Sig Sauer® MPX {Noctius} Or Colt 9mm AR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What one would you buy?

• Colt

Votes: 2 28.6%
    • Sig also in Black

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    For a while now I have looked at the 2 so I wanted to post a Poll.
    I have looked at the 9mm AR and would get a Factory Colt Only Looks like plenty LE Versions out there New and As New. The ones that came with Carry Handle not the 2013 Models with no Carry Handle {Unless I add one I like the Classic look} That was one reason I never pulled the trigger on a few I saw
    I also Have Cabelas' points and they sell could be used on the Noctius Model that is sold by Bass Pro / Cabelas.
    On both liked that it came with Back-Up Sights

Last edited:

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Colt is blowback and the sig is gas operated...

I have a colt and have shot it a bit. Works well. I use c products mags, they needed a bit of tuning on the feed lips to clear the bolt.

Sig must be more expensive. Probably smoother shooting.

pandabear

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    May 1, 2014
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    They're both fun to shoot, has its up's and down's. On the Colt, I have the one with the carry handle(kind of nostalgia) with a 16" barrel. Its reliable long as you use the Colt magazine. The mags cost over $50 a piece.
    The MPX, its gas operated. the mags are a tiny bit cheaper, but not by much. It definitely had the cool factor. I seen others cut the barrel down to a "K" model. I think mine has the 9" barrel which I think its perfect. Than there's the carbine model with the long barrel. Take your pick. However, I think you have a third option. I have a Quarter Circle 10 AR in 9mm. These people only make PCC and do an excellent job. Here's the best part, it takes magazine from both Colt and C-Product without any hiccups. I have a Franklin Armory BFS trigger install and this thing never stop shooting. Hope the info helps.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    They’re both good firearms. Any gun design is a compromise. It depends on what you want from the firearm.

Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I have a DDLES colt pattern AR and an MPX. I guess I'm more familiar with my 9mm AR since I had it the longest, 4.5 inch barrel SBR with the same controls as my other AR's. Has a 10.5 inch rail and shoots 100% suppressed. My MPX-k model is nice, trigger from the factory was kinda heavy, but the Larue MBT fixed that problem. It shoots well, but the mags are pricey and is hard to get the last few rounds in there. The controls are familiar, but since it's full ambi, you can easily find yourself pressing the mag release or bolt catch when you didn't mean to. But the ability to add a telescopic or side folding stock is the reason I wanted it.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I’ve had a Colt pattern 9mm for over 10 years and never had any serious problems with them. Run UZI, C-Products & ASC mags with no issues. We don’t sell them for any where near $50. They are not that expensive. I won’t run anything but a flat top receiver, I can add a carry handle if I want but a flat top upper gives me way more choices.
    At this time I’m using a JP 9mm (GMR-15) for a PCC Gun in USPSA. This one takes the Glock mags. I can’t use the Colt pattern gun as it is a pistol and doesn’t fit the rules for PCC.

Bryan

Top Bottom