Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 78
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    I use single use credit cards from privacy.com when making a purchase on smaller unknown websites. (Note, the link is a referral link but you can go straight to privacy.com if you are curious and would rather not give me credit.) I just got a notification from privacy letting me know Lightning OTF just processed the payment. I requested an RMA but I reckon it'll take 2-3 weeks before they even look at it.
    What date did you order? I ordered on 13NOV and haven't been charged. The notes on the order say "Manual Authorization", not sure what that means.

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by krotsman View Post
    What date did you order? I ordered on 13NOV and haven't been charged. The notes on the order say "Manual Authorization", not sure what that means.
    07NOV

Marksman

User Info Menu

Microtech has their Ultratech series which is an excellent blade for the money (itís an older model but itís the standard for OTF knives). Iíve been carrying on for about 2 years now with my edc and itís been exceptional. Canít say enough about it. It was a gateway knife which led me to the combat troodon and the cypher series. My Ultratech is a double edged/ stonewash blade and features a flat black aluminum handle. I believe it retails for about $280. These things are virtually indestructible and are backed by an incredible warranty. No issues. Great company.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShootinDownSouth View Post
    Microtech has their Ultratech series which is an excellent blade for the money (it’s an older model but it’s the standard for OTF knives). I’ve been carrying on for about 2 years now with my edc and it’s been exceptional. Can’t say enough about it. It was a gateway knife which led me to the combat troodon and the cypher series. My Ultratech is a double edged/ stonewash blade and features a flat black aluminum handle. I believe it retails for about $280. These things are virtually indestructible and are backed by an incredible warranty. No issues. Great company.
    Agreed. I have a few. Problem is, if I'm going to carry it, I have to have 2. 1 to keep pristine and one to carry (it's a sickness). I don't mind beating up a $30 knockoff that works well!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Agreed. I have a few. Problem is, if I'm going to carry it, I have to have 2. 1 to keep pristine and one to carry (it's a sickness). I don't mind beating up a $30 knockoff that works well!
    Yea, the sickness is real. Iím about to order my second Combat troodon!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marksman

User Info Menu

Ordered Monday, shipped Tuesday
    Received today (Saturday) Grindworx clearly follows BladeHQs standards!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Looks like Lightning charged my card as K4W DISTRIBUTION LLC. They have several companies they operate under, apparently... Hopefully it will actually get here. If anyone wants an orange OTF, I may want to sell, since I bought 2 others, thinking Lightning direct was a dead end. It's been a month since I placed the order, which seems like the same time frame it took for thpreez1972 to get his card charged.
    Last edited by krotsman; Yesterday at 06:55 PM.

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Looks like Lightning charged my card as K4W DISTRIBUTION LLC. They have several companies they operate under, apparently... Hopefully it will actually get here. If anyone wants an orange OTF, I may want to sell, since I bought 2 others, thinking Lightning direct was a dead end. It's been a month since I placed the order, which seems like the same time frame it took for thpreez1972 to get his card charged.
    I requested an RMA either that or the next day after my card was charged. Based on their response time so far, I expect to hear something by February.