Thanksgiving Day Sandwich

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA

Have you had your Thanksgiving Day sandwich?
    I prefer to call it the Day After Thanksgiving Sandwich or After Thanksgiving Day Sandwich because it's something I've done with leftovers for like 38 years now. It became a tradition to enjoy this sandwich the evening of Thanksgiving Day while watching either A Christmas Story or It's a Wonderful Life.

It consists of a good sliced bread lightly buttered and griddled although nowadays people think of it as Parkway's French bread version and yes I've had it on French bread but there's something about lightly toasted or as I was saying griddled thick sliced bread, cornbread dressing, fresh cracked black pepper, sliced turkey breast or the dark meat works very well too, warm gravy, sliced canned or homemade cranberry sauce, mayo and the other slice of bread exactly in this order. Sometimes I add Swiss cheese and lately I've taken to warming the cornbread dressing in a buttered pan and pressing it thin enough for the sandwich until it gets a little browned and a crust on it.
    The cranberry sauce HAS to be next to the mayo because what it creates is a savory sweet mess that I love.

I failed to have one this past Thanksgiving evening or even on Friday but I did enjoy it last night while watching the LSU/Texas A&M game.

49151428337_beff86607c_b.jpg

49151427277_82d1598a4e_b.jpg

49150729038_be8cd3a9c1_b.jpg

I might have another one today.
    Have you had your's yet???

Top Bottom