New Glock G44 in .22 caliber.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Things I wonder about:

Not only is the frame plastic, (short for 'Space Age Polymer'), but the slide is plastic too. How will a plastic slide hold up to twenty, or thirty thousand rounds?

Why only ten rounds in a G-19 sized pistol? That seems weird.

The slide is steel with a plastic cover. It's based off of the same patent used for their sims guns.

Ten rounds is for the ban states. It's G19 sized to be used as a training pistol that can utilize existing holsters and magazine pouches.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    EECD1E5D-DC29-47CD-B608-B248A479EF06.jpeg

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

Gee...I'm gonna have to think about what choice to make.

I guess they're trying to get a few sold before they offer a lower price. I would think the pricing may be similar to the 42. If my baseless guess is close, there would only be a relatively small savings for waiting.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The more I think about this gun, the more I think I need to stock up on .22.

I train heavily on Glocks, and it makes a lot of sense to stick with a platform that I know so well. And since they'll offer a factory threaded barrel, it's making it tempting to go order a .22 can.

Mike

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The Glock 44 is the same size as the G19 and should fit in G19 holsters. I've heard the insides of the G44 receiver are similar to the insides of the G19. I'm curious to see how close they really are. I'm wondering how close the G44 slide is to fitting on the G19. I think the G44 shows a slide conversion kit could be possible. I hope they look at releasing a full size frame 22lr.

I'm watching another G44 review. It seems the G44 locking block is different than the G19 locking block so no. But the reviewer didn't know if exchanging the locking block in the G19 would allow the G44 slide/barrel to work on the G19 receiver.

Last edited:

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The Glock 44 is the same size as the G19 and should fit in G19 holsters. I've heard the insides of the G44 receiver are similar to the insides of the G19. I'm curious to see how close they really are. I'm wondering how close the G44 slide is to fitting on the G19. I think the G44 shows a slide conversion kit could be possible. I hope they look at releasing a full size frame 22lr.

I'm watching another G44 review. It seems the G44 locking block is different than the G19 locking block so no. But the reviewer didn't know if exchanging the locking block in the G19 would allow the G44 slide/barrel to work on the G19 receiver.

In one of the FAQ's I seem to remember reading that while the exterior dimensions are the same as a G19 (allowing it to fit in 19 holsters, etc.), the guts are different and parts will not interchange between the G19 and the G44.

But until we can hold them in our hands, we'll be speculating ...

Mike

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

The locking blocks are not interchangeable.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    The locking blocks are not interchangeable.

I believe you but can you cite your source for this information?
    Been looking up just this thing and can’t find definitive answers.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    So have gotten like 3 emails today stating that the G44 is in stock and is selling for $359. PSA is one source.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    One email said you could pre-order but PSA said in stock so maybe you buy and they ship it Monday.......:dunno:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    One email said you could pre-order but PSA said in stock so maybe you buy and they ship it Monday.......:dunno:

I need another pistol like I need to get a tool box for my dirty, cluttered hunting truck; but I will end up getting one of these eventually. :dunno:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Apple cider vinegarOTR
    Top Bottom