Good Guys Win Just West of Ft. Worth

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    It is unclear, in the video, but that is definitely a pistol grip style firearm. I'm guessing, from what I can discern of the barrel length, that it is most likely a Shockwave type firearm.

If I'm correct, we can probably anticipate some movement on these firearms from the alphabet boys.

It was a shotgun. Most likely an illegal SBS. However, that sort of response by the ATF would surely put you in a bind.

Troedoff

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Prairieville
    The named hero shooter was retired Police/FBI, who also had owned and operated a range, and training center for 20+ years. There was confirmed a second unnamed hero shooter, likely from the second or third row where the muzzle flash is visible from. They fired likely at almost exactly the same time as back row shooter. I have watched all the vids I can find, hundreds of times, because I plan to add this, with a fairly extensive AAR to my concealed carry curriculum. Concealed Nation has a video posted where you can clearly see the slide action from the guy in the back row. It is plainly clear he took a shot. I cannot tell which church member took a second shot, and only speculate it was from cover in the second or third row where you can clearly see a muzzle flash. If the reporting this morning is correct the two shots must have been taken at near the same time.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I noticed the good guy temple index. I’ve never attended a class where that is emphasized. I believe it’s a great discipline in a crowded chaotic situation. Thoughts?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I noticed the good guy temple index. I’ve never attended a class where that is emphasized. I believe it’s a great discipline in a crowded chaotic situation. Thoughts?

It's a thing. Not the thing. But it's a thing.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    John from ASP made a very good video detailing the shooting:

I urge everyone to watch it, as it has a lot of good information.

Troedoff

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Prairieville

It has ups and downs, just like everything else. Like everything else it can be debated until the end of time. At the end of the day it boils down to personal preference, and more importantly, your level of training, and what you've been practicing.

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    Really good AAR. Worth the watch.

I know how easy it is to armchair qb these things... but something thats been on my mind but not addressed in most every AAR I've seen, is remaining aware for a second or third shooter. Everyone seems to be solely focused on the one BG.

Thankfully thats all it was.

frhunter13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2018
    New Orleans
    Main line media will never publish this. Not on their anti gun agenda. Legal do good doer gun owner does not exist in their agenda.

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    My CC goes to church on a regular basis---every time I go---I HOPE TO NEVER ENCOUNTER ANYTHING
    SUCH AS THIS OR ANY SITUATION WHERE IT WOULD BE NEEDED!!!

Same here. Don't leave home without it, hope to never use it.

Top Bottom