like that's an appropriate price. The blade feels light. It's not a knife I'd carry into battle but it seems like it would make a decent utility knife. I also put the knife against a piece of cardboard to see the strength of the spring.

IMG_0928.jpg IMG_0929.jpg IMG_0930.jpg IMG_0931.jpg

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    First of all, I'm not a knife guy. I got it in today. I paid $29 with shipping and the knife feels like that's an appropriate price. The blade feels light. It's not a knife I'd carry into battle but it seems like it would make a decent utility knife. I also put the knife against a piece of cardboard to see the strength of the spring.

View attachment 90786 View attachment 90787 View attachment 90788 View attachment 90789
    Sounds like exactly what the OP was asking for.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I use single use credit cards from privacy.com when making a purchase on smaller unknown websites. (Note, the link is a referral link but you can go straight to privacy.com if you are curious and would rather not give me credit.) I just got a notification from privacy letting me know Lightning OTF just processed the payment. I requested an RMA but I reckon it'll take 2-3 weeks before they even look at it.

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    Used mine about a half a dozen times yesterday. Had to cut and haul some plywood to a widow lady friend. Sharpened my pencil to mark for cuts, cut rope and twine and cut cloth strips for flagging. Easy out, easy in. Basically just"utility".

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I use single use credit cards from privacy.com when making a purchase on smaller unknown websites. (Note, the link is a referral link but you can go straight to privacy.com if you are curious and would rather not give me credit.) I just got a notification from privacy letting me know Lightning OTF just processed the payment. I requested an RMA but I reckon it'll take 2-3 weeks before they even look at it.

What date did you order? I ordered on 13NOV and haven't been charged. The notes on the order say "Manual Authorization", not sure what that means.

ShootinDownSouth

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 3, 2018
    Baton Rougw
    Microtech has their Ultratech series which is an excellent blade for the money (it’s an older model but it’s the standard for OTF knives). I’ve been carrying on for about 2 years now with my edc and it’s been exceptional. Can’t say enough about it. It was a gateway knife which led me to the combat troodon and the cypher series. My Ultratech is a double edged/ stonewash blade and features a flat black aluminum handle. I believe it retails for about $280. These things are virtually indestructible and are backed by an incredible warranty. No issues. Great company.
    7ce8eaa37ae9c92b6b304af8cd2c7436.jpg

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Microtech has their Ultratech series which is an excellent blade for the money (it’s an older model but it’s the standard for OTF knives). I’ve been carrying on for about 2 years now with my edc and it’s been exceptional. Can’t say enough about it. It was a gateway knife which led me to the combat troodon and the cypher series. My Ultratech is a double edged/ stonewash blade and features a flat black aluminum handle. I believe it retails for about $280. These things are virtually indestructible and are backed by an incredible warranty. No issues. Great company.
    7ce8eaa37ae9c92b6b304af8cd2c7436.jpg

Agreed. I have a few. Problem is, if I'm going to carry it, I have to have 2. 1 to keep pristine and one to carry (it's a sickness). I don't mind beating up a $30 knockoff that works well! :D

ShootinDownSouth

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 3, 2018
    Baton Rougw
    Agreed. I have a few. Problem is, if I'm going to carry it, I have to have 2. 1 to keep pristine and one to carry (it's a sickness). I don't mind beating up a $30 knockoff that works well! :D

Yea, the sickness is real. I’m about to order my second Combat troodon!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Looks like Lightning charged my card as K4W DISTRIBUTION LLC. They have several companies they operate under, apparently... Hopefully it will actually get here. If anyone wants an orange OTF, I may want to sell, since I bought 2 others, thinking Lightning direct was a dead end. It's been a month since I placed the order, which seems like the same time frame it took for thpreez1972 to get his card charged.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Looks like Lightning charged my card as K4W DISTRIBUTION LLC. They have several companies they operate under, apparently... Hopefully it will actually get here. If anyone wants an orange OTF, I may want to sell, since I bought 2 others, thinking Lightning direct was a dead end. It's been a month since I placed the order, which seems like the same time frame it took for thpreez1972 to get his card charged.

I requested an RMA either that or the next day after my card was charged. Based on their response time so far, I expect to hear something by February.

Freek589

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 15, 2019
    Denham springs
    Just put an order in today....I didn’t make it all the way to the end of this thread to see the extremely long shipping times from LightningOTF. Now the waiting begins.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom