Shooting on Canal St,

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rocko68

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 27, 2019
    New Orleans, La
    The real info is most likely kept quiet or diffused into something other than what it is.
    Every year for the same festival there seems to be a shooting of some sort, or so I believe.
    The City officials love this festival and claim it brings tons of money to the City and economy.
    I worked in the service industry a long time ago and when this festival was new to the City.
    I can't agree that a festival that business owners in the French quarter would rather skip or close for, is that beneficial for the city.
    In the past there has been a relationship between out-of-towners and locals that has led to shootings. This may be very similar.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It was on the 700 block of Canal St in front of the McDonalds. That’s a popular spot for locals to hang out and show how tough they are, especially during big events that attract a lot of tourists.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    It was a feud between two parties. Not necessarily connected to the Bayou Classic. No fatalities.

BlueShamu

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    D'town
    Guy in the white hoody in front of Police SUV looks like he is packing....front right, 2:00 IWB, @ 6 sec mark.

Sent from the ISS using Tapatalk

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    The funny part about “sagging”your pants is that its origins are from prison procedure.
    It appears that folks incarcerated have their belts removed upon first arriving so they cannot harm themselves or others with it.
    Once released they continue the trend, thus the pants below their underwear.
    Street kids emulated this look so they would have the appearance of being “hard” in order to get respect.

I rather like this fashion trend because it makes it easier for our officers to catch them.
    Oh, that and it gives me some ideas as to which direction I should go with when shopping for underwear... ;)

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I suppose we as a society should be glad that these criminally inclined thugs aren't training with these oft stolen weapons anywhere near on par with those of the law abiding firearms community. That should have been a turkey shoot with all those people.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I rather like this fashion trend because it makes it easier for our officers to catch them.

Actually, seeing a guy pull his pants up and hold onto his waistband was one of the signs he may thinking about running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom