SCAM ALERT he's prowling Bayoushooter 609-459-3098

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I posted up a wtb add for Sig MPX and this dude here tried to get me...
    Red flags went up immediately once I recognized the New Jersey (609) area code..they're not allowed to participate in our 2nd amendment right so how the hell does he have a short barrel gun like a sig MPX?none the less I had some time on my hand and figured I'll entertain him.

I googled his number an bam he's right on top of the list on another gunboard were someone said he got scammed by him..
    Becareful fellas..
    018d6995cef68d9b23f7f456ca0ff946.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

BlueShamu

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    D'town
    Looks like a Craigslist opportunity to give away some free Pygmy Goats.

Sent from the ISS using Tapatalk

AZ2VET

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2017
    Ponchatoula, La.
    Flip it on him and send it to the NJ State police. He will have to explain that he does not have it and why he was trying to sell what he does not have.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    His English grammar seems off to me. He speaks English as a second language and is spoofing the NJ area code from another country. He was going to try to get you send money via Greendot card or Western Union.

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    I had a Nigerian try to scam me while selling a car. God knows how he planned on getting the vehicle. I sold it to another legit buyer, we were heavily armed when he showed up. . They sent a fake cashiers check, it took my (old) bank like a month to tell me it was a fake despite the fact that I brought the check in to my local manager. They make money off from schemes like these, you pay the debt plus interest and a fee for the bounced check. I used my expert research skills to track the criminals down in Nigeria, I used an untraceable phone line and funny enough their IP address led to a cafe in the city they were operating out of, I was able to get the cell numbers location from a cell net provider. The local police were not helpful. I made one final call and let the fella know I knew exactly where he was, he literally lost his ****. He threatened me, and I reminded him that I knew where he lived. It was pretty satisfying.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    His English grammar seems off to me. He speaks English as a second language and is spoofing the NJ area code from another country. He was going to try to get you send money via Greendot card or Western Union.

This ^^

@OP - Did the guy mention that he had a BS account?

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    This ^^

@OP - Did the guy mention that he had a BS account?
    No we didn't get that far off in the convo before I had the chance to ask him his BS account ...but from here on out if someone texts me,the first thing I will ask them is what's there name on BS..I usually wait untill the deal is almost done to ask the BS name but not anymore.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    No we didn't get that far off in the convo before I had the chance to ask him his BS account ...but from here on out if someone texts me,the first thing I will ask them is what's there name on BS..I usually wait untill the deal is almost done to ask the BS name but not anymore.

Yeah, and if anyone ever seems sketchy, I have absolutely zero problems looking into their account and letting you/anyone know if their details look sketchy or not. I won't reveal user information, but I can definitely work with what you have and see if any red flags pop up.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Yeah, and if anyone ever seems sketchy, I have absolutely zero problems looking into their account and letting you/anyone know if their details look sketchy or not. I won't reveal user information, but I can definitely work with what you have and see if any red flags pop up.

Good to know you’d back members up like that.
    Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom