Beretta 81 magazines $27 each

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I know a few of you guys bought one of the little surplus guns we were talking about last month. I got a couple and then saw a BB model so got one of those too. Both retailers were crying no mags but I did have the option for one extra mag for like 29 bucks with the first two. Found these while looking for CZ52 mags. These folks are completely legit, selling on GunsAmerica and I’ve completed at least 3 orders with them with no issues. Shipping is cheap, and free with 3 mags!

https://www.gunsamerica.com/9242272...-Magazines-C85888-type-3-Ship-3-ship-free.htm

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Ok, so here’s the skinny on these Beretta 81 mags:
    They’re modified aftermarket 84 mags, that work like a charm. Like all good things, I wish I’d bought more, so I just did. They fit flush and hold 14 rounds.
    I saw a video review on them and took a chance. Function is perfect. Last round hold open works. Price is right.
    Video says the feed lips and follower are modified to work with the 81. They did a good job of hiding the evidence. Not a ding, scratch or errant cut to be found. They look like brand new mags. Apparently the 81 and 84 share the same frame.
    Anyway, I loaded up 2 of these and ran them through with no problems this morning. Drop free as well. Just think of them as +2 flush fit mags. Good deal.

Last edited:

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area

Luapgib

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2016
    Walker, LA
    I ordered a few of these as well. I have not had success with them. Whatever modification was done to the follower seems to cause it to hang up in the body of the mag. I’m not sure if it’s getting crooked in there or what the problem is, but about 5 to 6 rounds in the mag, the follower starts hanging up. This happens when loading and emptying the mag while cycling through the gun.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Dat aint OEM. Lol...the originals are not cheap.
    Oh well!
    Dang, guess I better take care of what I have. It’s been a few years but they were easy enough to get when those little guns were on the surplus market. I checked my paperwork, it’s been over 3 years. I filed the pin and removed the piece of pipe from mine. It was easy enough but I got a machinist in MS to clean up the barrel for me. On another note, I’ve got 3 or 4 aftermarket mags that also work fine. I bought them online prolly right after I bought the gun.

Last edited:

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Oh well!
    Dang, guess I better take care of what I have. It’s been a few years but they were easy enough to get when those little guns were on the surplus market. On another note, I’ve got 3 or 4 aftermarket mags that also work fine. I bought them online prolly right after I bought the gun.

I may buy a couple triple K mags for mine. I have one for my walther tph. And it checks out. Theyre pretty good for the most part with alot of these older milsurp guns...at least they dont have a promag rep.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I may buy a couple triple K mags for mine. I have one for my walther tph. And it checks out. Theyre pretty good for the most part with alot of these older milsurp guns...at least they dont have a promag rep.
    The aftermarket mags I bought are triple K. They even have the pinky extension like my OEM mags. I don’t remember what I paid for them but remember it was from Sportsman’s guide and pretty sure they were cheap or I would not have bought that many. They work as well as the OEM in mine. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom