Sig P365 impressions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coyote5.0

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2016
    Prairieville
    Last week I bought a Sig P365 from Cabellas for $375. It came with a 10 round magazine. I also opted to buy a 12 round mag with a little more extension. For the size of the pistol I was very impressed with its capacity, accuracy, and comfort to shoot. Both magazines fit well in my hand but the 12 round did feel a little more secure. The 10 stock round mag came with a pinky extension which fit my hand well. Shooting 150 rounds of Winchester 124g NATO ammo was a pleasure. Zero malfunctions. Groups were tight from 10 to 40 feet. Before I bought the pistol I did a fair amount of research. Two articles come to mind where the reviewer said it "was a small pistol that shot like a big pistol". That was my impression too. I have shot other pistols roughly the same size with less capacity and was not impressed. This is my first Sig. For CC or to keep a pistol handy for personal protection I highly recommend this little gem.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    I love my 365... It's a pleasure to shoot and i pocket carry it with the 12 round mag. I like the option of the 10 round for even less printing.

jcomar1

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Last week I bought a Sig P365 from Cabellas for $375. It came with a 10 round magazine. I also opted to buy a 12 round mag with a little more extension. For the size of the pistol I was very impressed with its capacity, accuracy, and comfort to shoot. Both magazines fit well in my hand but the 12 round did feel a little more secure. The 10 stock round mag came with a pinky extension which fit my hand well. Shooting 150 rounds of Winchester 124g NATO ammo was a pleasure. Zero malfunctions. Groups were tight from 10 to 40 feet. Before I bought the pistol I did a fair amount of research. Two articles come to mind where the reviewer said it "was a small pistol that shot like a big pistol". That was my impression too. I have shot other pistols roughly the same size with less capacity and was not impressed. This is my first Sig. For CC or to keep a pistol handy for personal protection I highly recommend this little gem.

Dang how the heck did you get it for that price? Was it new?

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    I agree with you, especially after the early reviews.

I went to the gun show to buy a 365 and left with nothing, later wound up with a Glock 43. The Sig just felt too small in the grip for me. This is even after using a Kahr CM9.

i think it’s the grip front to back, makes the whole circumference feel too small for me.

i have my eyes on this Hellcat though.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I got a chance to handle the 365 and the hellcat at the last gun show.

For the 365, impressive capacity for the size, however the grip does feel too small to me. It is the front to back dimension, which then makes the trigger reach too short, at least for the grip style I like to use. Build quality and materials seemed very good, and I have watched a bunch of review vids and everyone seems to like the 365. The 365xl seemed very close in size to the glock 43x, but I could not get both next to each other. I prefer the size of the 43x grip, front to back and the trigger reach.

The hellcat seemed similar to the 365, grip was a little bigger maybe? It felt better to me, again a subjective talking point. I wear a XL glove, so my palm size make some of the small or thin guns feel less than hand filling. I have a glock 42, which I shoot well, and a kahr cw380, which is tiny but I can shoot it well too.

As far as carry goes these smaller nines must be great IWB, even appendix for fat dudes (me too, sadly).

Since shield arms have brought out that 15rd mag for the 43x/48 i may have to pick a 43x up... I would like to get some trigger time behind the 365 to see if the smaller grip has any effect on my shooting capability. I did learn a while ago that "feel in hand" is not the be all and end all of handguns...

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    I got a chance to handle the 365 and the hellcat at the last gun show.

For the 365, impressive capacity for the size, however the grip does feel too small to me. It is the front to back dimension, which then makes the trigger reach too short, at least for the grip style I like to use. Build quality and materials seemed very good, and I have watched a bunch of review vids and everyone seems to like the 365. The 365xl seemed very close in size to the glock 43x, but I could not get both next to each other. I prefer the size of the 43x grip, front to back and the trigger reach.

The hellcat seemed similar to the 365, grip was a little bigger maybe? It felt better to me, again a subjective talking point. I wear a XL glove, so my palm size make some of the small or thin guns feel less than hand filling. I have a glock 42, which I shoot well, and a kahr cw380, which is tiny but I can shoot it well too.

As far as carry goes these smaller nines must be great IWB, even appendix for fat dudes (me too, sadly).

Since shield arms have brought out that 15rd mag for the 43x/48 i may have to pick a 43x up... I would like to get some trigger time behind the 365 to see if the smaller grip has any effect on my shooting capability. I did learn a while ago that "feel in hand" is not the be all and end all of handguns...

I also have larger hand (actually not big but long) and the 365 works extremely well for me. I have 10, 12 and 15 round mags for different applications. Other than mags being hard to load until broken in, all work very well.
    The Hellcat looks promising also, IMO.

Top Bottom