What Do Ya'll Collect?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    My hobby is building custom AR's, so all I really collect is parts. Lol... Now that I've got my house settled and Im living in Gonzales, I'll be collecting sweat beads and getting myself back in shape.. going this weekend to set up a account at planet fitness

Last edited:

tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I collected an ammo can of pocket knives for a while. Then when I turned 60 I started giving my sons a choice of 3 knives every Christmas. Now I only have 10 or 15 left. I never had an obsession for collecting anything in particular. I do have a lot of random old things.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I collected an ammo can of pocket knives for a while. Then when I turned 60 I started giving my sons a choice of 3 knives every Christmas. Now I only have 10 or 15 left. I never had an obsession for collecting anything in particular. I do have a lot of random old things.

Been There Done That with Relatives and still have plenty.

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    More of an accumulation than a collection - military trucks and trailers from the '60s - early 90s. Deuce-and-a-halfs, 5-tons, and CUCVs. No LMTVs or HUMMVs.

Memorial Day 2015-9.jpg _MG_0571 small.jpg

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    More of an accumulation than a collection - military trucks and trailers from the '60s - early 90s. Deuce-and-a-halfs, 5-tons, and CUCVs. No LMTVs or HUMMVs.]

Holy crap, that's a nice motor pool you have there. Are all of those running? What exactly do you do with them? Parades? Convoys?

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    Holy crap, that's a nice motor pool you have there. Are all of those running? What exactly do you do with them? Parades? Convoys?

Most start with work and run, but had issues when bought. Retirement hobby is getting them running more reliably and selling them. One used for flood rescue in 2016, two prepped for Hurricane Harvey response but not needed.

IBWP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2019
    Monroe, LA
    I collect fossils and stones from cool places in other states.

Cledus1911

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 17, 2018
    Denham Springs, LA
    Case knives, my wife got me a nice one as a wedding present so now I try and find one every year for our anniversary.

I have a pretty solid collection of military uniforms and field gear, I try and get all the assorted web gear for each service weapon I have. Trying to get an example of every US service rifle and pistol and all of the assorted gear. I have a pretty good stack of field manuals for all sorts of topics as well.

I also collect hotwheels. Really easy thing to store and cheap to buy. Going to hunt for them makes grocery shopping more bearable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cledus1911

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 17, 2018
    Denham Springs, LA
    More of an accumulation than a collection - military trucks and trailers from the '60s - early 90s. Deuce-and-a-halfs, 5-tons, and CUCVs. No LMTVs or HUMMVs.

That’s awesome! How much would you give for a good running 2 1/2? I’ve been wanting one for a couple years now, just don’t know how much I should be paying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom