Hello All

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boston1809

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2019
    New Orleans, LA
    Hey everyone, happy to finally post an intro after lurking for quite a while.

I keep browsing this site hoping to find someplace near New Orleans to shoot longer range (300 to 500 yards for starters) rifle. I've read a few of the threads on the topic, but we just don't have anything like Ben Avery out in Phoenix, which is one of my favorite ranges. I also enjoy all shotgun sports (except skeet, I just can't get the hang of it!), and try to get to the pistol range once a month or so.

Living in Uptown New Orleans, there doesn't seem to be anything super close, although I've tried most of the indoor ranges around here. I will say, since I travel a lot for work, I appreciate the fact that we can shoot outdoors here year round! I just need to find some good places. I'm considering heading down to Southern Shooting Center at some point, I just have to make the time for the hour plus drive.

Thanks!

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Welcome from St. Bernard.

St. Bernard Shooting Range is a good indoor shooting range. If you want to travel a bit further, Honey Island shooting range is my favorite "go-to" outdoor range. I am right outside of New Orleans, and it takes me 35-40mins to get there but it's worth the trip.

I have the benefit of being in the swamp so, pretty much just walk out the back door to shoot lol.
    I'm in the process of buying 24 acres "down da road" and a couple shooting ranges are definitely going to be on the land.

Welcome to the site! Lots of knowledgable people here.

Boston1809

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2019
    New Orleans, LA
    Thanks to everyone for all the kind words and advice! I think I'm going to try either Souther Shooting Center or FTS in the near future. I should probably head over to Honey Island at some point too. St Bernard is one of my go-to indoor ranges, they do a great job.

jneubig

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Dec 19, 2015
    Houma
    Welcome from Houma. I go to Southern quite a bit. Really enjoy my time there. The owner and I have been friends since 1979

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom