What Do Ya'll Collect?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    That’s awesome! How much would you give for a good running 2 1/2? I’ve been wanting one for a couple years now, just don’t know how much I should be paying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anywhere from $3000 for a running M35A2 Deuce-and-a-half needing brakes (in SC), or a non-runner needing an injector pump (in LA), up to $12k for one the owner thinks is gold plated. $4k-7K would be a good price for one that starts, drives, stops and is road worthy with title. I don't have any ready to sell at the moment.

Cledus1911

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 17, 2018
    Denham Springs, LA
    Anywhere from $3000 for a running M35A2 Deuce-and-a-half needing brakes (in SC), or a non-runner needing an injector pump (in LA), up to $12k for one the owner thinks is gold plated. $4k-7K would be a good price for one that starts, drives, stops and is road worthy with title. I don't have any ready to sell at the moment.

Solid, thanks for the info

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I’ve started taking the minimalist approach to life and no longer collect anything. The kids can just inherit the house and savings account lol.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    What Do Y'all Collect?
    I always like to see what others like to hang on to "Collect"
    I used to work with a guy named Roy He has a great Beer can collection. We eneded up at His brother Rodney's place. He says want to see my collection I just stated? As far as we knew all he "Collected used Aluminum Cans" of any kind. He got really drunk and had his wife drive around while he grabbed all the recycle bins off the streets.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    As funny as this may sound, I collect pouches. I Mainly like the maxped edc and similar zipper type organizers. I have a bunch of them from all of the know makers, maxped, vanquest, condor, fox, mars, etc. and a few off brands too.

It started when I was attempting to make up a pocket carry edc for the few times I am well away from my usually places or vehicles. Nothing really seemed to work all that well (too bulky) so I began to re-purpose them for use in the glove-box as small item organizers.

Then I branched out and bought the larger versions and started making outdoor kits, tool kits, med kits, etc. Basically a bag inside of bag concept to keep the clutter down. A fun hobby, and it got me thinking in a more "prepper" way, not a bad thing at all.

I even use them as desk drawer organizers, just to catch the random stuff that ends up rolling around and getting lost.

I also have quite a collection of hook backed pouches for use in the various bags that have loop fields. And admin molle pouches, I like those as well. I guess it all stems from trying to organize my life, which is a moving target to say the least!

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    As funny as this may sound, I collect pouches. I Mainly like the maxped edc and similar zipper type organizers. I have a bunch of them from all of the know makers, maxped, vanquest, condor, fox, mars, etc. and a few off brands too.

It started when I was attempting to make up a pocket carry edc for the few times I am well away from my usually places or vehicles. Nothing really seemed to work all that well (too bulky) so I began to re-purpose them for use in the glove-box as small item organizers.

Then I branched out and bought the larger versions and started making outdoor kits, tool kits, med kits, etc. Basically a bag inside of bag concept to keep the clutter down. A fun hobby, and it got me thinking in a more "prepper" way, not a bad thing at all.

I even use them as desk drawer organizers, just to catch the random stuff that ends up rolling around and getting lost.

I also have quite a collection of hook backed pouches for use in the various bags that have loop fields. And admin molle pouches, I like those as well. I guess it all stems from trying to organize my life, which is a moving target to say the least!

Bizarre, I do the same thing.
    Started in the Army when I learned to sew out of necessity to make gear that worked for me.
    Then I began doing alterations on the side for extra money (11B enlisted pay sucks.)
    To this day I make pouches and bags for fun.
    My wife thinks it’s nuts and she’s likely correct but she never complains when I repair or alter her clothing.

Oddly enough, I believe the Condor bags that are made in the US are a really good value for the money...

mprice

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    Collect?

I have a lot of misc...
    Pocket knives,
    Carbide headlamps,
    Old Coleman lanterns (I’m an old coon hunter),
    Sinker cypress,
    Building my first black powder rifle Pedersoli .32 cal (squirrel gun).

And, not so much *collect* as just support:
    One wife,
    One old bluetick coonhound,
    One rescue whippet and,
    One 1982 Jeep cj7
    - I do love them all - at 70yrs old, I am truly blessed!

May you all have a Wonderful Christmas!

Last edited:

longdude17

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    As I tell my wife, I don’t collect but rather acquire...

I acquire motorcycles, red wines, wiskeys (rye is my fav), cigars, Coleman lanterns, firearms, ammo and a few other random odds and ends. Lately I’ve been too busy with work and kids to indulge in any of my collections.

BarneyFife

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    North of BR
    Since about mid November.....I've been collecting fat. I've got it stored on the front of my body, just above my belt line.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Since about mid November.....I've been collecting fat. I've got it stored on the front of my body, just above my belt line.

I started collecting that too, also around November but in 1980. That was the time I learned to feed myself... I was a skinny baby, last time in my life...

Last edited:

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I was thinking about trying a James bond themed collection. Right now I am going for the Connery era STDs.

Having 2 problems so far. Women that are bond girl quality will not give me the time of day, and I get slapped alot when asking if they have the desired disease...

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Apple cider vinegarOTR
    Top Bottom