Who's Prepping for Tomorrow and What cha' Fixin' ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA

Been up since early so got started prepping for tomorrow and now it's time for a cocktail.

49133129081_e9496aae5e_b.jpg

Last edited:

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA

Well, so far you sound the Master baster! Lol......... Who's Prepping for Tomorrow and What cha' Fixin' ?
    ting
    Me, I'm marinating in scotch right now!
    Got the cranberry sauce sauce made, turkey gravy is made and i'm getting ready to put the cornbread dressing together. I'll be making a pecan pie later and the turkey is air drying in the outside(patio shed)fridge awaiting being injected after an overnight brining. Tha will be injected and go into the oven late tonight for a low and slow overnight roasting.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Well, so far you sound the Master baster! Lol......... Who's Prepping for Tomorrow and What cha' Fixin' ?
    ting
    Me, I'm marinating in scotch right now!
    Got the cranberry sauce sauce made, turkey gravy is made and i'm getting ready to put the cornbread dressing together. I'll be making a pecan pie later and the turkey is air drying in the outside(patio shed)fridge awaiting being injected after an overnight brining. Tha will be injected and go into the oven late tonight for a low and slow overnight roasting.

You got me :rofl:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I had 2 Turkey's left in the freezer so pulled a 16.6 out Monday and floated it. It is waiting in the fridge for the morning.
    I have 9 pounds of Yam's for Yam Souffle Cooked already. So I can make it quick. They had cauliflower so steamed and will add cheese sauce. And green bean casserole
    Made some bread today.
    Note} I did take advantage of the sales. I grabbed 1 Turkey at $0.39 a Pound if ya spent $30.00 My wife did the same. We grabbed a few things on sale to get above the $30.00 and a Sale Ham got me there. As we had already done the months shopping there. My wife did the same. So we have ham for Christmass} Plus an Extra and 3 Turkeys. One for Christmas in July and the other 2 for whenever

Beau Etienne

Take a Card. Any Card.
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    Seasoned and injected the Turkey and I am now enjoying some Basil Hayden's, neat. I think a good Drew Estate will be included in about 5 minutes.

Last edited:

Beau Etienne

Take a Card. Any Card.
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    I love Basil Hayden! I meant to grab a bottle at Costco the other day.

Laughing to myself. The wrapper is so distinctive that I tear all the fancy stuff off rather that take the chance my wife will complain about it. No unnecessary risk taking here. :D

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Oh dang, for a second there I thought SHTF must be tomorrow and kinda panicked. Turkey day I got covered. Fat, creole butter injected turkey hen will go in the smoker before daylight, I will go back to bed and the wife will handle the rest. I’m ready...
    I’m more worried about setting the DVR.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I have the Turkey ready to go. And made the 2 sides Green Bean Cheesy Casserole and the Yam Souffle

Attachments

• 20191127_165849.jpg
      20191127_165849.jpg
      222 KB · Views: 70
    Last edited:

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Heck! I woke up about 4:00 this morning and can't go back to sleep. I'll piddle here a bit and then start getting things going for round 2 of cooking for today.
    I put my turkey in the oven about 10:30 last night for a slow overnight roasting at 225 degrees. Started it at 500° for 20 minutes then reduced oven to 225°. 22 lb bird so it'll be done about mid+ morning. Meanwhile it makes the whole house smell awesome! I do have a small ham that'll go in the Keg later.

Magpie

Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Aug 1, 2007
    Gonzales
    Oh dang, for a second there I thought SHTF must be tomorrow and kinda panicked. Turkey day I got covered. Fat, creole butter injected turkey hen will go in the smoker before daylight, I will go back to bed and the wife will handle the rest. I’m ready...
    I’m more worried about setting the DVR.

So It wasn't just me then
    411bc261a53a7087264068c4aa80c0fa.jpg

Saw this on the magazine track at CVS one day.
    Happy Thanksgiving

Last edited:

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    Damn you sound like a pro. Never had cornbread stuffing always wanted to try it. Love pecan pie haven’t had it in years. My aunt our pecans on her pumpkin pie this year. I got all excited and tore into a slice and the mushy pumpkin ruined it. My mom’s second husband mom used to make the best pecan pie she was from Virginia. Her father was the Commander of Africa Command in the Corps back in the day, she really knows how to cook with her southern roots and world travels. The only food I prepared in my military days was an MRE so I appreciate preparing a holiday meal even though my creativity is lacking these days. I have to find inspiration from others. The only original holiday dishes I was taught are mincemeat pie, Indian pudding, and Maine style Barnicks (cornbread made with added molasses). I tried to stuff a bird with barnicks one year and it was too dry so I tossed it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom