WTB: Locks, padlocks, door locks, and etc

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I recently decided that I'd teach myself to pick locks (for fun, like a puzzle) and have since ran out of locks to pick. If anyone near BR has locks that they don't want, I'd be willing to take them off your hands.

I'm not looking to spend a bunch on this, but let me know what you're looking for if you have any. Not having a key is perfectly fine.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Bump! Anyone have old locks (with or without keys) that you don't have a use for?

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    Don't have any old locks but just wanted to share that I have been picking locks since I was 12. Learned from the tv series It Takes A Thief. Made my own tension tool and picks till about 4 years ago when I bought a lock pick set, and a quick pick. Years ago I had the tool to pick Ace locks, still practice my skills every once in a while. Keep lock pick set in my vehicle. Glad to see someone else fascinated with lock picking. I also follow a couple of guys on Youtube.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Don't have any old locks but just wanted to share that I have been picking locks since I was 12. Learned from the tv series It Takes A Thief. Made my own tension tool and picks till about 4 years ago when I bought a lock pick set, and a quick pick. Years ago I had the tool to pick Ace locks, still practice my skills every once in a while. Keep lock pick set in my vehicle. Glad to see someone else fascinated with lock picking. I also follow a couple of guys on Youtube.

Solid! Yeah, I have always seen spies and characters in books effortlessly pick locks. A year or so ago I stumbled upon videos from LockpickingLawyer and the Modern Rogue and figured I might as well buy a cheap ($10 set) off of eBay and give it a shot. It turns out that it is actually that easy.

At this point I'm treating it more like a way to kill time and like slightly challenging puzzles, but I have run out of locks to pick. I figure that a few people on here have extra locks laying around that they simply don't use.

As for sets, I just ordered "The Ranger" set by Sparrow's. It's got a bit more focus on rakes than single pin picking, but you can definitely still do that.

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    Amazon has some transparent locks to practice on. Are some of the pic sets better than others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Amazon has some transparent locks to practice on. Are some of the pic sets better than others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, the cheap pick sets that typically come with the clear locks kinda suck.

I've got two clear locks and the cheap China locks. I just ordered the Sparrow Ranger set, which is a bit heavy on rakes, but comes with a few picks too.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Once your up and running, Find a SARGENT & GREENLEAF 951C, they say they are incredibly difficult to pick.

Those are for folks with highly advanced skills.
    I’ve been into locksports for over 20 years and wouldn’t feel confident to even attempt one.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Those are for folks with highly advanced skills.
    I’ve been into locksports for over 20 years and wouldn’t feel confident to even attempt one.

Have followed TOOOL for a long time.
    Even attended a few meetings when traveling.

https://toool.us/meetings.html

There’s no current Louisiana chapter but one could always be formed...
    I’d join but don’t have the time to devote to starting one.

Food for thought.

Yeah, at this point it's only a very, very, very part-time hobby. I'm talking a few minutes every few days.

I've been using a cheap set of picks from eBay with terrible handles and flimsy materials. Once my Sparrow picks come in, I imagine I'll progress a bit faster. Also, all I have to work on right now are some clear locks, a few MasterLocks, and a random Ruger lock that I found laying around.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Anyone home, bored, and overwhelmed by all of the locks laying around? Send em my way!!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    The more the merrier guys! Clean out them sheds! Appease your wives. Get rid of old junk.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom