Is BR PO that BAD!!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoggin357

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Iowa,La.
    Ok, I changed it to IOWA,La. That is hwy I put a small i,but I guess I'm supposed to know
    where rivers edge and south of the bayou is lol..

I have bought many things on here from people.Most don't want to give feedback I guess.

Anyway,I just wanted a few personal reasons why the new millennial's don't ship.
    Scared,crying over having to go to PO,ashamed of or running from something to give me
    their addy. I understand,Ill try not to hurt any ones wittle feelings.I forget were in a new
    society.I'm just an old feller trying to keep collecting parts.

Thanks for being honest everyone,I appreciate the info!!!

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Ok, I changed it to IOWA,La. That is hwy I put a small i,but I guess I'm supposed to know where
    rivers edge and south of the bayou is lol..

Anyway,I just wanted a few personal reasons why the new millennial's don't ship.
    Scared,crying over having to go to PO,ashamed of or running from something to give me their
    addy. I understand,Ill try not to hurt any ones wittle feelings.I forget were in a new society.
    I'm just an old feller trying to keep collecting parts.

Thanks for being honest everyone,I appreciate the info!!!

New millenials? You think it's limited to 30 somethings? Some of the old farts around here get angry, because stamps cost more than a penny.

My PO added a self service kiosk. It's the greatest thing ever. I can ship anything I want and don't even have to deal with anyone.

Last edited:

hoggin357

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Iowa,La.
    I'm 78,so I get that too lol. I remember when gas was 42 cents a gallon gosh dernit.

I guess because I mail a lot,I expect it from others.Ill be more advertent from now
    on:)

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Anything of value will require a signature. It's better than insurance.

Face to Face, Paid in Full. He left some parts at home and said he would mail them to me. He lied and never mailed the parts after telling me several times he would.

Feedback posted today. First time to post Negative Feedback for anyone on this forum.

Last edited:

Sig220

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2014
    Bridge City,TX
    I live in TX and even I know where Iowa is......LA that is. But then again, I deer hunt not far from the only stop sign in Quebec, LA. :)

I do all kinds of buying and trading both in person and by shipping. Drove up to Ennis, TX to meet a guy at a BBQ place for lunch and bought a bunch of reloading stuff. Have also driven to Baton Rouge to meet a couple of guys to buy some stuff I wanted. All of the guys I have had deals with were great guys! If I ship, I almost always ship Priority as it gives tracking but in general think the USPS sucks.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I got screwed once on here by a active member that a few people knew.
    Close to Christmas and he wanted a new BX25x2 mag that I had for his kid. Asked me to send it rush so it would make it on time. I agreed to send it and just wait on the M.O. because of his request and because he was active here and actually had a few friends. He disappeared, never paid, never answered PM’s. Truthfully, if I lost 25 bucks to run his sorry ass off and make him feel so unwelcome that he won’t bother anyone here again, money well spent. But I rarely will go out of my way for a screen name that I don’t know personally now. I know we have a NOLA here, this guy’s screen name was similar. nola_. I just know he’s no longer here. I sent PM’s to his friends to ask about him but nobody would say. I just left feedback to reflect his poor character. I don’t miss the mag, but I resent the action.
    Yeah, wait for payment, I know. But I took a risk for a kid or so I thought.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I got screwed once on here by a active member that a few people knew.
    Close to Christmas and he wanted a new BX25x2 mag that I had for his kid. Asked me to send it rush so it would make it on time. I agreed to send it and just wait on the M.O. because of his request and because he was active here and actually had a few friends. He disappeared, never paid, never answered PM’s. Truthfully, if I lost 25 bucks to run his sorry ass off and make him feel so unwelcome that he won’t bother anyone here again, money well spent. But I rarely will go out of my way for a screen name that I don’t know personally now. I know we have a NOLA here, this guy’s screen name was similar. Nola shooter maybe? Not sure, I just know he’s no longer here. I sent PM’s to his friends to ask about him but nobody would say. I just left feedback to reflect his poor character. I don’t miss the mag, but I resent the action.
    Yeah, wait for payment, I know. But I took a risk for a kid or so I thought.

Did you report the transaction? We generally ban people who do these things.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    And please leave bad feedback for these guys. I always check their feedback before buying or selling. One bad review might not be enough to kill a transaction, but it would at least alert us to be a little cautious with any promises they might make.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    And please leave bad feedback for these guys. I always check their feedback before buying or selling. One bad review might not be enough to kill a transaction, but it would at least alert us to be a little cautious with any promises they might make.

Feedback Posted.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    My one grandfather God rest his soul had a 6th grade education. He quit school to take care of his family and work in the coal mines. (I’m originally from Pennsylvania) So I’m sympathetic towards older people who have little grammar or spelling abilities.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Personally, I've done a fair amount of horse trading on the interwebs.

I always insist on using Postal Money Orders. Both ways.

I receive the M.O. then I mail the item.

Same way the other way.

If someone rips you off, sick the Postal Inspectors on them, and it's a federal beef.

I've never had an issue.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Personally, I've done a fair amount of horse trading on the interwebs.

I always insist on using Postal Money Orders. Both ways.

I receive the M.O. then I mail the item.

Same way the other way.

If someone rips you off, sick the Postal Inspectors on them, and it's a federal beef.

I've never had an issue.

USPS once lost a package I had insured for $550 and never found it. I had to refund the buyer and never got refunded by USPS.
    The package left Walker and never made it to Baton Rouge. I lost $550 plus cost of insurance.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    USPS once lost a package I had insured for $550 and never found it. I had to refund the buyer and never got refunded by USPS.
    The package left Walker and never made it to Baton Rouge. I lost $550 plus cost of insurance.

Your not the first person I’ve heard this from, Recouping money from USPS is easier said than done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

alecgreen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    I probably buy more guns than most people. Gun parts I always order from manufacturer rather than a 3rd party. I make a call to Colt or whomever to make sure my serial matches the part I want. In any case I'd rather drive to get what I want if the drive is within reason, rather than wait on a shipment. I'm like most when I decide what I want I want it now. If it's more than a 2 hour drive just ship it.
    I always carry and so dont worry about getting robbed or anything. If someone wants to risk their life trying to rob me that's their stupid mistake but you gotta realize they know they're doing business with someone familiar with firearms so the chances you'll be robbed are slim. It all comes down to a matter of convenience. It's what each individual finds worth while. I live in the Lafayette area. A little while ago I drove to the Microsoft store at the Metairie Mall to look at a Surface Pro. Then ended up not buying it. But I also drove to New Orleans to buy an XDM from a guy earlier this year. Just a matter of convenience. And yeah most dont want to wait in a post office line to ship something.

Sig220

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2014
    Bridge City,TX
    I don't care for USPS money orders much either. The post office never has the money to cash them and the bank usually holds till they clear. When I saw they have a USPS M O verification number (that takes forever to get a answer) it resulted in less confidence in them. The rest of my problems with USPS is a local thing, they will mark a package as "hold at customer request" when they never came by the mail box. A couple of times it was out for delivery and they drove past my mail box.....I caught up with them down the road....in general the delivery sucks here.

Last time I drove through Transylvania the bat was still on the water tower :) I rarely go up that way anymore since they opened the Doe's steakhouse in Monroe, but still think the Greenville, MS location (original) has the best tasting steak!

hoggin357

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Iowa,La.
    So on this board its ,your first in line if the owner feels good that day
    and his wife hasn't slapped him or his dog didn't die that day.

Here is perfect example.Wanted that 308 upper on here.Great great
    price.The bcg costs as much as he was selling it for.But since I offered
    3 days before anyone else ,i was last. Because I lived 128 miles away.

If I did what a lot do on here,in that perspective,,I would have quit the
    gun fun 45 years ago.Plus I wouldn't have made the connects I have.

Ive had people 500 miles away,hold things for me,with a deposit of course
    probably a 100 times or more.

I guess I just thought more of people on this board,but I am learning fast,
    buy close,pay more,take chance of getting shot,vehicle breaking down,wasting
    gas and acting foolish:(

Jus sayin!!!!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom