Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

After scanning over LDWF Hunting regulations I'd like to amend my statement on post #4

It now seems you need a muzzle loader for muzzle loading season like a 45/70 crack barrel

You can use an 22 fully semi-automatic rifle suppressed w/100rd drum to kill 2 coons.

You can shoot wild ass hogs with a 22 caliber or better,suppressed...at night, But only on certain months of the year....You'll need something fully semi-automatic....

Equipped with night vision.So that's what 3 more guns you are forced to buy per government regulations?

You'll probably need drum magazines for all these as well beings we have a lot of hogs out there....

What else am I missing as far as Government mandated firearms to legible hunt this state?

Don't get me started on shotguns btw!!!
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 340six View Post
    All ya need is a shotgun. Just ask Uncle Joe.
    Buy a,Shotgun he even has a great song about it.
    All kidding aside. I have every thing I will ever need but do have a list of crazy stuff.
    A nice Scoped 50 BMG,
    500 S&W 14 .5 inch so big it comes with a,sling.
    9mm Nice Rifle
    686 Performace Center I saw looking at the performance center 500
    10 tons of lead and a master caster
    Rebarrel the K 98 and refinish. I have 2 molds and dies waiting for it. Almost have enough projects to last till I am a,150 years old. Even have a 1970 Dodge Challenger Vert.
    I like working in things as well as having finished stuff and guns.
    I will stop when I die.
    And as many 3rd gen S&W I can get.
    I would like to have a Barrett 82/107 one day.
    Sara mo ki kara ochiru

On Target

User Info Menu

My grandma used to say “idle hands are the devil’s playground, and the devil’s name is Alzheimer’s”.

My stepdad, who came up building vettes into grudge cars, used to say “if some is better than none, then too much is almost enough”.

This is Murica. Pursuit of happiness and whatnot. If another toy you may or may not “need” makes you happy, then figure out how to make it happen. I’m kinda the car guy in my circle of friends; people ask me about this car vs that car type stuff, especially if they’re shopping. I always ask them which one they drive somewhere, park it, and turn around five steps later to admire it while thinking “damn, that’s a nice car”... because that’s the one they should get.

Life’s too short to drive (or shoot, or carry) something boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Etienne View Post
    I'm a guy of modest means and I'm also 62 years old. Over the years I've limited myself (almost always) on guns I could afford at the time.
    Now I am closing in on retirement and I'm limiting myself only to what I can sell in order to buy what I want.
    I have, except for a nice Python, everything I wanted to satisfy my needs, but guns are like cocaine it seems. There is never enough.
    I've currently got an incurable itch for both a nice S&W Model 39 or 13. Damn it's tough.
    I can't be the only one struggling with addiction. I hate making promises to my wife.
    To quote Randy Newman "I should be happy, but I'm not"
    I have a 39-2 blue about 98-99% with box and 3 mags i might sell

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Abear View Post
    I have a 39-2 blue about 98-99% with box and 3 mags I might sell
    Danny those are Great Looking too! Made back when S&W put a nice Blue Job on them.
    Same size 4" Barrel and singe stack Magazine as my wife's 3913 and weight. Great Guns.

Not Banned!!!

User Info Menu

If I need something I buy it. Most needs I have revolve around tools that will help me make money or make my life better.

As far as gun collecting goes, you will do well if you never want or need any, just pick them up when they are priced right. I have a few that I just "had to have" and I may have paid more than I should. Oh well. My wife paid way too much for all of the crap in her closet.

Keep in mind that gun collecting is one of the few hobbies that can actually pay you back. And the buy in price is usually low enough for scum like us. I would prefer to be a Ferrari collector, those sell well, but I am still saving for the 1st one...

I have picked up guns just because they are weird. Never plan to shoot them, only have them because they are oddballs.
    "These Rocky Mountains aren't very rocky. Yeah, that John Denver is full of SH**!"