Virginia may be the place..

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Couple vids with some good common sense eyebrow lifting statements. History repeats itself to a point and this kinda stuff is very similar to how we got into a civil war over a century ago. I’m sure it would be a lot different today, but I can see something getting close and it very well could start in Virginia. Say what you think and why.

https://youtu.be/-9vpC7cygXQ

https://youtu.be/Ha9Wx6R-P0I

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    https://youtu.be/LiuqkEag57Y

I wasn’t all that worried when it was DC, then New York and a few of them super yankee north east corner of the country states... but now Virginia. That’s kinda getting close. Now I’m thinking, if they cross the Mason-Dixon Line maybe I’ll really get worried. I mean, they’re not even to Tennessee yet.

Last edited:

El Pozzinator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Denham springs LA
    That was a major point in the last several elections when one side was talking about popular votes and the other side was talking about electoral college (especially when some representatives pledged their electoral votes before the general election). Were it not for the electoral college ensuring equal representation among areas within regions, either side could carry national elections by simply winning the dozen largest urban areas in the country.

Happens every election in my native PA: Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, and Harrisburg metro counties bury the rest of the state because more people live in those 3 counties than the rest of the state combined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    AG just threatened to use the National Guard to confiscate citizens weapons! I have been following this closely. This will not end well.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Dang. I knew we had a POS att general on a national level but dang.
    Their rep Connolly says the LEO’s swore to uphold the laws and blah blah, but he needs to be educated on the oath they actually take. No state law supersedes the US Constitution.
    Ya know, I keep hearing people reply to rhetoric like this and talk about civil war is imminent. I think the more accurate term here is Revolution.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    They did it in NO during Katrina. Why wouldn’t they?
    How many gun owners did they have to face in NOLA at the time tho? And under what circumstances? Gotta admit it will be a little different on the average day when their stops won’t be so few and far between. If they start going door to door it will be an attack on the American people and there will be fatalities on both sides. Not saying that will stop them from doing it. They’ve committed quite a few atrocities in my day. They won’t surprise me.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I agree. I just cringe when I hear, *they will never do that*. There are many willing to follow orders. If they don’t there are many waiting in line who will. I pray we never see it and this foolish talk is stopped. But if it does our nation will never be the same.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Virginia is really two states.

The DC suburbs are every bit as liberal as New York City and San Francisco. It's a *very* densely populated area, but geographically small.

Most of the rest of Virginia (outside of a few liberal-ish areas like Charlottesville, Richmond and Roanoke) is solidly Republican and conservative. As evidenced by the fact that upwards of 85 counties in Virginia have no declared themselves second amendment sanctuary counties.

What the Democrats are doing is actually a gift to Republicans. All of this posturing and gesturing is just to get gun owners riled up ... what gun owners need to do is chill out and let them pass their legislation (including, in my opinion, a prohibition on owning "assault rifles"). Then, when the Democrats realize that this is unenforceable and a danger to law enforcement, they'll be forced to backpedal on their own crap.

It sucks that Virginia has to be the test bed for this, but it had to happen somewhere.

AWB compliance rates in New York State and Connecticut are currently estimated in the low two digit percentage ... which means that there's a huge silent army of gun owners (and sheriffs and police chiefs and officers) that are simply waiting this nonsense out.

And, if Northam is actually stupid enough to nationalize the guard, then the Republicans will have been handed a fundraising gift from heaven. The next election would be the Republicans' to have, assuming they're smart enough to play this correctly.

Mike

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Y'all know, of course, that the National Guard members themselves probably have 'Assault Firearms', by their definition. They too are residents, with neighbors, relatives and friends.

They, too, took an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States. Against all enemies, both foreign and domestic.

The same oath, basically, that these Sheriffs are quoting in their defense.

What are they gonna do if the Guard tells them to go pound sand?

Will there be descent in the ranks of the No Go's?

Will there be MRAPS on the Capitol Steps?

Last edited:

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    Y'all know, of course, that the National Guard members themselves probably have 'Assault Firearms', by their definition. They too are residents, with neighbors, relatives and friends.

They, too, took an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States. Against all enemies, both foreign and domestic.

The same oath, basically, that these Sheriffs are quoting in their defense.

What are they gonna do if the Guard tells them to go pound sand?

Will there be descent in the ranks of the No Go's?

Will there be MRAPS on the Capitol Steps?

In theory shouldn't the National Guard remove the overlords from office for violating our Constitutional rights?
    Think about it, you are in a guard unit that happens to be ordered to a house that is a relative of one of the guard members and ordered to seize said firearms and the relative says over my dead body, how is that going to play out? Brother against brother, we did that 145 years ago!

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    d822339d1a43e8ce646424567eae73b8.jpg

These threads never disappoint. Sorry to be a Debbie downer but I don’t think y’all will be battling the government anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom