Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Should I Offload my Zenith For The New SP5?

Let me start off by saying I love my Zenith Z5RS. It has been absolutely flawless in over 1k rounds. I got lucky and purchased this a few years ago and was on of the first batches. I know some subsequent shipments had some issues, but I've been super happy with my earlier edition. The SP5K was a hard no for me with no paddle and no tri lug. The new arrival of the SP5 has me salivating now. It checks all the boxes, minus the missing rear diopter drum w the holes. Easy fix on that though.

After selling this Zenith I'd probably have to fork over another $600 or so. Looking for some feedback from ya'll on where ya'll would land with this decision.

All or nothing

User Info Menu

Pics of said Z5? I mean, just in case you decide to part ways.
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct it———
    Bangswitch

Marksman

User Info Menu

Keep the Zenith and add the HK SP5. Can never go wrong with having both.

I personally own a Zenith,PTR 9CT. Wanted to get the SP5k but the prices are insane right now.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Meh you’re just paying extra for the H&K engraving on the receiver.

the one you have is made on the exact same tooling as H&K.

in all honesty **** H&K they give the US civilian market the middle finger on fireArms.

i went the other route and have a PTR MP-5 which is exactly the same as any H&K.

Sooooo Cheesy!

User Info Menu

I’d say no.
    HK has had to make adjustments to get it to the American market, including non HK parts.
    Wait and see.
    PSA: run up on me while I'm getting my Beef and Cheddar on and point a gun or gun like object in my face, be prepared to catch some hot ones. -Vanilla Gorilla

Okay, why the hell is there a cock picture in my thread? -JWG223

Marksman

User Info Menu

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zenith.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	106.1 KB 
ID:	90668

pics for ya'll who have asked. upgraded as well.

Sooooo Cheesy!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    Pics of said Z5? I mean, just in case you decide to part ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by local2fed View Post

Nicely done, keep it!
    PSA: run up on me while I'm getting my Beef and Cheddar on and point a gun or gun like object in my face, be prepared to catch some hot ones. -Vanilla Gorilla

All or nothing

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesy Lasagna View Post
    Nicely done, keep it!
    Pretty dang sweet!
    Hush now Cheesy, let the man speak...he might be ready for a change.
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct it———
    Bangswitch

Marksman

User Info Menu

Looks like Ill be hanging onto the Zenith. The SP5's are on Gunbroker for $3500 and climbing with LOTS of bids. These people are nuts.

Sooooo Cheesy!

User Info Menu

Looks like Ill be hanging onto the Zenith. The SP5's are on Gunbroker for $3500 and climbing with LOTS of bids. These people are nuts.
    Yes, they are.
    A buyer’s frenzy for the latest gadget.

Slow and steady wins the race.