CZ P09 vs XDM vs M&P

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mxav

Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Nov 25, 2011
    New Orleans
    I've never shot a XDM but the XDS line is "ok". The P09 & M&P full size are the smoothest & easiest guns for me to shoot.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    The M&P series will always win this fight for me. Of course, it's all personal preference, but I absolutely love the M&P series pistols. I own about a dozen of them.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Having shot all of them, take the XDM off your list unless you like disappointment.
    M&P is a broad category, so I don't know which model you're referring to.
    The CZ P-09 is a full size polymer DA/SA hammer gun and does not compare to either.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I could not agree with this statement more! The XDM is garbage. Much like most things from Springfield. But that GRIP ZONE though! :dogkeke:

It will ruffle some feathers, but they are just not good guns. There are a dozen polymer striker guns out there will do you right, but the XD series is not one of them.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    It will ruffle some feathers, but they are just not good guns. There are a dozen polymer striker guns out there will do you right, but the XD series is not one of them.

Agreed. And this is why you see SO MANY of them for sale really cheap on the used market.

AZ2VET

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2017
    Ponchatoula, La.
    I have an XD 5" in 45 acp (my 2nd one, fire claimed the first) and I am just as happy with it as I am my beretta's, and when I got it I did not have to replace the stock trigger and sights like most do with a certain makers. And I will not own a 1911. I also have and shoot a HiPoint C9. enjoy dem apples. :rolleyes:

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I own both XD's and M&P's. Both are great pistols in many sizes and calibers. The ones you usually see selling for cheap are Mod.1 (not Mod.2) XD's and 1.0 (Not 2.0) M&P pistols. They are generally around the same price point apples to apples, but whatever you go with make sure the Springfield is Mod.2 or the M&P 2.0. Both are big improvements over the previous generation

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    So much Springfield hate on this forum nowadays. smh

I have a few xdms and xds. Fantastic guns. Have 3500-4000 rounds through my xdms without fail.
    I have about 1300rounds through my xds flawless.
    Eats any ammo you put in it and it feels so much better in my hand than a lot of other pistols. I love the ambi mag release.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    They are just trolling. I bought a spring field 1911 last week and plan to get more. Nice pistols.

I’m not *trolling,* I legit don’t care for Springfield polymer firearms. Just my personal preference and own experience with them. But, I will say, they do make a fine 1911!

Lnw2

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 9, 2018
    Crowley, La
    I own Springfield xd(m) 10mm... it shoots great, no problems, accurate, no complaints! Also have xdm 2.0 9mm - no complaints, love the way it shoots!

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    They are just trolling. I bought a spring field 1911 last week and plan to get more. Nice pistols.

Catastrophic failures are just trolling...

XD-failure-SageDynamices.jpg

991GT3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I’d choose the P-09 or P-07 over any of the striker pistols.

If you bother with the CGW parts it’s head and shoulders above them all.

The XD and XDm... I’ll politely pass, thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    I’m not *trolling,* I legit don’t care for Springfield polymer firearms. Just my personal preference and own experience with them. But, I will say, they do make a fine 1911!
    When I think of trolling, I think of very general post with nothing to back it up.

Its OK not to like a certain firearm or brand, but at least take the one to say why with a nice explination.
    Just saying "i don't like this" doesn't help us at all. Maybe you have valid reasons and it may influence us.

As for the OP's question, I'd see which feels better in my hand, which usually has better manufacturer support, ease of take down etc.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom