Curious about PSA? *Click here*

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Did you know PSA builds a fine AK47?
    Did you know they’re planning a MP5 clone? (Planned $1200 price point and lifetime warranty)
    This is a good in-house video that might shed a little light on who PSA is and what they can do and why they’ve got such a big fan base.

https://youtu.be/XqwFQ1903tg

Last edited:

hkump

Rating - 100%
    314   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Covington, LA
    Yes, PSA has always had great quality products at a very fair price. I've owned probably 10 PSA AR-15s and they've never failed. Great company. I'd buy from them anytime.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Yes, PSA has always had great quality products at a very fair price. I've owned probably 10 PSA AR-15s and they've never failed. Great company. I'd buy from them anytime.

2nd! Have dealt with them for years. They are a great company with quality in-house products and really good sales of outside products sometimes.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

I've had multiple parts from PSA fail, but I have not tried everything they have ever made. :dunno:

They have had issues in the past, mostly QC slips.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1PWfRZADvl/

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

2nd! Have dealt with them for years. They are a great company with quality in-house products and really good sales of outside products sometimes.
    I feel the same. Real pleased to see them going head long into the AK market and now working on the MP clone. Exciting times ahead.

FordSVT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2019
    New Orleans, La
    How would you compare PSA and BCM?
    Not trying to stir the pot, I’ve been considering a BCM recce, but have had PSA recommended as an alternative.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Not trying to stir the pot, I’ve been considering a BCM recce, but have had PSA recommended as an alternative.

Ford Lightning vs Ford Ranger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    Back in 2018, Bear Creek Arsenal gave away a bunch of AR barrels to Vets for the cost of shipping, so I said what the heck and picked one up (16" 223 Wylde chamber). I went through my spare parts and only needed three parts (stripped upper, gas tube, low profile gas block) and built up the rifle. With good reload 69 grain ammo, the damn thing will put five shots into the same boolit splat on the steel target at 120 yards (I heard five pings so they all were hits)! And that was with a standard trigger. I is impressed! I've since blessed it with a 3.5 lb CMC trigger, and bought two complete uppers, one in 5.56 and one 300 Blackout and have been very happy. In the last week the Blackout has reduced a hog, a pesky raccoon, and two beavers. You might want to add them to your consideration.

Last edited:

Ninja Defender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2019
    Baton Rouge, LA
    PSA has good customer service. If you have an issue, they will take care of you. Buy with confidence.

I am resisting the urge to get a second one. It's been tough with all of the deals.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I’ve used a lot of BCM parts over the years but never had a complete BCM rifle. Their parts are pretty for sure. As far as the bones and guts of the rifle, PSA is quality that some diehard DD and Colt fans hate to admit. I started with Colt and Armalite around 1980, then also started using Eagle and Olympic Arms and the market prolly lit up with lots of others into the late 90’s. PSA started slow and kept good mil spec build parts and I’ve used their stuff for quite a while now. I’d put their best rifles (with the FN CHF barrel, premium BCG, etc) up against any other for durability and dependability. I’ll likely get eye rolled for that remark, but it’s hard to argue with the thousands of rounds some of mine have seen. The only rifles they ever sold that I consider less than quality were the P-Tac line. Budget junk in my opinion.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I’ve used a lot of BCM parts over the years but never had a complete BCM rifle. Their parts are pretty for sure. As far as the bones and guts of the rifle, PSA is quality that some diehard DD and Colt fans hate to admit. I started with Colt and Armalite around 1980, then also started using Eagle and Olympic Arms and the market prolly lit up with lots of others into the late 90’s. PSA started slow and kept good mil spec build parts and I’ve used their stuff for quite a while now. I’d put their best rifles (with the FN CHF barrel, premium BCG, etc) up against any other for durability and dependability. I’ll likely get eye rolled for that remark, but it’s hard to argue with the thousands of rounds some of mine have seen. The only rifles they ever sold that I consider less than quality were the P-Tac line. Budget junk in my opinion.

Something something Dunning Kruger

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Eyes rolling as I type this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I like how PSA repair center looks alot like my hobby room. A farking disaster with stuff everywhere.

I also like how it got about 3 seconds of airtime in the video...

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Also looks like they found out how expensive hk roller guns are. I wonder if they should bring in Ole Todd Bailey from Special Weapons to oversee the production!!!!!!

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    No i was not Curious about PSA. But since this thread i looked at the website.
    And ordered up a complete lower.
    Itbis just for a,dedicated 22lr AR-15 and is,all Magpul. I paid for a better trigger group and good hand grip as,well as a very good stock.
    I guess i will have someone who really knows AR-15s good look it over.
    For the cost i could not pass it up.
    If not gor this thread i would not have purchased it.
    So thanks.

Top Bottom