Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    -Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Locks, padlocks, door locks, and etc

I recently decided that I'd teach myself to pick locks (for fun, like a puzzle) and have since ran out of locks to pick. If anyone near BR has locks that they don't want, I'd be willing to take them off your hands.

I'm not looking to spend a bunch on this, but let me know what you're looking for if you have any. Not having a key is perfectly fine.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Buy/Sell:
    In search of used locks (padlocks, doors, etc). Click here for info

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Bump! Still looking for old, unused locks
    -- Austin

--Michael Jordan

Buy/Sell:

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Bump! Anyone have old locks (with or without keys) that you don't have a use for?
    -- Austin

--Michael Jordan

Buy/Sell:

Guns are my crack!!

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Don't have any old locks but just wanted to share that I have been picking locks since I was 12. Learned from the tv series It Takes A Thief. Made my own tension tool and picks till about 4 years ago when I bought a lock pick set, and a quick pick. Years ago I had the tool to pick Ace locks, still practice my skills every once in a while. Keep lock pick set in my vehicle. Glad to see someone else fascinated with lock picking. I also follow a couple of guys on Youtube.
    When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

I carry a gun because I'm too old for an ass whoopin', and too young to die!

USPSA # A55195
    NRA # 138603535

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

I have a few if you're ever in the Kenner area.
    Formerly known as "Stephen WhoDat"
    God Bless Our Troops!

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilante Sniper View Post
    Don't have any old locks but just wanted to share that I have been picking locks since I was 12. Learned from the tv series It Takes A Thief. Made my own tension tool and picks till about 4 years ago when I bought a lock pick set, and a quick pick. Years ago I had the tool to pick Ace locks, still practice my skills every once in a while. Keep lock pick set in my vehicle. Glad to see someone else fascinated with lock picking. I also follow a couple of guys on Youtube.
    Solid! Yeah, I have always seen spies and characters in books effortlessly pick locks. A year or so ago I stumbled upon videos from LockpickingLawyer and the Modern Rogue and figured I might as well buy a cheap ($10 set) off of eBay and give it a shot. It turns out that it is actually that easy.

At this point I'm treating it more like a way to kill time and like slightly challenging puzzles, but I have run out of locks to pick. I figure that a few people on here have extra locks laying around that they simply don't use.

As for sets, I just ordered "The Ranger" set by Sparrow's. It's got a bit more focus on rakes than single pin picking, but you can definitely still do that.
    -- Austin

--Michael Jordan

Buy/Sell:

Marksman

User Info Menu

I think I have a few laying around you can have.
    ​"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."

Bayou Photo Shooter

User Info Menu

I have the same hobby and have some things you might be interested in.. sending you a PM.
    IATSE Local 600 Camera Operator

Marksman

User Info Menu

Amazon has some transparent locks to practice on. Are some of the pic sets better than others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk