Ar Pistols

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    I've been considering getting a Springfield Saint Victor.
    Opinions on the Saint?
    I have always had AK's but looking to get into the AR game. Ive always been a springfield fan, so the saint seems like a pretty natural direction for my 1st AR.

El Pozzinator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Denham springs LA
    The victor is pretty plain Jane. Great starting point but personally I’m not a fan of the pistol length gas system for 5.56. In .300 I bet it’s a hoot but it’s basically a mil-spec (not even polished) trigger. The muzzle device is a blast diverter and nothing more. Fine for you, but anyone near you at the range is going to be an unhappy camper; it’s obnoxious anywhere but behind it.

If you step up a bit to the edge pistol, now you’re talking. That brace is fantastic. Rock solid and light. I like the hand guard, the lower looks sexy all milled out (not sure it’s any lighter than normal as it’s billet), and it’s a normal screw-on A2 flash hider with a tunable carbine length has system. The trigger is The Best I’ve ever felt on a box stock AR bar none. Check that: my REPR has a nicer trigger out the box, but we’re talking about a $3500+ (naked) rifle with a polished Geisselle SSA trigger vs a $1500 pistol with a house-brand drop in “competition” trigger.

If you don’t need a “box” gun, you may do well to shop around for kits rather than going with the victor and put together exactly what you want if you think you’ll very quickly be changing a bunch of stuff. I do need a box gun for work, so rather than packing my 16” LWRC M6, I’m planning on picking up a saint edge. For the features you’re getting at the price, the edge is a sore dick deal - you can’t beat it. The victor pistol isn’t bad, but you can definitely see and feel the “value engineering” in it vs the edge pistol.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    My brother has one and he brought it over one day and we shot it. It ran like an AR should. Accurate and fun to shoot at the distances we were shooting at (100 yards and below).

Top Bottom