What’s going to happen?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana
    What’s funny to me is all the gun owners that say from my dead hands and say they won’t turn in their guns, but really all they will do is hide them and feel like they accomplished something. If you are taking a stand you can’t hide them you gotta walk down the street and stand for what’s right.

My 2 options would be follow the law and turn them in OR take a stand and walk down the street with them in plan sight. Losing them in a “boating accident” is too cowardly for me IMO.

Through that maze of word salad, and assumptions of what you think others would do; I didn't get an answer, but at least you didn't say you just turn them in. Maybe there is hope after all.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Through that maze of word salad, and assumptions of what you think others would do; I didn't get an answer, but at least you didn't say you just turn them in. Maybe there is hope after all.

If it ever becomes a felony to possess any gun I own I will turn them in.

Now do you agree with every gun law currently on the books?

If something you own becomes illegal what would you do?

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Well I’m not gonna be a criminal so I’d probably scrap them.

And so would most everyone else. And like you stated, the rest would just hide them. It would be no different than what happened with bump stocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana
    Im not turning them in period, and No i dont agree with most of the current laws.

If it ever becomes a felony to possess any gun I own I will turn them in.

Now do you agree with every gun law currently on the books?

If something you own becomes illegal what would you do?

Last edited:

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Im not turning them in, and No i dont agree with most of the current laws.

You are a brave man. I also don’t agree with many of our laws but opt to follow them. I’m just not willing to risk my freedom or the livelihood of my family for a gun or gun accessory.

jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana
    Bravery has nothing to do with it.

I dont have bumpstocks or any so called assesories so that point is mute. I think Bump stocks are useless anyway.

What I will not give up is my guns.

Too many people have died for us to just hand them over.

Look all the ban states; Connecticut in particular. Its now a felony to not register your AR 15. Less than 5% (my last check) have complied, and that law was passed a few yrs ago. Maryland; same. Look at Virginia right now. Are all of them *brave* for exercising their 2nd amendment right against a tyrannical Richmond Government?

I know Everyone thinks that will never happen in Louisiana, but its coming.

There are 45M of us, and 2M of them with at least half of that 2M on the side of the 45M

I will be damned if Im going let some emotionally challenged liberal progressive tell me I can no longer own what I currently own when the end game is total gun confiscation.

Hopefully we wont have to make that choice, but hope that it wont happen is fading rather quickly.

Everyone thinks about their families. Think about if you hand them ALL over. What kind of America are the kids going to grow up and raise their families in?

Thats what everyone needs to understand. The south has been immune to all that tyranny, but if you look at states like VA, NC and now GA (Atlanta), and soon FL; that cancer is spreading, and is being funded by Billionaires like Bloomberg, Soros and others. Why do you think that is?

Appreciate the honesty.

You are a brave man. I also don’t agree with many of our laws but opt to follow them. I’m just not willing to risk my freedom or the livelihood of my family for a gun or gun accessory.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Yep. I’m sure all of these brave men served their country by serving in the military.

jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana
    Thats your weak response? How many people had prior military service prior to the Revolutionary War, Civil War, Indian Wars, WW1, WW2, Korean and Vietnam War?

I totally respect the Veterans/police so spare us. You of all people, if your a veteran, should know what the end game is. You took an oath to defend the Constitution or have you forgotten that?

Don't tarnish your service or others because your not willing to make a stand at some point for whatever reasons you have.

Keep in mind im not talking about bump stocks, pistol braces, binary triggers or any of that BS; im talking gun confiscation. The left plans to take away your Browning over and under after they take away the AR, Aks, Hks and others. They are not hiding it anymore.

Yep. I’m sure all of these brave men served their country by serving in the military.

Last edited:

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Bravery has nothing to do with it.

I dont have bumpstocks or any so called assesories so that point is mute. I think Bump stocks are useless anyway.

What I will not give up is my guns.

Too many people have died for us to just hand them over.

Look all the ban states; Connecticut in particular. Its now a felony to not register your AR 15. Less than 5% (my last check) have complied, and that law was passed a few yrs ago. Maryland; same. Look at Virginia right now. Are all of them *brave* for exercising their 2nd amendment right against a tyrannical Richmond Government?

I know Everyone thinks that will never happen in Louisiana, but its coming.

There are 45M of us, and 2M of them with at least half of that 2M on the side of the 45M

I will be damned if Im going let some emotionally challenged liberal progressive tell me I can no longer own what I currently own when the end game is total gun confiscation.

Hopefully we wont have to make that choice, but hope that it wont happen is fading rather quickly.

Everyone thinks about their families. Think about if you hand them ALL over. What kind of America are the kids going to grow up and raise their families in?

Thats what everyone needs to understand. The south has been immune to all that tyranny, but if you look at states like VA, NC and now GA (Atlanta), and soon FL; that cancer is spreading, and is being funded by Billionaires like Bloomberg, Soros and others. Why do you think that is?

Appreciate the honesty.

Are the people keeping the bump stocks doing so openly OR just hiding them?

The people have no chance in hell taking a stand against our current military.

ETA: I totally disagree with the NFA act but will not violate it.

Last edited:

jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana

I have no idea what people are doing with bump stocks. Full auto is ******** anyway. We all know that.

I personally don't think the military is going to turn on American citizens. Some may sure, but most wont.

Look what is happening in VA with the police. They (currently) are standing with the people.

Watch this video. There are a-lot of flaws and we all know what people *think* could happen would be 180 from reality. (From both sides)

https://youtu.be/aJh7Ye1Qvc8

Its long i know, but worth a look.

Now keep in mind, I'm not advocating any of this, BUT its just makes you think a-little.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Thats your weak response? How many people had prior military service prior to the Revolutionary War, Civil War, Indian Wars, WW1, WW2, Korean and Vietnam War?

I totally respect the Veterans/police so spare us. You of all people, if your a veteran, should know what the end game is. You took an oath to defend the Constitution or have you forgotten that?

Don't tarnish your service or others because your not willing to make a stand at some point for whatever reasons you have.

Keep in mind im not talking about bump stocks, pistol braces, binary triggers or any of that BS; im talking gun confiscation. The left plans to take away your Browning over and under after they take away the AR, Aks, Hks and others. They are not hiding it anymore.

Lol, ok tough guy. You proved my point for me.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Correct. I’m not willing to sacrifice my family fighting over a pistol brace lol

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    You proved mine. Im went deeper than pistol braces. Try reading the whole response before you respond like a 3rd grader.

You are correct, I see now you are only talking about firearm confiscation. That def changed my opinion. Thanks for setting me straight.

jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana
    Im assuming your serious, lol.

Im just trying to figure out where people heads are and why because of what is happening in VA. Everyone has a right to an opinion. Im not saying I'm right or wrong.

Im just asking questions.

If you are serious, we are good. If your not, im still good lol

You are correct, I see now you are only talking about firearm confiscation. That def changed my opinion. Thanks for setting me straight.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Im assuming your serious, lol.

Im just trying to figure out where people heads are and why because of what is happening in VA. Everyone has a right to an opinion. Im not saying I'm right or wrong.

Im just asking questions.

If you are serious, we are good. If your not, im still good lol

Ok, I’ll be serious for a second, something I rarely do on here. If there is a ban on anything you have to make a personal decision. Only you can decide If said object is worth your freedom or your life. Is it worth the life of your family? That’s for you to decide. If anyone thinks “the man” is going to show up to confiscate your weapons and not be prepared for a fight they are kidding themselves. I also do not think anyone who has a career, is going to be posting on a gun website about how they are going to fight the government , and are prepared for a civil war. These threads are always silly and honestly accomplish nothing.

jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana
    Well i just like to hear peoples points of view on the subject because of what the other side is doing, and why they have that point of view. I post answers to get questions and ask deeper questions on the subject. Pistol braces, bump stocks are ******** and we can partially blame every tom, dick and harry posting vids on Youtube for the uniformed knowing what a pistol brace, binary trigger etc. even is (thats another story)

Nobody is advocating civil war, rising up against the gov. I just like having that discussion. (Sometimes anyway) Just because of what is in the news cycle in VA.

Ok, I’ll be serious for a second, something I rarely do on here. If there is a ban on anything you have to make a personal decision. Only you can decide If said object is worth your freedom or your life. Is it worth the life of your family? That’s for you to decide. If anyone thinks *the man* is going to show up to confiscate your weapons and not be prepared for a fight they are kidding themselves. I also do not think anyone who has a career, is going to be posting on a gun website about how they are going to fight the government , and are prepared for a civil war. These threads are always silly and honestly accomplish nothing.

El Pozzinator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Denham springs LA
    I have inside contact with a few swing state agencies. I won’t name specifically which ones, for obvious reasons. I will say that in one of these specific states, martial law along with civil asset forfeiture (gun confiscation, land reallocation along tactical and strategic corridors, etc) has been talked about as an exercise by the legislature, and state police were brought into the conversation along with national guard. State police lost SIX HUNDRED troopers within the next month to “early retirement”. National guard lost 5% of the force transferring to other states or the reserve.

If y’all recall in the late mid 90s, nato tried to flex on us in Bosnia as well. Tried to force the US to help them go door to door under UN flag and foreign command to seize firearms just in case tensions sparked back up. One guy - ONE - made national news by flatly refusing what he felt (correctly, according to international law of war and UCMJ - specifically as refers to AR 670-1) was a series of unlawful orders. SPC Michael May was courtmartialed and exonerated by a US tribunal, because not only were the orders unlawful by law of war they also went against the constitutions of the US and the host nation. As a result, the remaining US troops assigned to UN missions were polled as to whether they’d willingly participate in confiscations and/or serve under foreign command. The overwhelming majority (>60%, IIRC, of people who’d makes difference if lost - IE senior enlisted and senior company-grade or junior field-grade officers) said no. And since we have an all-volunteer military, that was seen as a bridge too far concerning readiness of the force. The issue was dropped and hasn’t been revisited.

Washington can do what it wants. That doesn’t mean it’s constitutionally legal, and it doesn’t mean it’ll be enforced. Look at how extensively current immigration and schedule-1 narcotics laws are being enforced at the local and state levels. Then add in the recent backlash by elected LEOs saying they won’t enforce federal dictates which go against federal law, particularly the bill of rights.

This is all squeaky-wheel grandstanding to get more tax dollars out of a multibillion dollar industry (check your receipt next time you buy ammo - cabelas itemizes the “sporting goods” tax on firearms, ammo, and related accessories). Because every time Washington says “ban”, sales go through the roof and another parasite agency meets its budget requirements for the following fiscal year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom