Is BR PO that BAD!!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoggin357

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Iowa,La.
    Im a ways away from most members on here.I spend plenty on gun parts,,etc..
    But it seems every time I msg someone and say ,can you ship? They just play
    dumb or don't msg back at all or even just say,Id rather not.

Seriously ,Is the NO,,BR PO's that bad.I mail daily,,sometimes to usa,sometimes
    to china,,germany,japan,etc..Ive never stood in a po line more than 3 minutes,
    ever.And now days UPS or fedex picks it up off your front porch for free!!!

I asked a guy a few days back,I said: "So you would rather drive 30 miles,meet
    some stranger that may kill you and spend $25 in gas,,get a flat and possibly
    break down". The individual answered,"Id rather get a flat and be stuck on hwy
    10 rather than ship.

SERIOUSLY?????

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I personally wouldn't buy anything from an out-of-state user unless it was a rare firearm or a very high-quality rifle. If that was the case, I'd work with an attorney and get him and the seller's FFL to work together to make sure that I got the firearm sent across state lines and that money isn't transferred until conditions are met.

There is just too much of a risk of sending someone money and never getting anything back.

Also, please don't take offense, but look at your post: Terrible formatting, poor grammar, and a general lack of proofreading. This is something common of scammers from other countries. I don't think that's the case with you, but I can certainly see how it would worry others. If you clean up your posts, you might have a slightly better chance, but I imagine that most users just don't want to take the risk of buying/selling across state lines and dealing with the transfer of money or the 'he said/she said.'

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    To add, it's much more likely that someone will scam you over the internet than getting (insert negative verb) in person.

hoggin357

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Iowa,La.
    I'm in Louisiana lol.. I'm 128 miles away from BR,,NO area.And no one said
    anything about shipping a firearm.I mean just parts,etc...

You send money across state lines on something every time you buy online.
    And if you do ,as I do,send through paypal.Your guaranteed to get your money
    back,If something goes wrong.

So don't trust anyone ever again on this site to be honest? Seriously ?I thought
    we had a better group on here,but ok lol

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

So don't trust anyone ever again on this site to be honest? Seriously ?I thought

Your location says Iowa.

There's a big different between buying something in an online portal and buying from an individual. Most people who use PayPal want it sent via frends/family as well, which voids the getting your money back part.

It's not necessarily a lack of trust, it's just an unnecessary risk.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Your location says Iowa.

There's a big different between buying something in an online portal and buying from an individual. Most people who use PayPal want it sent via frends/family as well, which voids the getting your money back part.

It's not necessarily a lack of trust, it's just an unnecessary risk.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iowa,_Louisiana

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I must be the one in a million person who has bought from every online forum that deals with gun parts, rc car parts, and motorcycle parts and not had a single time that I did not recieve what I paid for. I did recently have to wait 2 months for a guy in California to ship me some parts, but he did keep up good communication so I guess it worked out.

I have paid via PayPal, sent usps money orders and even mailed cash... not much cash mailed, but it did get there.

To the OP, if you want anything I have for sale in the marketplace I am more than happy to mail it. I have a USPS, ups, and FedEx acct and i mail usps priority from my desk daily... I sell used car parts so I ship alot.

I would rather ship than meet, if possible. My schedule is always full. No idea why people dont like shipping.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

We do have a great group here. I just paypal'd someone on here for an item and he's going to drop it in the mail soon. He's been on here for almost 7 years and has over 1200 posts on here. I'm a mod on here with 2700 posts. You're a newcomer and relatively unknown. You picked a screen name that protects your anonymity on here. It's not personal but it's unreasonable to expect everyone here to trust you just because you are here and have a few posts.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I must be the one in a million person who has bought from every online forum that deals with gun parts, rc car parts, and motorcycle parts and not had a single time that I did not recieve what I paid for. I did recently have to wait 2 months for a guy in California to ship me some parts, but he did keep up good communication so I guess it worked out.

I have paid via PayPal, sent usps money orders and even mailed cash... not much cash mailed, but it did get there.

To the OP, if you want anything I have for sale in the marketplace I am more than happy to mail it. I have a USPS, ups, and FedEx acct and i mail usps priority from my desk daily... I sell used car parts so I ship alot.

I would rather ship than meet, if possible. My schedule is always full. No idea why people dont like shipping.

I hate shipping. I don't ship on the regular so I don't keep shipping materials on hand. To ship, I've got to make an extra trip to the post office. I've offered shipping as an option in a couple of my ads but it would be an extra $25 to cover my time and the shipping costs.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    I don't mind shipping. I pass in front of the post office almost every day. You have to know when their busy times are. The PO box mail is ready for 10:00am, so all the business people are there picking up mail. Go early when they first open, or wait until late afternoon.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    I have shipped before but just to established members.
    A long time back I bought a Milt Sparks holster for my HK USP Compact and the guy didn’t ship.
    Tried contacting him several times and just gave up finally.
    About a month later I wrote a message telling him that he could keep my money and how sad it was that he was willing to sell out his personal integrity for $100.
    The holster arrived a week later.
    I was quite surprised.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I've had several purchases shipped from users on here, but I like to see at least a handful of + feedback for that user before I trust them.

Here's a question for you. Would you ship it to me and let me pay toy for it once I get the item? That would be an option for me, if you are a newbie.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Some people are lazy.

Some people don't want you to see their home address, cuz persec.

I don't mind shipping, but if a seller won't ship, that's on them.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You or they could ship things C.O.D. Collect? It costs more, but you may get more takers.

Change your location to indicate Iowa is actually in Louisiana. Even so, you aren't exactly a stones throw away from anywhere! :mamoru:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You or they could ship things C.O.D. Collect? It costs more, but you may get more takers.

Change your location to indicate Iowa is actually in Louisiana. Even so, you aren't exactly a stones throw away from anywhere! :mamoru:

With the exception of about 2996 people (based on the 2010 census), the state is the first thing people think of when they see Iowa written by itself. If you really wanted to avoid confusion, you could just use Lake Charles. I'd be willing to bet almost all of the people here know Lake Charles in in the southwest part of the state and 80-90% of the people here had to google Iowa, Louisiana to know where it was.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I am just down the road from Iowa, LA and from seeing his location even I thought it was Iowa the state. We do have some members on here who are not in LA so adding the LA identifier to Iowa makes sense.

xxBERGxx

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It's hard to trust newer members on here especially with mailing something. I recently bought an Armalite AR 30 from a new member on this forum. When we met he said he forgot a piece of the rifle (cheek riser) and he would mail it to me. That was over 3 weeks ago and he won't returm my pm's, texts, or phone calls.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    It's hard to trust newer members on here especially with mailing something. I recently bought an Armalite AR 30 from a new member on this forum. When we met he said he forgot a piece of the rifle (cheek riser) and he would mail it to me. That was over 3 weeks ago and he won't returm my pm's, texts, or phone calls.

I've had some people do that to me. They forgot a holster or additional item they promised with sale and said they would mail it. A couple did and a couple didn't....

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker

Not a rifle or a new member but I had the same issue with a member from the Hammond area last month and never received the parts I paid for.

Top Bottom