Virginia may be the place..

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I was 6 years old when the Kent State shooting happened. I can almost see a similar event on the horizon. Not hoping for it, my delicate psyche just handles life better when I prepare for things.

Well I’m a student of history (usually the class clown), but once upon a time the belligerent Ross Barnett stood in the doorway of Ole Miss or MSU (I don’t remember) with a MS Highway Patrol to defy the Federal government and uphold an unconditional State law, and the President federalized the National Guard to safely integrate the University. As I remember it no blood was spilled in that incident. Remember I was the class clown so I may have misremembered something. But one thing is for certain the Democrats always seem to find themselves on the wrong side of history and the author of atrocities.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Well I’m a student of history (usually the class clown), but once upon a time the belligerent Ross Barnett stood in the doorway of Ole Miss or MSU (I don’t remember) with a MS Highway Patrol to defy the Federal government and uphold an unconditional State law, and the President federalized the National Guard to safely integrate the University. As I remember it no blood was spilled in that incident. Remember I was the class clown so I may have misremembered something. But one thing is for certain the Democrats always seem to find themselves on the wrong side of history and the author of atrocities.
    Can’t really say if that led to four dead in Ohio tho...

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    https://youtu.be/LiuqkEag57Y

I wasn’t all that worried when it was DC, then New York and a few of them super yankee north east corner of the country states... but now Virginia. That’s kinda getting close. Now I’m thinking, if they cross the Mason-Dixon Line maybe I’ll really get worried. I mean, they’re not even to Tennessee yet.

Sadly this is what the German Jews said when the Nazi Party rose to power. It wasn't my people, it wasn't my neighbor, it wasn't me...It was too late.

lndsrvr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2015
    Lafayette, LA
    The N.O. Police did go door to door after Katrina. Read Gordon Hutchunson's book "The Great New Orleans Gun Grab-Descent Into Anarchy". Not only the NOPD, but also the LA State Police, and St. Tammany and St. Bernard sheriff's office were confiscating guns. Granted that Katrina was a real crisis(not excusing any of the above), but perception is reality. IF the governor declares an emergency you can bet that there would be plenty of law enforcement willing to confiscate citizen's guns. Registration would only make it easier.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    More importantly the federal government can, has, and should be ready to federalize the National Guard to prevent some loose nut from starting a civil war.

The federal government cannot use federal troops for domestic law enforcement. Unless the law changes, it's unlikely you'll find enough commanders willing to step up and blatantly break the law and risk ending up in legal hot water. The national guard can, however, provide law enforcement under the command of the governor.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    The N.O. Police did go door to door after Katrina. Read Gordon Hutchunson's book "The Great New Orleans Gun Grab-Descent Into Anarchy". Not only the NOPD, but also the LA State Police, and St. Tammany and St. Bernard sheriff's office were confiscating guns. Granted that Katrina was a real crisis(not excusing any of the above), but perception is reality. IF the governor declares an emergency you can bet that there would be plenty of law enforcement willing to confiscate citizen's guns. Registration would only make it easier.

The video of them assaulting the old white haired grandmother was enough for me. That was a real eye opener that everyone should see. Disgusting

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    The federal government cannot use federal troops for domestic law enforcement. Unless the law changes, it's unlikely you'll find enough commanders willing to step up and blatantly break the law and risk ending up in legal hot water. The national guard can, however, provide law enforcement under the command of the governor.

You are referring Posse Comatose, but I’m not talking police action. What I was suggesting is if the Virginia governor chose to use the guard to extra-constitutionally carry out forcible gun seizures the president could possibly federalize the guard and order them to stand down or take any non-police action necessary. Again I’m a student of history just not top of the class.

All that said it’s worth noting these are my opinions based on historical events not definitive facts.

well this is a fist I’m citing NPR :puke:
    https://www.npr.org/sections/politicaljunkie/2009/09/on_this_day_in_1962_mississipp.html

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You are referring Posse Comatose, but I’m not talking police action. What I was suggesting is if the Virginia governor chose to use the guard to extra-constitutionally carry out forcible gun seizures the president could possibly federalize the guard and order them to stand down or take any non-police action necessary. Again I’m a student of history just not top of the class.

All that said it’s worth noting these are my opinions based on historical events not definitive facts.

well this is a fist I’m citing NPR :puke:
    https://www.npr.org/sections/politicaljunkie/2009/09/on_this_day_in_1962_mississipp.html

Ah...I think I see what you're saying now. The guard units are activated federally to keep the governor from calling them to state duty.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Sadly this is what the German Jews said when the Nazi Party rose to power. It wasn't my people, it wasn't my neighbor, it wasn't me...It was too late.
    Yeah, that’s not at all what I’m saying.
    DC was already beyond hope, so nothing to worry about. Actual states like New York raised my brow and I was indeed concerned. Now it’s hitting states that should not bend to the will of the liberal foolishness.

I know you could not have possibly tried to put all that in my lap, just didn’t want to be misunderstood because of your statement.
    So, how’s the fight going up there in Maine?

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Ah...I think I see what you're saying now. The guard units are activated federally to keep the governor from calling them to state duty.

Yes, and in my head it seems possible, but I’m sure someone could argue against it’s legal merit.

Honestly I don’t see that being necessary. VA is a fairly conservative place, and I would imagine that rubs of on their Democrats too. No middle of the road Democrat will sign off on creating this sort of civil unrest.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yes, and in my head it seems possible, but I’m sure someone could argue against it’s legal merit.

Honestly I don’t see that being necessary. VA is a fairly conservative place, and I would imagine that rubs of on their Democrats too. No middle of the road Democrat will sign off on creating this sort of civil unrest.

I thinks it's tough to sell that you are acting as a representative of the people when you have to call up armed soldiers to get them to comply. If they are not complying, then you obviously aren't acting as their representative.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I thinks it's tough to sell that you are acting as a representative of the people when you have to call up armed soldiers to get them to comply. If they are not complying, then you obviously aren't acting as their representative.

Well there is that but it doesn’t seem to stop the fringe leftists which sadly is becoming less and less fringe in number, but increasingly crazy.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Well, one thing is sure: The Dims (no typo) can no longer use the 'no one wants to take your guns away' line....:dogkeke::bowrofl:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I know I wonder what percentage of the Guard/LEO would follow through with an order to confiscate guns from law abiding citizens? I curious if there were any that refused during Katrina? Looked like they were not apprehensive about it then. I honestly believe the majority would not question the order. But that’s just based on past actions already taken. I just hope they also fill in every swimming pool in America to save lives. It’s for the children you know.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I know I wonder what percentage of the Guard/LEO would follow through with an order to confiscate guns from law abiding citizens? I curious if there were any that refused during Katrina? Looked like they were not apprehensive about it then. I honestly believe the majority would not question the order. But that’s just based on past actions already taken. I just hope they also fill in every swimming pool in America to save lives. It’s for the children you know.

Yes, Some refused to take away firearms

The bulk of La. Ntl guard was in Iraq guarding bridges into Fallujah while Marines killed anything that moved.

Think it was actually New Yark police that roughed up grandmaw....Or something along those lines

Last edited:

RM Holsters

Aware
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    If memory serves me; the reason for the gun confiscation in and out of N.O. was because some of the less dignified were opening fire on the people trying to help them. Some used the crisis and chaos to settle old scores or to get street cred without fear of jail. This all proved exactly has been said over and over, the most gun confiscation came to innocent people trying to protect their home or property, in the name of safety. (insert bullsh*t cough here) I was not there, but it looked like National Guard, NOPD, State Police were targeting the easiest, weakest and the ones not willing to put up a fight for their weapons. These people are the ones we read about.

Virginia has multiple militia's planning rallies on January 20th. Some armed some not. All the ingredients are going to be there for a fight. Hope this doesn't give the anti's any more ammo for their side.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    If memory serves me; the reason for the gun confiscation in and out of N.O. was because some of the less dignified were opening fire on the people trying to help them. Some used the crisis and chaos to settle old scores or to get street cred without fear of jail. This all proved exactly has been said over and over, the most gun confiscation came to innocent people trying to protect their home or property, in the name of safety. (insert bullsh*t cough here) I was not there, but it looked like National Guard, NOPD, State Police were targeting the easiest, weakest and the ones not willing to put up a fight for their weapons. These people are the ones we read about.

Virginia has multiple militia's planning rallies on January 20th. Some armed some not. All the ingredients are going to be there for a fight. Hope this doesn't give the anti's any more ammo for their side.

WTF? The ANTI's don't need anymore of anything other than a lot of projectiles coming their way!!!

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    The law enforcement that did take part in the post Katrina gun grab most likely still don’t realize how lucky they were during those few days.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Apple cider vinegarOTR
    Top Bottom