Pistol Suppressor ponderings

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LaBelle

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Near Natchitoches
    So, at the moment I'm good on .22 (3), .30 (2) & 556 (1) cans, looking toward pistol cans now.

I plan on eventually getting a pair in .45, because every time previously I got a suppressor, the husband decided HE wanted to use it. At the SAME TIME when I was playing. So a pair it needs to be! (Come on BLACK FRIDAY - Cyber Monday - Trump 2020 sales!) :x:

I will be using with sub-calibers as well (.40, 9, 38/357, 300 BLK subs). My research so far has led me to consider the Rugged Obsidian 45 and AAC Ti-rant 45M.

If anyone has either of these - what is your experience with them, pros/cons, etc. I already have Silencerco & AAC rifle cans, but no firsthand experience with any centerfire pistol cans of any make.

Does anyone have one or both of these, live in Central LA near Natchitoches, and would be willing to meet & let me get a little trigger time?

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I don't have experience with the Rugged or AAC but do have a SiCo Octane45 that I use on my 9mm and 45 hosts including my AR9. All I can say is go for it.

Love shooting 147gr 9mm through the can and hearing the bolt and spring instead of the crack of the bullet.

Armbruster Armory

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Lafayette
    If you get down to Lafayette, would be happy to let you try my demo Rugged Obsidian 45 at the local indoor range.

I love the modularity of the Rugged cans and being able to pick the weight and length that is right for the gun, round, and situation.

George @ Armbruster Armory, LLC

Last edited:

Tiollib

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 28, 2013
    Thibodaux
    Rugged Obsidian or Dead Air Ghost. Both are modular and great cans.

LaBelle

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Near Natchitoches
    I thought about the Octane (not the K), but I thought it had been discontinued.

Since I'm looking at getting a pair, the Dead Airs are nice, but would totally exceed my budget. Even without the extra pistons. :wtc:

If you get down to Lafayette, would be happy to let you try my demo Rugged Obsidian 45 at the local indoor range.

I love the modularity of the Rugged cans and being able to pick the weight and length that is right for the gun, round, and situation.

George @ Armbruster Armory, LLC

I'd love to! Just not sure if I can get down that way this year, too much family travel planned. Perhaps after all the holiday hoopla has wound down.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I thought about the Octane (not the K), but I thought it had been discontinued.

Since I'm looking at getting a pair, the Dead Airs are nice, but would totally exceed my budget. Even without the extra pistons. :wtc:

I'd love to! Just not sure if I can get down that way this year, too much family travel planned. Perhaps after all the holiday hoopla has wound down.

If you own more than one Dead Air can, they send you free stuff as a way of saying thanks.

https://deadairsilencers.com/asylum/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom