Good Guys Win Just West of Ft. Worth

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    It looks like the bg shot the guy to the left first. It appears he was fumbling for his gun, possibly some words between them by the body language.

Does the bg seem to drop really quickly? The shotgun goes off right before he goes down. Almost as though he shot himself. I know the media is saying otherwise.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Not exactly congruent with the media report for sure. The report said nothing of a security guard. But dang look at all that iron come out after the shooting. Refreshing sight. I hope all the bad guys take note.

Sig220

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2014
    Bridge City,TX
    It looks like the bg shot the guy to the left first. It appears he was fumbling for his gun, possibly some words between them by the body language.

Does the bg seem to drop really quickly? The shotgun goes off right before he goes down. Almost as though he shot himself. I know the media is saying otherwise.

What I have heard is that he shot armed church member first, fired a second shot that wounded others and was hit by a shot fired by the other most prominent armed church member. On the video you can clearly hear 3 shots fired.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Looked like the guy was mulling around a good minute before he opened fire. Can’t tell from the video but I wonder how he was concealing the shotgun and if nobody had a clue until the first shot. Crazy

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    At least the guy who made the shot wasn’t a typical concealed carrier with a .380 in his pocket that shoots at 3 yards on the weekend.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    There are 3 shots. Right after the 3rd shot, the bad guy goes down. The three screen captures are 3 successive frames at the time the 3rd shot is fired. In the middle frame, you can see what appears to be a muzzle flash in the area of the bad guy. You do not see one in the area of the cop although, taking into account the frame rate of the video capture, that in and of itself does not mean anything. But you also do not see any change in the direction of the muzzle of the cop's gun. In the 3rd frame, you can see what looks like a piece of the bad guy's clothing move upwards. In the 2nd frame, you can see the reflection of the muzzle flash in the back of the pew directly next to the bad guy but you cannot see a reflection in the back of the pew in front of the bad guy. There was nobody sitting in the frontmost pew with a reflection so it seems unlikely any of the clergy would have fired that 3rd shot.

Screen Shot 2019-12-29 at 9.24.06 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2019-12-29 at 9.24.15 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2019-12-29 at 9.24.33 PM.jpg

Edit: looking at the video again, the muzzle of the good guy's gun does move slightly so he could have some good muzzle control. I also stripped off the audio portion of the video, isolated each of the shots, and placed them on top of each other. The duration and amplitude of each shot are the same. But the 3rd shot seems "busier" in the beginning like there's more sound in there. I have to think the bad guy fired a 3rd shot based on what appears to be the reflection of a muzzle flash so the good guy could happened to have fired at the same time as the bad guy. And it looks like the bad guy had the gun pointed toward the stage when he turned around. Or, perhaps, I'm overthinking this one.

Last edited:

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    There are 3 shots. Right after the 3rd shot, the bad guy goes down. The three screen captures are 3 successive frames at the time the 3rd shot is fired. In the middle frame, you can see what appears to be a muzzle flash in the area of the bad guy. You do not see one in the area of the cop although, taking into account the frame rate of the video capture, that in and of itself does not mean anything. But you also do not see any change in the direction of the muzzle of the cop's gun. In the 3rd frame, you can see what looks like a piece of the bad guy's clothing move upwards. In the 2nd frame, you can see the reflection of the muzzle flash in the back of the pew directly next to the bad guy but you cannot see a reflection in the back of the pew in front of the bad guy. There was nobody sitting in the frontmost pew with a reflection so it seems unlikely any of the clergy would have fired that 3rd shot.

View attachment 91295View attachment 91296View attachment 91297

I watched that video and thought the same thing before seeing your post. Wondering if the guy offed himself, or if when he was hit by a bullet, he squeezed the trigger on that shotgun that was pointed in a odd direction. Strange

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I watched that video and thought the same thing before seeing your post. Wondering if the guy offed himself, or if when he was hit by a bullet, he squeezed the trigger on that shotgun that was pointed in a odd direction. Strange

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about the sound? I would imagine that would make the 3rd sound extend a little as it would be comprised of two separate shots. But I didn't hear that.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    One thing that many don't think about in a situation like this, especially if there are multiple non LE weapons out, is who the good guys are. Notice the 2 guys coming down the center aisle. The heavy guy to the rear looks like he has the front guy in his sights, like he isn't sure if front guy is a second shooter or not. Although, for so many weapons being drawn, I can certainly appreciate their trigger discipline.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    It is unclear, in the video, but that is definitely a pistol grip style firearm. I'm guessing, from what I can discern of the barrel length, that it is most likely a Shockwave type firearm.

If I'm correct, we can probably anticipate some movement on these firearms from the alphabet boys.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom