No Favorite Beer

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beau Etienne

Take a Card. Any Card.
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    I find it hard to pick a favorite anything.
    I'm emptying the trash from the back deck today and it seems that although I have no favorite beer, the following empty bottles are a testament to what has served my guests and I well over the past two weeks.
    Abita Amber, Abita The Boot, Parish Canebreak, Sam Adams Winter Lager, Stella, Bayou Teche Ragin' Cajuns Ale and Bayou Teche Swamp Thing.
    What are your non-favorites?

Last edited:

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    been so long since my last tasting that I can"t say... have two in the fridge that have been in there almost 1 1/2yrs..... should be well aged by now.............................................. drill sgt.

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I’ve had some stouts, lagers, and some seasonal brews the last couple weeks. Some were better than others, but all were drinkable. We like to try different beers, but when the pizza hits the table at Red Zepplins there will be a cold Andy Gator right next to it. Hail to the beer lovers !!!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    In my fridge currently:
    Shiner Holiday, Blue Moon Pumpkin Wheat, Mic Ultra, Corona, Founders, and I think a few random beers aged in bourbon barrels and a few aged in scotch barrels.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    For summer I have Leinenkugel's summer shandy and Abita Purple haze on hand. Also, like Shiner Ruby Red when I can get it.

Winter, I like Hefeinweizens and other cloudy wheat beers without the fruity notes.

I like Pacifico as well.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I find it hard to pick a favorite anything.
    I'm emptying the trash from the back deck today and it seems that although I have no favorite beer, the following empty bottles are a testament to what has served my guests and I well over the past two weeks.
    Abita Amber, Abita The Boot, Parish Canebreak, Sam Adams Winter Lager, Stella, Bayou Teche Ragin' Cajuns Ale and Bayou Teche Swamp Thing.
    What are your non-favorites?

Sounds like a gathering of ''Yuppies''.....But I could be wrong?

lol....

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Yuengling, Modelo, and Abita are the staples in my fridge. I’m the guy who danced on the table when Yuengling was finally introduced into Louisiana and I didn’t feel like a rum runner every time I took a quick trip to Florida...
    But if I had to pick a favorite beer, I’d say bourbon. Cheers.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I was a bartender many many years ago, I like almost all types lagers, ales, stouts, pilsners, but my favorite has always been the cold beer someone else gives me.

Last edited:

El Pozzinator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Denham springs LA
    Anything dark from Arrogant Bastard, Stone (Ruination IPA), Sam Adams (Worldwide Stout), Rogue (Dead Guy Ale or Shakespeare Stout). But on the incredibly rare occasion when I go on a fire-for-effect mission, it’s Yuengling Lager.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Not a huge beer drinker but... (I prefer bourbon...)
    A friend of ours hosted a beer tasting party. He supplied food, everyone invited had to bring two unusual six packs. He had about 50 people in the back yard, so that's about 100 different beers. He divided them up by country of origin in previously arranged ice chests with tables out set with shot glass sized disposable cups. I guess I tried about 50 different beers that night- Bier 33 from Vietnam stands out for some reason. Fun night.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I am a non drinker. Also non smoker and do not gamble. I did drink 2 long neck buds with some seafood this year. Was,really 1 plus,some butt hated to waste the rest so drank the,rest of #2.
    It was cold and it was beer. I have drank hot beer as well. They had some For_in guys I drunk with before who put, hot poker in the beer to heat it up. They were real crazy drinkers

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I am a non drinker. Also non smoker and do not gamble. I did drink 2 long neck buds with some seafood this year. Was,really 1 plus,some butt hated to waste the rest so drank the,rest of #2.
    It was cold and it was beer. I have drank hot beer as well. They had some For_in guys I drunk with before who put, hot poker in the beer to heat it up. They were real crazy drinkers

:eek5:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John1994
    Top Bottom