Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not Banned!!!

User Info Menu

I got a chance to handle the 365 and the hellcat at the last gun show.

For the 365, impressive capacity for the size, however the grip does feel too small to me. It is the front to back dimension, which then makes the trigger reach too short, at least for the grip style I like to use. Build quality and materials seemed very good, and I have watched a bunch of review vids and everyone seems to like the 365. The 365xl seemed very close in size to the glock 43x, but I could not get both next to each other. I prefer the size of the 43x grip, front to back and the trigger reach.

The hellcat seemed similar to the 365, grip was a little bigger maybe? It felt better to me, again a subjective talking point. I wear a XL glove, so my palm size make some of the small or thin guns feel less than hand filling. I have a glock 42, which I shoot well, and a kahr cw380, which is tiny but I can shoot it well too.

As far as carry goes these smaller nines must be great IWB, even appendix for fat dudes (me too, sadly).

Since shield arms have brought out that 15rd mag for the 43x/48 i may have to pick a 43x up... I would like to get some trigger time behind the 365 to see if the smaller grip has any effect on my shooting capability. I did learn a while ago that "feel in hand" is not the be all and end all of handguns...
    "These Rocky Mountains aren't very rocky. Yeah, that John Denver is full of SH**!"

Ed

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdindadell View Post
    I got a chance to handle the 365 and the hellcat at the last gun show.

For the 365, impressive capacity for the size, however the grip does feel too small to me. It is the front to back dimension, which then makes the trigger reach too short, at least for the grip style I like to use. Build quality and materials seemed very good, and I have watched a bunch of review vids and everyone seems to like the 365. The 365xl seemed very close in size to the glock 43x, but I could not get both next to each other. I prefer the size of the 43x grip, front to back and the trigger reach.

The hellcat seemed similar to the 365, grip was a little bigger maybe? It felt better to me, again a subjective talking point. I wear a XL glove, so my palm size make some of the small or thin guns feel less than hand filling. I have a glock 42, which I shoot well, and a kahr cw380, which is tiny but I can shoot it well too.

As far as carry goes these smaller nines must be great IWB, even appendix for fat dudes (me too, sadly).

Since shield arms have brought out that 15rd mag for the 43x/48 i may have to pick a 43x up... I would like to get some trigger time behind the 365 to see if the smaller grip has any effect on my shooting capability. I did learn a while ago that "feel in hand" is not the be all and end all of handguns...

I also have larger hand (actually not big but long) and the 365 works extremely well for me. I have 10, 12 and 15 round mags for different applications. Other than mags being hard to load until broken in, all work very well.
    The Hellcat looks promising also, IMO.
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are safe." Luke 11:21
    "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword [weapon], sell your cloak and buy one." Luke 22:36