No Favorite Beer

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    My dad made wine with seasonal fruits few times a,year. The waiting that to be even ok to drink was not for me. Year's ago a place called the BrewHaHa got a leak or broken pipe. I did the Estamate and started buying raw items to make beer up. This was pre internet. They had a manual metal grinder but took the handle off on put a Drill on it. Sold in bulk or by pound. I still have one bottle of dad's last wine Strawberry.

What are you even talking about?

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    When i 1st started made dark with the roasted garins as dark as coffee. Like the Abita Beer. Then my wife wanted things for her and her friends so made seasonal things like Samuel Adams does with fruits. The last batch I ever made was a,dark beer and added cooking chocolate I hated it but the ladies liked it.
    1 or 2 beers of any kind that is ice cold with boiled seafood or raw oysters. I could care less. It could be Pabst Blue Ribbon or Schlitz do they still make them?
    The sadist beer I ever saw was we worked in a man's home who passed away. He out lived his kids. And only a few came to see him. They came by to make sure he had his meds and meals. I was told he always offered them a beer to be nice. When he passed they had a six pack of Jax in there. We all took one can. I gave one to the owner if the place i worked at. And one night my boss grabbed the one off his mantel instead of the one he was going to drink and drank it. He drank like half or so and we saw what he did. He insured us it was fine and drank the rest :rofl:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I’ve seen a lot of folks get canned for a lot of reasons, but a disagreement over beer is a first.

So he got canned over beer...

To be fair to the mods he likely got canned for being overly argumentative and publicly denigrating a moderate. Dave_M or whatever other alias he may prefer was kind of growing on me. Plus he and I both seem to enjoy debate, although he seems to become overly combative rather quickly, it still made for free entertainment. Maybe he will re-sawn or they will let him out the penalty box.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I think you’re missing the *beer can* joke in there. I know he wasn’t banned for not liking Heineken.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Yeah, I wasn’t making a statement on if it was justified or not, if I agreed with it or not, it was just too hard to pass up the beer canned joke.

gemihur

Newbus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2018
    Roanoke, VA
    The wife likes ciders... Bold Rock
    I like Porters
    Guiness is fine by me

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Picked up some S'mores Shiner beer this weekend...was actually pretty okay if you are into that kind of thing.

BrandonPle

Gunlover
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Watson
    I drink the blood of my enemies from their skull then wash it down with bacon and a 5 th of Jack ! Cause that's what real Americans do !!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Well I’m not one who turns down cold beer, but that’s not even on my radar as a possible purchase. That’s why baskin robins is still in business though.

I like trying new and different things. We had a few friends in town for NYE and I figured that between all of us, we could put down a 12 pack of it if it was good...or leave it at the party we were going to if it was bad. All 12 got finished, so I guess all of us liked it.

Another beer that I brought for the weekend is Breckenridge Brewery's Vanilla Porter, which is one of my favorite porters. Would definitely recommend trying it if you can find it.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    World market used to have a make your own 6 pack from a pretty decent sized selection of brews and ales from around the globe for a buck a beer. I’ve found a few good beers that way. My DNA leans toward German Lagers but it’s nice to have a couple variety packs to see what’s what. As much as I don’t like Corona, I didn’t see myself drinking anything that even remotely hinted at south of the border, until I tried a Modello. Same thing with Yuengling, lol. First time I had one offered I took it thinking it would have a stir-fry aftertaste (I had no idea they were the oldest American Brewery still in business) but tried it anyway. Now I can’t stay away.
    Does anyone know if World Market still does that? I’d like to go take another tour.
    Otherwise, if nobody within easy travel of the Abita Brewery has been, you owe it to yourself to go take the tour or just hang out and sample their beers. They’re not always brewing all their stuff so it’s a gamble on what you’ll get but they have a very wide variety, and I don’t just mean the number of different beers. The brews are worlds apart. If you can’t find one that does it for you, beer is not your thing.

Top Bottom