Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23413 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 227
  1. #21
    _________

    Premium Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    I guess I’m still missing why this is such great concern you would oppose my statement of ‘buy/build what you want and don’t worry about the second owner’. The M&P sport II isn’t likely fooling anyone already on here. I personally like building stuff I’ll likely never buy another manufacturer assembled ar but it’s because I enjoy tinkering. I also enjoy using premium parts where it counts and using second hand or lower end parts where it’s less important. But those are my preferences, and as mentioned before the likelihood one of my blasters will fail from wear is pretty low. Would I trust them defensively? No more and no less than any other weapon I own with equal trigger time.
    If you enjoy building, it would behoove you to watch the podcast posted in the original post.

  2. #22
    Marksman

    Gold Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    The works for me mentality is why people believe the $350 AR-15 they bought is the equivalent to a reliable and quality carbine.
    WOW Dave,I thought you were coming back being kinder and gentler in 2019?

    How much deader and tastier would my bargain basement pew pew pew being used on deer's and piggies VS lets say your high-end name brand yuppie pew pew pew be?

    Would they be better tasting?

    How much deader would they be?

    Would I smell Hoppes #9 when shooting or cooking?

    Will I have to track deer farther in the dark with coyotes howling at ever step?

    Just a few question's for us peasants cause we gots to know!!!
    Last edited by Gator 45/70; December 31st, 2019 at 03:55 PM.
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

    Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

  3. #23
    Donít troll me bro!

    User Info Menu

    If I knew What the OP’s intended definition of ‘as good as’ was I’d be more likely to settle this from my standpoint. Reliable and dependable? Accurate to within reason? How pretty does it have to be? Bells and whistles? Because I don’t deck my budget rifles out past a decent stock and optic and you’ll be hard pressed to see much for logos showing on it either.
    I’ll say this, If I thought it was worth my trouble I’d take any one of a dozen lower cost AR15 rifles that I own and load up the same number of mags as any BCM rifle owner and we can take them out to the range and rip through them, mag for mag and see what’s what. So, if any BCM owner wants to spring for the ammo I’ll gladly bring my $500 rifle, built with PSA receivers and build kits, a hundred dollar Anderson arms carbine gassed barrel and a box of mags and meet at the range and get to shooting if it’ll help settle things. I don’t feel the need to prove anything to anyone else because I’m not trying to sell a rifle, but I like to shoot and if Mr BCM springs for the ammo to get his answer I’m down with that. I’m free every other weekend.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

  4. #24
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    AR's come down to 1) the quality of parts used and 2) how well it was built

    The gap between lower cost parts and higher-end parts has gotten closer significantly. After all, the QC inspection method mentioned only still comes down to chance.

    As with most things, they do generally follow the "get what you pay for" model. However, there are diminishing returns on higher-end guns cost wise. Everyone should figure out what's right for them.

    Also, things are sometimes sold at a higher cost than others...
    1) Fewer units are sold for whatever market reason, causing the business to charge more to make a higher margin and more money on less units (opposite of PSA)
    2) To protect the brand's reputation and power (marketing)
    3) A manufacturer cannot keep up inventory with the demand, so the price is raised to the sweet spot of production

  5. #25
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    S&W M&P Sport2 according to a YouTube video was the best selling rifle in2019. It held up to the meltdown test pretty well too. Just saying for a budget rifle might not be too bad.
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

    Tim

  6. #26
    _________

    Premium Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by twinin View Post
    AR's come down to 1) the quality of parts used and 2) how well it was built

    The gap between lower cost parts and higher-end parts has gotten closer significantly. After all, the QC inspection method mentioned only still comes down to chance.

    As with most things, they do generally follow the "get what you pay for" model. However, there are diminishing returns on higher-end guns cost wise. Everyone should figure out what's right for them.

    Also, things are sometimes sold at a higher cost than others...
    1) Fewer units are sold for whatever market reason, causing the business to charge more to make a higher margin and more money on less units (opposite of PSA)
    2) To protect the brand's reputation and power (marketing)
    3) A manufacturer cannot keep up inventory with the demand, so the price is raised to the sweet spot of production
    It’s nice to know there is at least one person that understands this.

    Companies pushing high volume tend to have an increased number or QC failures. Small batch companies are checking everything, even after parts have been received from the supplier. High volume companies are not. When you spend money on a high end rifle, you are typically getting more than just parts, you’re getting assurance that your rifle was assembled properly.

    People call themselves builders and don’t even dimple their barrels.

  7. #27
    _________

    Premium Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by machinedrummer View Post
    S&W M&P Sport2 according to a YouTube video was the best selling rifle in2019. It held up to the meltdown test pretty well too. Just saying for a budget rifle might not be too bad.
    *Meltdown tests* are often done by paid reviewers using a hand selected firearm.

    You don’t get free T&E guns to write bad reviews about them.
    Last edited by DAVE_M; December 31st, 2019 at 07:03 PM. Reason: triple tap

  8. #28
    _________

    Premium Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    If I knew What the OP’s intended definition of ‘as good as’ was I’d be more likely to settle this from my standpoint. Reliable and dependable? Accurate to within reason? How pretty does it have to be? Bells and whistles? Because I don’t deck my budget rifles out past a decent stock and optic and you’ll be hard pressed to see much for logos showing on it either.
    I’ll say this, If I thought it was worth my trouble I’d take any one of a dozen lower cost AR15 rifles that I own and load up the same number of mags as any BCM rifle owner and we can take them out to the range and rip through them, mag for mag and see what’s what. So, if any BCM owner wants to spring for the ammo I’ll gladly bring my $500 rifle, built with PSA receivers and build kits, a hundred dollar Anderson arms carbine gassed barrel and a box of mags and meet at the range and get to shooting if it’ll help settle things. I don’t feel the need to prove anything to anyone else because I’m not trying to sell a rifle, but I like to shoot and if Mr BCM springs for the ammo to get his answer I’m down with that. I’m free every other weekend.
    Dunning-Kruger is in full effect.

  9. #29
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    *Meltdown tests* are often done by paid reviewers using a hand selected firearm.

    You don’t get free T&E guns to write bad reviews about them.
    U don’t understand..I saw it with my own eyes. It was amazing. Best rifle ever made. I’m thinking about buying a few.
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

    Tim

  10. #30
    _________

    Premium Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by machinedrummer View Post
    U don’t understand..I saw it with my own eyes. It was amazing. Best rifle ever made. I’m thinking about buying a few.
    And what did this test entail?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •