Ammo magazine life

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rocko68

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 27, 2019
    New Orleans, La
    So guys and gals, share with me some thoughts on how long do y'all keep the personal protection ammo(high dollar, hollow points, Sig's...) in your magazines before you might start feeling like they are old or maybe not dependable?
    I'll cycle them out of the mags when I go to the range, then back into the maga when I'm done. I ask because I have never had a failed to fire experience with my 40cal pistol except for 2 of the 4 rounds(Hornady) a buddy gave me that he had in his vehicle console from when he had a 40cal. His best guess on the ammo was that the rounds were in the console for about 8 months.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I rotate carry ammo out every six months or so, just because I'll inevitably shoot it. So long as it stays out of a humid environment, it will last. I also keep carry magazines separate from range/training magazines. I ensure they function properly, but store them separately from my other mags.

Buy defensive ammunition from a reputable manufacturer and you shouldn't have issues. Just know what to do if you do have issues.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    So guys and gals, share with me some thoughts on how long do y'all keep the personal protection ammo(high dollar, hollow points, Sig's...) in your magazines before you might start feeling like they are old or maybe not dependable?
    I'll cycle them out of the mags when I go to the range, then back into the maga when I'm done. I ask because I have never had a failed to fire experience with my 40cal pistol except for 2 of the 4 rounds(Hornady) a buddy gave me that he had in his vehicle console from when he had a 40cal. His best guess on the ammo was that the rounds were in the console for about 8 months.

That would be 8 hot months in the console.
    Shoot it, Buy some more!

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I would shoot it and move on. It is cheap insurance and is there to save your life if need be.
    I do have Suplus WW2, Korean etc. Ammo that has all worked 100% but would not trust it in self-defense

Top Bottom