New to suppressors

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hothand

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2009
    Garland, LA.
    Please view and tell me this is normal on brand new suppressor received today after test fire.

Attachments

• A9BB524D-E340-4391-AA79-9589819EAF4A.jpg
      A9BB524D-E340-4391-AA79-9589819EAF4A.jpg
      67.1 KB · Views: 449

MTx11B

Combat Vet
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    NOLA
    Most do have vent holes machined into baffles, this could be a factory that didn't get machined out all the way or it could be a defect, sadly this would be a manufacturer question and would require more information to know if your particular suppressor is made this way. Either way I think it's going to be a QC issue on the makers part.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    That looks like they were punching holes in the baffles and that hole didn't punch clean. Call them, because I would immediately stop shooting with that suppressor until it is fixed.

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    As stated above, I strongly suggest stop using this until corrected. The hole in the picture appears to be a cross-drilled hole that was not deburred and the burr material could unattach and become a bullet path obstruction. The manufacturer should be made aware of this issue and make it right. Inspect for any other mistakes. I'm no expert, just my observations from here.

MGshooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Denham Springs
    It's a side vent hole that got missed in the deburing process ( the radial vent holes next to the threads in the attached pic ). It can be broken off easily enough with anything that will reach in there , or if you want to stop by we'd be happy to fix it for you . Those are the worst burrs for folding over and getting missed . Sorry it did . I've not seen any adverse issues from them but it's better to be safe than sorry on things like these , warranty would cover it if something was to happen. We'd be happy to send a label to ship it so we can give it a look over if you'd like if you wish to go that route as well .

IMG_5544-500x500.JPG

Hothand

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2009
    Garland, LA.
    Please contact me about Akly's suppressors prior to purchase or look at BBB reviews. In the above post I was told to go ahead and use it like that it'll come out no worries. they then got po and said just bring it back and we'll refund you. sure after waiting a year. mind you I purchased 3 suppressors all at the same time.

now ordered the part for carbines since the 9mm can was set up for a glock…..man o man still waiting more and more excuses

Please let me tell you my story

Last edited:

Hothand

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2009
    Garland, LA.
    Please contact me about Akly's suppressors prior to purchase or look at BBB reviews. In the above post I was told to go ahead and use it like that it'll come out no worries. they then got po and said just bring it back and we'll refund you. sure after waiting a year. mind you I purchased 3 suppressors all at the same time.

now ordered the part for carbines since the 9mm can was set up for a glock…..man o man still waiting more and more excuses

Please let me tell you my story...

anyone?

Last edited:

Hothand

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2009
    Garland, LA.

Please let me tell you my story

How long does it take a package mailed from mammoth drive to Bunkie? well my part has been mailed three times by Joe and Dennis 31 days later still nothing. Dennis and Joe each use different excuses. Dennis lies to me and Joe lies to my wife, who is friends with him...Buyer beware.

- - - Updated - - -

How long does it take a package mailed from mammoth drive to Bunkie? well my part has been mailed three times by Joe and Dennis 31 days later still nothing. Dennis and Joe each use different excuses. Dennis lies to me and Joe lies to my wife, who is friends with him...Buyer beware.

Hothand

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2009
    Garland, LA.
    yep that's the only thing I want. $69 for part $10 postage and 31 days later with multiple excuse nothing. This is after " it's in the mail" 3 times.

Last edited:

D.A.C.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    Dennis here. Hothand, I personally packed your package and Joe mailed it right after your order. It bounced back a few weeks later. I sent it out again last week. However, how are we responsible for this issue when you keyed in your address wrong with your online order and left off the HWY and HWY number?
    All of your outrage and posts and rants could have simple been avoided if you would've provided the correct address in the beginning. I'll FedEx you another adapter ASAP. This will make 3 shipping charges we've accrued.

I suggest you change your name to "Hothead" instead of "Hothand".

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I've done plenty of business with Aklys and Meaux Guns because I like dealing with local shops. My experiences have been positive.

They helped me build this sexy beast not long ago....

MOJO@AKLYS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    B.R.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't normally bother nor care the thoughts of a fired customer so I typically only reply by offering a solution to help.... but because independently, and without me knowing, two other of my employees offered to help here (my people are awesome, great employees and very knowledgable)!!!

So how long does it take for a package to get to Bunkie?

Oddly enough I can answer this question very easily because I have sent three packages to Bunkie in the last month!

The ANSWER IS: 24-48 hours! I know this because the first two packages sent to this individual made into to Bunkie in that time frame but didn't make it to Hotheads (thank you Dennis thats a good one) mail box.... Why you ask? Well its because the Ex-Customer apparently doesn't know or care to pay attention to his information and can't properly put in an address. We use the customer supplied address, because who better to provide and fill out the address than the resident?

BTW Here is the third package we sent, with tracking and delivery conformation! Only after having to verify and get the corrected info from his lovely girlfriend/Wife! Whom BTW is a FRIEND that I have known for years!

https://www.fedex.com/apps/fedextrack/?tracknumbers=176625070335

End of answer to that question!

Do you care to respond to why you haven't replied since yesterday after finding out you can't properly put your own address in but you CAN call Me and My operations manager a Liar several times here and in numerous other areas??

This is the part that I cant abide!!!! I will not tolerate my people being berated or called liars.

Now onward:

Lets talk about the Initial question! The Bur that was in the original Photo....

It got missed, Why? because when you make 50-300 suppressors at a time little **** happens... Its why we offered to e-mail a next day shipping label to and from him!!!!! to fix this by doing this!

A Little video of flicking one of the Thousands of 1/8" X .0065" thick flakes out of the same model Can, attached here or below: WELL I CANT GET THE PICS AND VIDEO TO ATTACH....

After the Next-day label time frame displeased Hothead I recommended using a probe or pencil to work and flake it out himself!

Still displeased:

I offered a full refund for the cans, of which he declined!!!

WHAT MORE CAN WE OFFER?

After refusing this, he went or sent pictures to NO less that three other dealers.... NOT manufacturers.... that said it should be sent in or removed, apparently he got the flake out because he says the Cans sound good.... (BTW three of these dealers contacted me asking "why is this guy bugging me with this" responses).

So that is as much time as I am willing to devote to this. THIS the Story I hope you tell the people when you wear a Sign around your neck at the guns shows we attend to ask you about your story of dealings with AKLYS! Since as you state, you "don't want to be malicious" in your dealings....

SO HERE IS WHERE IT GETS GOOD FOR YA'LL!!!!:

Here is a Coupon code for 25% off to the first 10 people that want an AKLYS suppressor or RMR cut up to $200 in savings!!!! If you are a Louisiana resident we will even do the transfer to you, the Tax stamp is on you and ALL NFA LAWS APPLY!

" HOTHEADVEH "

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I don't normally bother nor care the thoughts of a fired customer so I typically only reply by offering a solution to help.... but because independently, and without me knowing, two other of my employees offered to help here (my people are awesome, great employees and very knowledgable)!!!

So how long does it take for a package to get to Bunkie?

Oddly enough I can answer this question very easily because I have sent three packages to Bunkie in the last month!

The ANSWER IS: 24-48 hours! I know this because the first two packages sent to this individual made into to Bunkie in that time frame but didn't make it to Hotheads (thank you Dennis thats a good one) mail box.... Why you ask? Well its because the Ex-Customer apparently doesn't know or care to pay attention to his information and can't properly put in an address. We use the customer supplied address, because who better to provide and fill out the address than the resident?

BTW Here is the third package we sent, with tracking and delivery conformation! Only after having to verify and get the corrected info from his lovely girlfriend/Wife! Whom BTW is a FRIEND that I have known for years!

https://www.fedex.com/apps/fedextrack/?tracknumbers=176625070335

End of answer to that question!

Do you care to respond to why you haven't replied since yesterday after finding out you can't properly put your own address in but you CAN call Me and My operations manager a Liar several times here and in numerous other areas??

This is the part that I cant abide!!!! I will not tolerate my people being berated or called liars.

Now onward:

Lets talk about the Initial question! The Bur that was in the original Photo....

It got missed, Why? because when you make 50-300 suppressors at a time little **** happens... Its why we offered to e-mail a next day shipping label to and from him!!!!! to fix this by doing this!

A Little video of flicking one of the Thousands of 1/8" X .0065" thick flakes out of the same model Can, attached here or below: WELL I CANT GET THE PICS AND VIDEO TO ATTACH....

After the Next-day label time frame displeased Hothead I recommended using a probe or pencil to work and flake it out himself!

Still displeased:

I offered a full refund for the cans, of which he declined!!!

WHAT MORE CAN WE OFFER?

After refusing this, he went or sent pictures to NO less that three other dealers.... NOT manufacturers.... that said it should be sent in or removed, apparently he got the flake out because he says the Cans sound good.... (BTW three of these dealers contacted me asking "why is this guy bugging me with this" responses).

So that is as much time as I am willing to devote to this. THIS the Story I hope you tell the people when you wear a Sign around your neck at the guns shows we attend to ask you about your story of dealings with AKLYS! Since as you state, you "don't want to be malicious" in your dealings....

SO HERE IS WHERE IT GETS GOOD FOR YA'LL!!!!:

Here is a Coupon code for 25% off to the first 10 people that want an AKLYS suppressor or RMR cut up to $200 in savings!!!! If you are a Louisiana resident we will even do the transfer to you, the Tax stamp is on you and ALL NFA LAWS APPLY!

" HOTHEADVEH "

Well that was unexpected. I think it’s only fair for Hothand to respond to these new revelations. What do you say hothands? You did bash the hell out of this company so I think it’s only fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom