Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10192021 ... LastLast
    _________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drenfro78 View Post
    I can ring steel plates at 100yds open sights all day long with my M&P sport. That’s all I really ask of it.
    If that's all you expect of it, rock on.

On Target

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    If that's all you expect of it, rock on.
    From that rifle yes. Itís reliable, put together well, and is accurate enough to drop a man at 100 yards. It stays in my grab and go safe. I built another rifle with a Colt match grade barrel and better parts for more precise shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Training Ferrous Metal

User Info Menu

A few more gems for everyone to enjoy:

Dafuq am I looking at!!! Name and shame!

Oh, and I do have an M&P, not a sport, but I keep it to have a loaner AR. The parts are good, the assembly was mostly OK. I fixed everything but the castle nut staking, my vise is still sitting in a box, I need to mount it to my new work bench and do it right, and find all my tools. AK building has taken over, much more satisfying than an AR build.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kcinnick View Post
    Dafuq am I looking at!!! Name and shame!

Oh, and I do have an M&P, not a sport, but I keep it to have a loaner AR. The parts are good, the assembly was mostly OK. I fixed everything but the castle nut staking, my vise is still sitting in a box, I need to mount it to my new work bench and do it right, and find all my tools. AK building has taken over, much more satisfying than an AR build.
    Aero Precision and Anderson lowers with defects. The Aero lowers had the buffer retainer hole drilled in the wrong location, which cut through to the trigger pocket. The Anderson lower has an out of spec magwell, which is on par for Anderson.

Training Ferrous Metal

User Info Menu

Aero Precision and Anderson lowers with defects. The Aero lowers had the buffer retainer hole drilled in the wrong location, which cut through to the trigger pocket. The Anderson lower has an out of spec magwell, which is on par for Anderson.
    I saw the defects, I just wanted names. When Aero first started selling to the public under their own brand name they were pretty good. The longer they have been on the market the crappier their products have gotten. You can still get good Aero stuff, but you have a chance of getting out of spec crap too. They will fix it.... IF they have the parts to swap out. I won't touch an Anderson. I gave away the freebies I got from them, well not directly from them, they were from a distributor, but still, crap tier is still crap tier when it is free.

Training Ferrous Metal

User Info Menu

Really, how on earth did that lower with messed up mag well make it out of ANY plant.

Redneck with a gun!

User Info Menu

A few more gems for everyone to enjoy:

An AK guy would fix that with a dremel!!!

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I saw the defects, I just wanted names. When Aero first started selling to the public under their own brand name they were pretty good. The longer they have been on the market the crappier their products have gotten. You can still get good Aero stuff, but you have a chance of getting out of spec crap too. They will fix it.... IF they have the parts to swap out. I won't touch an Anderson. I gave away the freebies I got from them, well not directly from them, they were from a distributor, but still, crap tier is still crap tier when it is free.
    Aero currently kicked customers to the curb due to COVID-19. You will have to wait a while before any warranty work can be done.

Really, how on earth did that lower with messed up mag well make it out of ANY plant.
    I have a folder full of photos of rifles from low end to high end with tons of defects. QC slips happen. More often with the cheap stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by AK shooter View Post
    An AK guy would fix that with a dremel!!!
    That's why AK guys are AK guys, because you can't fix that with a dremel...

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

You are right. PSA, as I understood along time ago, is made to Mil Specs. Am I wrong?
    Double action and decocker to left of hammer. Has new Meprolight night sights and new trigger spring. I bought it from a surgeon in Covington. Really take n care of.. It is like New. Sorry I am late answering you. I had to travel to Natchez. I'll be home tomorrow.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
    You are right. PSA, as I understood along time ago, is made to Mil Specs. Am I wrong?
    Yes.

Milspec has become a misunderstood fallacy. The majority of companies out there claiming to be made to military specifications are loosely following the TDP and most often failing to adhere to those tolerances, because they have a lack of quality control. Furthermore, the TDP spec tolerances are a rather wide range and it is up to the manufacturer to ensure their products work well together. Tolerance stacking is a common issue with manufacturers like PSA. They sell high volume low quality components while batch testing for quality.