Weird Question - Red Creek Mining, Inc in Prairieville, LA?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • velociraptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Greater New Orleans Area
    Long time lurker here.
    An out of state friend asked me about applying for a job with this group that claims to hire through Prairieville, LA for a gold mining job in Alaska. They have a PO box as the mail stop for resumes.

Edited to add: (Redacted URL after more research indicates a problem and I do not want to send more traffic to these folks)

It sure seems like one of those "too good to be true stories". Send them $388 for work permit fees and get a job in Ak that pays 6 figures.

I hate to publish the site (site redacted) but I put link above anyway. Caveat emptor if you go to it.

I was just wondering if anyone in the Prairieville area knows anyone associated with this group?

Thanks in advance.

Their mailing address:

Mailing Address:
    Redacted
    PO BOX #xxx(redacted)
    Prairieville, LA 70769

Last edited:

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I checked out the website really quick and if you scroll down it says it is less a company with owners and employees and more of a club with all members paying for everything to run the business and if they make profits they are shared to all members equally supposedly. So if they don't mine enough gold to make a profit then your friend would lose money on the deal.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Well it looks like someone sniffed it out already but any employer who ask you for money before the pay you, should always be a red flag.

Now if they front you money and expect it back later that sounds right.

Last edited:

velociraptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Greater New Orleans Area
    More research indicated that the claimed registration in AK & Yukon does not exist.

It appears to be sketchy -- caveat emptor.

Last edited:

JTKinter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2019
    Williamsburg VA
    Ok. So, I found the same ad listing on Craigslist last week for this mining operation with Red creek Mining in Yukon. It clearly seemed too good to be true, like the Nigerian prince in 2008 who tried to give me 2 million bucks if I paid him xx dollars. But, just in case, I responded with a well detailed essay about why I would be qualified. I also completed their application and sent these documents to RCM llc. A few days later I received an "offer letter" congratulating me on being accepted as a member. Great! But I am cautiously skeptical about the work permit bit. I've traveled the world many times for work and pleasure. Never have I been able to obtain a permit BEFORE I get my passport to them. Hell, I've never been offered a job or membership without a single meet or even a phone call. I can understand them not fronting the money to "members" for the permit, because there's no guarantee that I'd even show up, then they'd be out $400. An outside sponsor or agency is pretty normal for handling visas and permits. But they always require the passport be mailed with payment and documents as well. Just simply sending $400 to Tamarak Resources LLC kinda seems like a scam.

If I were a dishonest person and wanted to scam someone, i'd put a CL ad in most major areas of the country, set up a shell website and pay $35 for a quick LLC to cash checks. Then, I'd send offer letters to every shmuck that replied to my ads. You gotta figure hundreds of guys replied just like I did. If only 10% of 500 applicants responded with payment for a permit, that would be roughly $20.000 of crooked profit. Not bad for a week's worth of keyboard work.

In my heart I want this opportunity to be real. The website looks legit, google maps legit, etc. I just don't know. Wouldn't they have phone numbers? Wouldn't someone want to talk over the phone? I sent an email to Mike Mackenzie, this is who the offer letter was sent by. In their letter they sound eager to answer questions. So, I asked a few, hoping it wouldn't sound disrespectful or overly skeptical. The last thing I want is to ruin my chances, in the slim chance it is legit. We'll see if I get a reply. I found this forum by searching online "Red Creek Mining Scam". It brought me to your post. Would love to hear other's opinions. Thanks everyone!

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Thinking I may of seen something like this on a one time show on maybe A&E?

These people ended up in shanty shacks on a beach and your were assigned a small section to mine like a Hippy Gold commune type of setting.

Pretty much all of them only made a few bucks a day panning sand and very little returns.

Let the buyer beware.

Willrose

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2019
    Texas
    I also got the acceptance letter

I received the letter at 1:09 pm and I'm really glad you posted this as I am concerned but optimistic. I want it to be true because that's an insane amount of money. But I have a similar background travelling for work and this just seems odd. I have evaded many scams and I like to think I can see a scam miles away. But this one's got me stumped. I've sent an email to Tamarack Gold LLC. Who RedCreek claims to be their sponsor. Tamarack holds up as an actual company that sponsers mining operations. But I will try to update this thread with any new findings. It seems like we are in the same boat. So let's help eachother out and not get scammed. Hopefully we will strike gold instead.

- - - Updated - - -

I received the letter at 1:09 pm and I'm really glad you posted this as I am concerned but optimistic. I want it to be true because that's an insane amount of money. But I have a similar background travelling for work and this just seems odd. I have evaded many scams and I like to think I can see a scam miles away. But this one's got me stumped. I've sent an email to Tamarack Gold LLC. Who RedCreek claims to be their sponsor. Tamarack holds up as an actual company that sponsers mining operations. But I will try to update this thread with any new findings. It seems like we are in the same boat.

Willrose

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2019
    Texas
    I received the letter at 1:09 pm and I'm really glad you posted this as I am concerned but optimistic. I want it to be true because that's an insane amount of money. But I have a similar background travelling for work and this just seems odd. I have evaded many scams and I like to think I can see a scam miles away. But this one's got me stumped. I've sent an email to Tamarack Gold LLC. Who RedCreek claims to be their sponsor. Tamarack holds up as an actual company that sponsers mining operations. But I will try to update this thread with any new findings. It seems like we are in the same boat.

JTKinter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2019
    Williamsburg VA
    Hello Willrose. I'm with you

Thanks for the info on Tamarack. I'm still digging, excuse the pun. Yesterday I sent an email to the gentleman that sent my acceptance letter. I tried my very best to express my concerns without offending, in the hopes it wouldn't disqualify me if it "pans" out. Damn, its just too easy! Sorry.

To this point I've not heard anything back yet. Maybe I shot myself in the foot? Nah, it was a very professional and sincere email. Here's how I look at it... If I don't hear back I can assume this is a sham operation. If it is, wouldn't the mailing address be outside the US to protect whoever the scammer is? Imagine you sent money and never heard anything. The mail would be delivered to that PO Box and very easily monitored by concerned individuals like us. Would be quite easy to notify local or state authorities. They would have to investigate and it would be easy for them to track down and question the owner of said PO Box. If I wanted to take money from people this way, I'm sure it wouldn't be long before I got caught "checking the mail", no?

I just don't know. Some of it screams of legitimacy, and some screams RUN! I'll give it another day or two before deciding if its worth a $400 risk. Hell, I've lost more than that on small gambles many times. best of luck. Let us know if you find anything else out, please. Thanks!

JTKinter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2019
    Williamsburg VA
    Thinking I may of seen something like this on a one time show on maybe A&E?

These people ended up in shanty shacks on a beach and your were assigned a small section to mine like a Hippy Gold commune type of setting.

Pretty much all of them only made a few bucks a day panning sand and very little returns.

Let the buyer beware.

Thanks for the input! I think this operation is a bit bigger than the type you are describing. But I could be wrong. It sounds to me this RCM deal is a little bigger scale with much heavier equipment. But honestly, I don't care about the conditions for living so much. Hard work is hard work. And its going to be dirty no matter what. Based on the last six years of earnings per individual involved with RCM, it seems like a ton of money. But, could be too good to be true. And who's to say they aren't inflating the numbers to attract new members? Either way, earning north of six figures in 4 months is great, no matter the type of work. I'd clean the outside of a 747 while in flight for a quarter mill! lol. But seriously, if this is legit, I don't care about living conditions, work conditions, etc. Its worth 4 months of my time for the opportunity to earn some serious cash. If I bust, I bust.No risk, no reward right?

Willrose

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2019
    Texas
    I get you completely. And if anything I'm a Private Detective in Texas. I can check out the P.O. Box location and ask some questions. I'll keep this thread posted.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Thanks for the input! I think this operation is a bit bigger than the type you are describing. But I could be wrong. It sounds to me this RCM deal is a little bigger scale with much heavier equipment. But honestly, I don't care about the conditions for living so much. Hard work is hard work. And its going to be dirty no matter what. Based on the last six years of earnings per individual involved with RCM, it seems like a ton of money. But, could be too good to be true. And who's to say they aren't inflating the numbers to attract new members? Either way, earning north of six figures in 4 months is great, no matter the type of work. I'd clean the outside of a 747 while in flight for a quarter mill! lol. But seriously, if this is legit, I don't care about living conditions, work conditions, etc. Its worth 4 months of my time for the opportunity to earn some serious cash. If I bust, I bust.No risk, no reward right?

Well,There you go!!! Summers just around the corner,Give us a report when you return!!!

JTKinter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2019
    Williamsburg VA
    Well, bad news friends. I wrote that email to the person who hires several days ago. Still haven't heard anything back. I must assume at this point that they are not a serious operation and are most likely scamming. My previous emails were answered immediately, as they were hoping to receive money perhaps. But the moment I started asking questions.... ghosted. I'm wondering how many checks are headed for that PO Box.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Well, bad news friends. I wrote that email to the person who hires several days ago. Still haven't heard anything back. I must assume at this point that they are not a serious operation and are most likely scamming. My previous emails were answered immediately, as they were hoping to receive money perhaps. But the moment I started asking questions.... ghosted. I'm wondering how many checks are headed for that PO Box.

You could always mail them a glitter or flour bomb. The only downside is you won’t get to see the dirtbags covered in glitter or flour.

Top Bottom