New Glock G44 in .22 caliber.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    You can never have enough guns. I really want to like Glocks but I need to find someone close with a Gen5 that I can shoot for a bit before I bite on one. I love my M&Ps they just fit my hand so well. I want the M&P22 but so far have resisted but not sure how much longer that will last. :dunno:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    You can never have enough guns. I really want to like Glocks but I need to find someone close with a Gen5 that I can shoot for a bit before I bite on one. I love my M&Ps they just fit my hand so well. I want the M&P22 but so far have resisted but not sure how much longer that will last. :dunno:

If you ever get to the Baton Rouge area let me know.

Doc Holliday

I'm your huckleberry...
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Watson, LA
    I picked mine up on Monday & just got to shoot it a little today.

My plan is for it to be my suppressor host & I don’t have a threaded barrel yet, so off I went to FRC with a couple of mags of CCI Stingers, a couple of mags of standard velocity stuff, & a whole sack of subsonic.

The G44 loved the Stingers & standard velocity stuff, but subsonics were a bust. Not nearly enough oomph to reliably cycle the slide, so stovepipes & failures to extract/eject abounded. I’m hoping that once I get my can on it, the back pressure will help. My dad went with me to the range & he also tried shooting the subsonic ammo in his Ruger Mark 4 and he got the same results as I did with the Glock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    191   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    I picked mine up on Monday & just got to shoot it a little today.

My plan is for it to be my suppressor host & I don’t have a threaded barrel yet, so off I went to FRC with a couple of mags of CCI Stingers, a couple of mags of standard velocity stuff, & a whole sack of subsonic.

The G44 loved the Stingers & standard velocity stuff, but subsonics were a bust. Not nearly enough oomph to reliably cycle the slide, so stovepipes & failures to extract/eject abounded. I’m hoping that once I get my can on it, the back pressure will help. My dad went with me to the range & he also tried shooting the subsonic ammo in his Ruger Mark 4 and he got the same results as I did with the Glock.

BR police supply? If so, did they say how long the backlog was Shannon?

Doc Holliday

I'm your huckleberry...
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Watson, LA
    BR police supply? If so, did they say how long the backlog was Shannon?

Hey Mickey! Long time, no see! Yes, BR Police Supplies. His initial shipment was 20 & I pre-paid for one of those. I didn’t ask how many were prepaid or when he would be getting more. Fun little pistol. Glad I got it.

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    191   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Hey Mickey! Long time, no see! Yes, BR Police Supplies. His initial shipment was 20 & I pre-paid for one of those. I didn’t ask how many were prepaid or when he would be getting more. Fun little pistol. Glad I got it.

Yes indeed bubba, entirely too long. We have to catch up soon.
    I did not know they let you prepay. Thought it was like all the rest of the new releases. Put you name on a list and they call when they arrive. First ones there wins. Lol
    Did the blue label come with 3 mags?

Doc Holliday

I'm your huckleberry...
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Watson, LA
    Yes indeed bubba, entirely too long. We have to catch up soon.
    I did not know they let you prepay. Thought it was like all the rest of the new releases. Put you name on a list and they call when they arrive. First ones there wins. Lol
    Did the blue label come with 3 mags?

We sure do. Call me!

I pre-paid for my 45MOS & this 44. Puts an end to the race, I guess.

It only came with 2 & they are $29 each. I picked up 2 more today.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    So the glock 22 is a .40
    The glock 40 is 10mm
    Glock 45 is 9mm
    And the glock 44 is in .22

Talking about missed opportunities
    It’s the metric system... remember the McDonald’s conversation in Pulp Fiction where Vincent Vega describes why there’s no quarter pounder with cheese in Amsterdam?
    The Austrians don’t think in inches, but millimeters....
    That being said, I wonder if newer models will surpass the big 50 or if they’ll go back and hit some of the numbers they missed. I’d like a Glock 13. If I had a Glock 21 I’d call it Blackjack. I guess my Glock 22 is a bust, but it makes a good truck gun.

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    What’s the going price for one in the BR area?

I’ve got a buddy that picked one up in the lake Charles area for $369

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Just picked this little guy up for $379 plus tax. Range trip tomorrow!

attachment.php

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Just picked this little guy up for $379 plus tax. Range trip tomorrow!

Just had the Glock 44 out to Sherburne, where I put 250 rounds of Remington Thunderbolt through it (only because this is what I had on hand).

The gun ran perfectly. Absolutely no FTF's or FTE's. In true Glock fashion the trigger was crisp with only a bit of creep, and the rest was sharp and perceptible. This is the first Glock I've owned with the factory rear adjustable sight, and it was dead on the money for me at 25 yards. The sharp crack of the .22 round reminds me a bit of shooting my suppressed Glock 34, but without the recoil.

It came with the adjustable rear sight, but I had no reason to tinker with it ... aim was dead accurate out of the box.

I found myself naturally doing a lot of competition drills with this gun, and the price of .22 ammo makes this sort of work appealing.

The only downside is having to clean it, although takedown is pretty much identical to every other Glock. I forgot how dirty .22 shoots!

Mike

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I handled a few of these at the show yesterday. Interesting feel, as light as it is the balance was good. Exterior build quality was high, as usual for glock. Not sure how I feel about the approx 400 price tag. And the 10rd mag. I am sure it is better made and designed than the Taurus tx22. I like the feel of the Taurus but buying one new would go against all of my principles.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    22 Plinkster's review was not exactly glowing. Won't feed bulk 36gr reliably.

There's already a Tube vid out there of a kaboom.

That being said. We've got two of them for sale, for the fan bois.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Some of the guys on GlockTalk have over a thousand rounds through theirs without a problem.

I've got a fresh 500 round box of .22 that I'll be taking to the range this weekend, so that'll take the round count on mine up to 800ish. Fingers crossed that it keeps ticking like a clock.

Mike

stinkysix

Rating - 97.9%
    46   1   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I handled a few of these at the show yesterday. Interesting feel, as light as it is the balance was good. Exterior build quality was high, as usual for glock. Not sure how I feel about the approx 400 price tag. And the 10rd mag. I am sure it is better made and designed than the Taurus tx22. I like the feel of the Taurus but buying one new would go against all of my principles.

I have the TX22, only Taurus I have. 1300 rounds thru it with and without a suppressor with no malfunctions. Its a winner especially with the 16 rd mags

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I've got well over a thousand rounds through the pipe of my Glock 44.

The only problem I've had is that standard velocity ammo occasionally doesn't cycle the slide far enough to eject the spent round. If this is going to happen to me, it'll usually be in the first or second round of a full magazine. Over about 200 rounds of SV ammo I had maybe four or five failures here.

With high velocity ammo, I've had absolutely no issues at all.

I'm happy with the gun, and I have no problem keeping HV ammo around for it.

Mike

Top Bottom