What’s going to happen?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    So, realistically what would happen if ar pistols with the forearm brace are deemed illegal?
    How do they find the gun? How would they seize the gun?
    Looking at what’s happening in Virginia it would be naïve to say it won’t happen here.
    I mean, I don’t have an AR-15 pistol but what happens if a new law says its illegal??

And hot TF did we get here?!? I would hate for some type of revolution but shits getting more intense by the day.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    There are a few possibilities in Virginia, but I do believe something is indeed around the corner. I’m hoping it’s the demons finding some common sense and realizing that they don’t want the fight that they’re about to incite. I’m hoping they’ll back their retarded asses down and decide to give it a rest. Even if they do, they’ll record the data and plan for the next attempt. I truly believe that most of this is an experiment for the left, whether planned or not. The governor is insane and the powers that be are sitting back watching the response to his threats. So far they see the large majority of the state bucking and taking a stand. I’m sure they’d love to know just how far law abiding gun owners are actually willing to go. Kinda like some bad kid poking the caged bear with a stick. Just leaning on the fence and poking, ready to turn and run at the first sign the bear will attack. What they don’t seem to get is the bear has a gun and there’s really no fence between them....

Thinking back a couple years when everyone (ok, almost everyone) thought Killary was gonna be the new POTUS, I knew that if she won we would see such a drastic and abrupt change in our country to do with freedoms, liberties and guns being threatened and taken that there would most likely be uprisings the likes we have never seen. Sure they’ve occurred on our soil, but not in our time. I’m gonna tell you all, and you can believe it or not, but there is a faction of our federal government and I’m sure even other entities outside our government that want us disarmed and enslaved so badly that the next Democrat elected POTUS will likely bring about those events that we fear. The beginning of the end of our nation. I have hoped and prayed for years that I’d not see it in my time. I’m pretty sure everyone here knows that when they start confiscating guns, the end is very farking nigh.

Hillary would have tried, Bato said hell yes he would, Virginia’s governor is threatening to and sooner or later we will have to show them they cannot take our guns.

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    They may already be illegal. No telling what’s in that monster bill the tyrants came together in the middle of the night to jam down our throats. It will be months before they all read it and we finally see the damage it will do. But I guess we can still hang on to the illusion of choice.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    So is every new thread on bayoushooter going to be about “uprisings”? I’m sure the ban on pistol braces would go the same as bump stocks. This is what happens when people try to circumvent the law over and over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    So is every new thread on bayoushooter going to be about *uprisings*?

I had a very simple question. What happens if they are banned/made illegal to own. As in what happens to the pistols with braces, how will action be taken.

This isn’t an uprising thread. Just a simple question.

Honestly, to me, bayoushooter has become a for sale site. Very rarely see anything educational any more.
    When I first started out here it was a lot of educated people giving good answers to newbies that wanted to learn.

I’ve met several people off of BS, nice people that would go out of their way to help me out and I’ve done the same for them.
    I still see a few names I recognize but a lot that have helped me out and given me really good advice seems are long gone.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Sorry Blackboltss. Sorry if I went too dark on you. I was actually trying to be realistic. I dread any sort of revolution as well but I can see the writing on the wall. The real question is how far can gun owning citizens be pushed before they won’t. I don’t think it will be like Australia. I take the words of those in power literally. They’re already telling us what they think will happen. How will they know where to look? Unless a gun owner has paid cash for every firearm and firearm related purchase in the past double digit amount of years and never referred to any sort of purchase on any public medium, there is enough of a record stored that can be pulled up to put every gun owner on a list. A list of homes for whomever is acting on behalf of a state or the federal government to visit if it ultimately comes to that. That’s what could happen.
    What will happen is yet to be seen.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I had a very simple question. What happens if they are banned/made illegal to own. As in what happens to the pistols with braces, how will action be taken.

Honestly, to me, bayoushooter has become a for sale site. Very rarely see anything educational any more.
    When I first started out here it was a lot of educated people giving good answers to newbies that wanted to learn.

I’ve met several people off of BS, nice people that would go out of their way to help me out and I’ve done the same for them.
    I still see a few names I recognize but a lot that have helped me out and given me really good advice seems are long gone.

I looked at all the questions you have posted and you recived good answers to them all.
    It looks like you want others to be able to look into the future and that is not possible.
    I also see where you are looking at getting a AR Pistol. No one can predict the future here.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I looked at all the questions you have posted and you recived good answers to them all.
    It looks like you want others to be able to look into the future and that is not possible.
    I also see where you are looking at getting a AR Pistol. No one can predict the future here.

Correct. Although there has been some precedence set with the bump stock as to what steps would have to be taken if you own one.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I agree 100 percent.
    If one buys a pistol and ads a brace. The brace is later found to be not legal it leaves two things you can do.
    One return the pistol to the way it was when you bought it and remain legal. And do what the law says ti do. Or two do not and take the chance that others,take do that do illegal things.
    I know you are hoping for option three to be Grandfathered in on a law that is not even written yet.
    Bump Stocks gone. Binary Triggers Ok for now.
    Hey i spent many years removing Asbestos that was the best thing ever. That i am sure guys spent just as many years installing.
    You know Death and Taxes

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Sorry Blackboltss. Sorry if I went too dark on you. I was actually trying to be realistic. I dread any sort of revolution as well but I can see the writing on the wall. The real question is how far can gun owning citizens be pushed before they won’t.

No need to say sorry lol. I don’t get offended, I didn’t know if anything like this has happened before n the past and what were the steps take by the government.

Like..... in Cali whenever they made a 10rd mag cap. Did the people that have standard mags given the option to turn them in? (Just trying time think of an example)

It’s hard for me to see out police officers going door to door checking to see if I have any weapons deemed illegal but you never really know.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA

I'd assume they get grandfathered in or they don't. I'd assume if they don't and become illegal people would have the option to destroy OR turn them in, if not they become a criminal. I know every gun owner is a bad boater and all but that's silly talk IMO.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    No need to say sorry lol. I don’t get offended, I didn’t know if anything like this has happened before n the past and what were the steps take by the government.

Like..... in Cali whenever they made a 10rd mag cap. Did the people that have standard mags given the option to turn them in? (Just trying time think of an example)

It’s hard for me to see out police officers going door to door checking to see if I have any weapons deemed illegal but you never really know.
    I completely understand and I’ll wager most people here share your concerns. None of us really knows what it will come to. We can only look at history and guess. When I hear folks say something will never happen I sometimes ask them how they can be certain if it’s already happened. I’d rather see the train coming than bury my head in the sand and hope it will just pass me by. Ignorance is not bliss. It’s just ignorance.

Trying to be prepared for the worst by considering the worst is not being an alarmist chicken little.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I like to think of these threads as.
    A Test of the Emergency Bayoushooter System. The members of your area in voluntary cooperation with the FCC and other authorities (or, in later years, "federal, state and local authorities") have developed this system to keep you informed in the event of an emergency."

Last edited:

jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana
    What would you do?

Im not destroying anything or turning anything in.

I'd assume they get grandfathered in or they don't. I'd assume if they don't and become illegal people would have the option to destroy OR turn them in, if not they become a criminal. I know every gun owner is a bad boater and all but that's silly talk IMO.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I guess you would turn in your guns too if they were outlawed. GOD help us all.

What’s funny to me is all the gun owners that say from my dead hands and say they won’t turn in their guns, but really all they will do is hide them and feel like they accomplished something. If you are taking a stand you can’t hide them you gotta walk down the street and stand for what’s right.

My 2 options would be follow the law and turn them in OR take a stand and walk down the street with them in plan sight. Losing them in a “boating accident” is too cowardly for me IMO.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom