VP9sk LE vs Glock 19 fs w/bold sights

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Well I’m about to let’s say pull the trigger on two new pistols. It will either be 2 HK’s or 1 HK and 1 G19. I don’t need a push on the Glock but I do not own a HK. Had a usp 45 compact v1 years ago and the grip angle was not for me. I shot a Vp9sk and fell in lust with it. The only apprehension I have with HK is the detailed cleaning process and some of the small parts (springs, roll pins). So my question is I’m full on Glocks should I feel comfortable buying two hk’s? I like redundancy and also have two sons so there will be no “this is mine”. Lol thanks for any input.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I have 2 VP9 and 2 VP9SK pistols and many 9mm Glocks. My primary is a Glock but I enjoy shooting the HK pistols also.
    I also have a complete VP9 tactical slide assembly with a threaded 4.7" barrel and another complete slide assembly VP9L conversion kit with a 5" barrel.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I have 2 VP9 and 2 VP9SK pistols and many 9mm Glocks. My primary is a Glock but I enjoy shooting the HK pistols also.
    I also have a complete VP9 tactical slide assembly with a threaded 4.7" barrel and another complete slide assembly VP9L conversion kit with a 5" barrel.

How often do you do a detailed cleaning on the VP? That’s my biggest concern about the HK. I shoot my carry gun (19) 400-600 round a month and detail strip it every ~1k. I’m sure once I do it a few times it will be second nature like detail stripping a glock. Do You notice any loosening of the roll pins after driving them out a few times? I know HK is quality but I just don’t want to have a gun that is like a Porsche after 100k Miles that can be a pain in the butt and expensive to keep running. Thanks

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    How often do you do a detailed cleaning on the VP? That’s my biggest concern about the HK. I shoot my carry gun (19) 400-600 round a month and detail strip it every ~1k. I’m sure once I do it a few times it will be second nature like detail stripping a glock. Do You notice any loosening of the roll pins after driving them out a few times? I know HK is quality but I just don’t want to have a gun that is like a Porsche after 100k Miles that can be a pain in the butt and expensive to keep running. Thanks

I had a very early VP9 that was fired quite a bit and never had any issues. Current ones are all low round count pistols and I only spray the frame to degrease it and then lubricate.
    The slide is as simple as a Glock.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I had a very early VP9 that was fired quite a bit and never had any issues. Current ones are all low round count pistols and I only spray the frame to degrease it and then lubricate.
    The slide is as simple as a Glock.

I have had the same experience with the 1st run VP9. It is one of my favorite range toys. I prefer hammer fired, so I use either HK or SIG DA/SA handguns for protection.

Top Bottom